Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

TV Schedule change

I know it''s wrong, but there''s part of me that wants to see them get promoted. It should guarantee 6 points for us and it''d be hilarious to see Evans pocket all the TV money meaning they have to continue to rely on MM''s brand of hoofball, which you expect would lead to spanking after spanking.

Great to see a team in yellow shirts go there and do what we are used to a team in yellow shirts going there to do. And A player in a yellow shirt saying he wished he could play them every week...

Iwans BT wrote

I know it''s wrong, but there''s part of me that wants to see them get promoted. It should guarantee 6 points for us and it''d be hilarious to see Evans pocket all the TV money meaning they have to continue to rely on MM''s brand of hoofball, which you expect would lead to spanking after spanking.

Thing is Iwan if they did manage to get promoted, Evans would plough more money into the club and far more than what we have I''m afraid. I also could not stand the media continue their ''love in'' with a club that has been a disgrace for the last 15 years.

Watched all the second half of the game tonight. Binners totally outplayed so hope the scenario of blue scum in the Prem is just my nightmare.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Iwans BT wrote

Thing is Iwan if they did manage to get promoted, Evans would plough more money into the club and far more than what we have I''m afraid. I also could not stand the media continue their ''love in'' with a club that has been a disgrace for the last 15 years.

Watched all the second half of the game tonight. Binners totally outplayed so hope the scenario of blue scum in the Prem is just my nightmare.[/quote]I''m interested to know what leads you to this conclusion Bury? Is it an educated guess or do you have a source at the club? As an outsider, from the information I have gleaned it seems that Evans is looking to recoup the £80million he has supposedly put into his poor excuse for a football club as soon as he can. If, as it seems to be, that this is the case I can''t see him coughing up another £30- £50m a la Tony Fernandes. And even if he does, it is no guarantee that they wouldn''t get embarrassed every week by teams with managers that are far more tactically aware than McCarthy (like a certain Scottish manager I know of).

Just seen the stat that David Nugent has played against the Binners 14 times in his career, and scored in EVERY game against them (total of 15 goals).

Does anyone know of any comparable stat in the football World, as that is superb!

I''ve never liked Nugent, but have now revised my opinion based on that new information!

Re what Bury said, I don''t see how it follows that they''d be bank-rolled big-time if they went up - they were scrimping around in the summer like paupers, and last season made a huge thing about how their team cost nothing: surely the owner would do a Bournemouth and get them the players to get out if the division if that was what he really wanted?

Apart from an early season win against Burnley, and a home draw with Birmingham, ITFC have lost to most of their rivals, form which will see them finish outside the play-offs this season.

It would seem that Evan''s is now publicly saying that he was misled when he bought into the club and the chances of him stumping up more money seem slight. Many more years in the Championship is the best they can hope for, so it is no wonder their attendances are so low.

Last year really was their best chance for the foreseeable future, but let us not dismiss their decline; there are things we can learn from their plight. I believe that we have been better managed - especially at the level above manager, but I think it will be many years before we can say how much of our success has been down to luck.