Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Sanchez on the Ironing Board

When we were kids my mum had a sure fire way of dealing with my brother if he misbehaved. She would sit him on the ironing board. He was so scared of falling off that after crying and waving his arms about for a while he would quieten down and behave.

When Sanchez was having his hissy fit and waving his gloves around and refusing to move after Bennett nudged him into the TV camera it just brought all those childhood memories flooding back.

And to think that Wenger goes on about how Sanchez is a tough South American street fighter.

Had the ref not just screwed us out of a penalty for that tackle on Hoolahan moments before, Bennett could''ve gotten a red card for that shove. Who''s the genius that decided to dig large pits at the edge of the playing area, anyways? It seems needlessly dangerous.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/alexis-sanchez-could-have-been-killed-says-arsene-wenger-amid-arsenal-injury-crisis-a6761031.html

Looks like Mr Arse agrees with you!

I know that some people have the opinion that we should support Norwich players blindly and through all adverse conditions, but what Bennett did (if deliberate) was bloody stupid. I know he said on twitter afterwards that it was an accident and I''m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, but if someone shoved someone else into a large concrete pit deliberate in the street it would be viewed as serious assault.

Giving Sanchez a little push is no real crime, it was unfortuate that there was a pit in front of him to fall into.  Bennett was just giving him a little shove and probably had given no thought to where Sanchez would end up.  It made for quite an enjoyable moment though.  

By saying what he did about the incident I just think Wenger is trying to deflect some of the heat he''s getting about Arsenal''s injury problems.

The camera pit incident happened in the 41st minute. Sanchez pulled his hamstring in the 59th minute. To try and link the two as Wenger has done is just desperate nonsense.

Sanchez could have died[:(][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/12289508_10153345885724016_6083822643909584939_n_zpstmkac9ma.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/12289508_10153345885724016_6083822643909584939_n_zpstmkac9ma.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It was stupid of Benno and whilst I doubt he intentionally pushed him in there he did inevitably push him.

Wengers response about him almost dying is a bit of a joke though. I think the design of having the pits so close to the pitch is a little silly but more often than not they aren''t an issue so go unnoticed.

I can''t remember for sure, but I think it was a pre-season game abroad somewhere - we played on a pitch where the was a solid concrete wall about hip high just behind the goal running the full width of the pitch. Wouldn''t like to be battling to get a cross in off-balance at full speed too often if I played there!

Ryan Bennett tweeted that he was simply trying to stop & I believe him. If it was a slight shove, it was certainly no less than Duncan Forbes might have done years ago.

I didn''t realise Wenger thought his man could have died; did he explain how? Barring a freak blow to Sanchez''s head the French boss must have a fearful imagination.

Loved your story re the ironing board Thirsty Lizard, made me smile.

Re Ryan, yes he pushed him but a bit of an over reaction from Whinging Wenger as usual