Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report The AGM 2015

[quote user="cornish sam"]I think the point I was trying to make was that the Eastern hordes aren''t battering down any gates and they''re more like Vampires than Mongol raiders in that they have to be invited in first.

You are right though that the debate should be about the future rather than the present. We can probably muddle along alright whilst we do have the Stowmarket Two, but lose one and we''ll most likely lose the other and that will happen sooner rather than later. A question that needs to be asked alongside the what is in the best interests of the club is "Do we, as fans, actually want what''s in the best interest of the club or do we want what is in the best interests of the fans and the local area?" The two are not necessarily the same thing... My personal opinion is that the ideal scenario would be the club moving to a mutual ownership model similar to German clubs (or Swansea to a lesser extent) where the fans own a majority stake in it, but that won''t give us the necessary wherewithal to compete with the benefactor owned clubs in the current system so it could be argued is not in the best interests of the club.[/quote]
[Y] Judging from comments on earlier threads your second paragraph speaks for many but by no means all on here. My view is that the club must move with the times and I''m afraid that that implies accepting changes which will undoubtedly stick in the gullet of many fans. Thanks for debate.