Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

So on to next week...

Well we''re not quite in the bottom 3 yet at least, something needs to change or we soon will be though. IMO, 2 wins needed in the next 4, end the first half of the season on 19 points, half the job done.

Here''s my 2p on our starting 11:

Rudd

Wisdom

Bennett

Bassong

Olsson

Redmond

Mulumbu

Vadis

Brady

Hoolahan

Mbokani

I feel our back four isn''t perfect but thats as good as it gets for us.

Rudd was strong today and deserves a decent run in the side.

Dorrans and Howson were anonymous and need dropping ASAP, time for Vadis to step up and actually start a game. Mulumbus omission today baffled me.

Grabban is not good enough and should have been sold in summer in my book. Mbokani once again gave our attack some semblance of a dimension today and remains our only remotely effective forward so he gets the nod. Brady and Redmond actually have something to aim for now. Tempted to go Jerome instead of Wes and go for the direct approach but not sure Jerome quite cuts it for all his endeavor.

We need to start off strong and stop handing the game straight to the opposition. Our players the last couple of weeks have shown too much respect to the opposition and we seem to be waiting for them to make the first move before growing into the game ourselves.

I would agree with much of that, although I would add that O''Neil was very unlucky to be dropped after last week. He is a good captain, he reads the game well and adds experience and guts. I''m not sure Redmond deserves to start at the moment.

I''d be interested to see how Vadis performs if he was given a starting place. At the moment he must be worth a place ahead of Dorrans or Howson surely. I''m also puzzled Mulumbu has been left out after playing well.