Sign in to follow this  
Canary99

Team for today

Just wanted to know how everyone thinks we should line up today. The main debate will probably be about the lone striker role, despite grabban getting a goal last week I still don''t rate him as our best striker. Personally, I''d go for Mbokani.

Tricky to say because Mbokani couldn''t have given the performance that Grabban did against Arsenal.

This match is such a different proposition from Arsenal that there are bound to be a few surprises. I expect the back five to remain unchanged & Brady & Tettey & Howson to feature after that it''s names out of a hat.

Would be surprised if Grabban does not play.  He was given the shirt last week, he scored and did the job.  Let him start and Jerome/Mbookani can be the ones to come on as sub to fight for their place again.  Vadis also looked ok when he came on and I would like to see him start too.  Really difficult to know who will make up the team though, because those that didn''t play last week are up against the players that did play and put up such a good performance.   Good players all over the squad, all proving they have a part to play.  Just how it should be.           

I think I''ve solved the problem;

Ruddy

Wisdom Benno Bassong Olsson

Tettey

Howson Brady

Jerome Grabban Mbokani

Done!

Canary99 wrote the following post at 05/12/2015 8:54 AM:

But do you honestly think Grabban is our best striker?

Well Redmond is our top goal scorer followed by Russ, in the light of that its not easy to say who our best striker is!

None of them look like getting 15 goals this season.

I recon Grabban and Mkobani are a bit better finishers at the moment, Jeromes'' overall contribution to a team performance is probably the best of the three. Laffs has not done enough to impress the manager so pick the bones out of that.

Instinct would say to me that Lewis, who hasn''t had a top level match for some time, scored a good strikers goal on Sunday and is bound to start. We''ll soon find out.

Ruddy

Wisdom Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey O''Neil

Howson Wes Brady

Grabban

Dorrans, Mulumbu, Martin, Odjidja, Mbokani, Jerome, Redmond