Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

It's not the manager

I wish people wouldn''t blame poor Alex Neil. Without the quality what is the man meant to do? He has finally worked miracles for us to be competing at all.

The bottom line is that we were miserly in the last window and showed zero ambition financially. That left us with an attack and defence suitable for the championship and a midfield just about good enough to hold its own at this level.

It''s all been said enough times. We all accept a CB should have come in and that the purse strings were not opened. So let''s not turn on AN; history shows you HAVE to spend to survive in this league. We didn''t. That is why we are struggling.

Meant to add. This makes it a board failure not a player or manager failure. Players are just not up to it. Manager has little options to improve the team. Unless January is the best window in years then, alas, I predict we will miss out on the massive rise in revenue coming in and may fail to rise again for quite some time. It is the lack of ambition in the summer that makes days like today hard to swallow

Spot on. I think given the proper backing in the window then we are sitting comfortably mid table now