Sign in to follow this  
Number9

Watford away

Looking at the home results for Watford, I''m pretty confident about us getting 3 points Saturday.

Obviously we have to guess at who will be in the team and tactics, but, I''m feeling good about this game.

Bring it on!

5th game of the season for me so far and I''ve never been to Vicarage Rd before so looking forward to it. Not paid close attention to Watford''s home form, have they been better away from home this season then?

I didn''t study their away form, but, the results they''ve had at home look encouraging for us.

1-3 City win.

They battered Man Utd in the second half a couple of weeks ago and but for De Gea they would have won. I''d settle for a point and would be delighted if we won.

On paper it is an away fixture where we would target point/s if we are to survive. This will be incredibly hard they are doing very well and should survive with ease. To lose a game like this would be a big blow for us. I would take a point but we need to pick up the odd away win

Last season Watford were supposedly a basket case who we were far superior to on the basis of beating them twice. I remember getting slated on here for stating otherwise.That said I think we''ll not get beat and see a few goals, say a 2-1, 2-2 or 3-2.

Typical game which has the Newcastle feel all over.

A game where we should be able to pick up points, and where AN may decide to abandon his defensive style in recent weeks, in order to go for the win.

This may well leave spaces in our previously fragile defence.

If AN can strike the balance, I have a reasonably good feel about the game. If get overconfident, and see this as an "easier" game than others (certainly easier than Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal), then we could well drop into muddy waters.

Watford is a counterattacking team, and got more urge about them, and more pace in the team, but this can be countered with patient play, keeping more possession than in recent games, etc.

For us, a draw is not a bad result, but we need to pick up an away win here and there, and this is one of the games where AN surely targets 3 points.

As always, getting the first goal will likely be vital.

1-2 Brady (67''), Mbokani (82'').

I agree with your predicted result Grefstad, though would also be happy with a draw. I particularly like your scorers and minutes prediction - you''re not part of a far East being syndicate are you?

Watford have really surprised me this season to date. They''ve completely thrown out the notion that too many new players can harm the team. But if we beat them, there''s only three points between us. Lose and it''s nine, so as stated wouldn''t be unhappy with a draw.

This thread all of a sudden seems to have attracted the Nancy Negatives and some of the usual ones at that.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This thread all of a sudden seems to have attracted the Nancy Negatives and some of the usual ones at that. [/quote]

Oh, such a shame. A forum where there is a bit of balance in the opinions is such a waste, isnt''t it? Better if we all are happy clappers. Do not bring any realism into this happy entity!

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="TIL 1010"]This thread all of a sudden seems to have attracted the Nancy Negatives and some of the usual ones at that. [/quote]

Oh, such a shame. A forum where there is a bit of balance in the opinions is such a waste, isnt''t it? Better if we all are happy clappers. Do not bring any realism into this happy entity![/quote]And as sure as night follows day up pops the resident Grim Reaper with talk of balanced opinion. What a complete joke as even Smudger only just beats you to anti club bile.

The manager will get the team wrong, the tactics will be wrong and he''ll make the wrong substitutions at the wrong time.

We can''t defend.

There''s no pace in our midfield, we can''t keep possession and we don''t run around enough.

The strikers can''t score unless we give them fifty chances in a game.

Watford 1 Norwich 4 (Martin (3), Howson).

Not sure who you''re referring to here Til, most have predicted or hope for at least a draw. I blame Stephen Fry.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]I agree with your predicted result Grefstad, though would also be happy with a draw. I particularly like your scorers and minutes prediction - you''re not part of a far East being syndicate are you? Watford have really surprised me this season to date. They''ve completely thrown out the notion that too many new players can harm the team. But if we beat them, there''s only three points between us. Lose and it''s nine, so as stated wouldn''t be unhappy with a draw.[/quote]

So a bit of a 6-pointer then !

I would be happy with a draw - an away draw in the Prem is never a bad result.  I''d be disappointed if we lose.  I expect AN to keep it tight, which Watford won''t like.

Been to Watford a couple of time - I remember the draw here under Lambert in the evening when Sam Vokes scored for us.  We went ahead and thought we''d steamroller them but they came back to take the lead and we had to equalise.  also for the league cup game when Hooper equalised with the last kick (header) of normal time and we won in extra time.

I saw somewhere that Watford''s strikers, Igalho and Deeney, have combined scored 12 of Watford''s total of 15 goals this season.

I don''t think we can expect a clean sheet at Watford (either), so we probably need to score at least 2 to win this game.

Deeney is a typical striker to create problems for us. Direct, can shoot, and puts himself about. But with the renewed defensive resolve of R.Bennett and Seb, we should be in with a decent chance of getting someting out of the game.

My betting percentages:

Watford: 37%

Draw: 35%

Norwich: 28%

Seen Watford a few times this season and they look solid defensively and Deeney has been very good acting as a focal point for their attacks. Think we will need Tettey or Mulumbu in the team to keep him quiet as he will get into spaces between midfield and defence and has a great habit of finding Igahlo with good quality.

They do seem to struggle a little with pace and movement when being attacked. So would like to see Redmond come in for a start. Dare I say it but could be a good game for Grabban to play again as more of the same from him and with Brady and Redmond either side we could give their defenders a real tough time. My heart says win but Watford have been very efficient when I have seen them so can only see a draw in this one.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]>And as sure as night follows day up pops the resident Grim Reaper with talk of balanced opinion. What a complete joke as even Smudger only just beats you to anti club bile.[/quote]

Loool...not spending any more time attacking this garbage you constantly put up in any decent thread in this forum.

You would not happen to be familiar with others in the same mould, the species known as "thread molesters", like Bor, Hogesar, Morty and what have you?

When a forum nobody like you finally come up with something decent to say, let me know (through a PM).

I will then down a can of beer in celebration, and burp the memory of TIL 1010 into clear, clean Norwegian air.

Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My betting percentages:

Grefstad the Norwegian Negative Nancy: 33%

Draw: 34%

Til 1010 the Nelson Numpty : 33%

Does anyone remember a great pub last year with I think Scottish Canaries in fine voice. I spoke to the landlady who said it was always vocal but that we were amongst the best although she was biased as she came from Norfolk.

I laughed when she said she enjoyed the banter every week but always took a day off when Ipswich were in town.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My betting percentages:

Grefstad the Norwegian Negative Nancy: 33%

Draw: 34%

Til 1010 the Nelson Numpty : 33%[/quote]

Lol. I feel undervalued. Surely I must be bordering on 50%?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]It''s just been reported on SSN that he''s changed his name to Tilson Fury, you''re toast.[/quote]Love it. [Y][:D]

Toast, me? Nah..:)

“A furore normannorum libera nos, domine” -

"From the fury of the Norsemen, O Lord, deliver us."

Sorry, but this will almost certainly be a defeat. Just for the fact that it should be a game where we can win, but we wont. Conceed early sloppy goal (Proberbly from a set piece), lots of possesion, conceed on the break. 2-0.