Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Watford v Norwich match thread*****

Good afternoon everyone.

Seeing Rudd in goal has added to the interest for me. I''d love to see him do well in very difficult conditions.

I think it''s good for Ruddy too.

I hope we play as we have been lately and not underestimate familiar opposition.

Good luck Declan and City.

Not a lot going on. Nobody seems to want to take hold of the game. Desmond not helping.

Awful from tettey but I think he actually got the ball in the challenge. Maybe we may show some attacking intent now

Tettey should have got a red card.

Alex should take him off now because he''ll get a second yellow for anything.

I thought the pass to him was wrong, a bit like the one to Ruddy last week which led to a goal.

For me Tettey gets too many cards. I''d prefer Mulumbu.

What the hell is the game plan here? We are offering nothing going forwards

On what basis should tettey have got a red? He clearly took the ball. Was a fantastic tackle, never a fooking pen.

His fault for giving ball away initially though, that was pi55 poor.

Missing o neil imo.

I''m not sure that''s why Tettey was put back into the side!

[quote user="Herman "]Fucks sake. The curse of Jas[:@][/quote]i wasn''t even here!!!!I am now!we are riding our luck.. 2nd goal wasn''t offside. there’s a few of them who need a massive size 10 up the arris at half time

This is dire from us. We are offering nothing and our ball retention is poor. Even with a heavy upheavl Watford look a way more settled side than us. A long way away from the two 3-0 bumpings we gave them last season.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Herman "]Fucks sake. The curse of Jas[:@][/quote]i wasn''t even here!!!!I am now!we are riding our luck.. 2nd goal wasn''t offside. there’s a few of them who need a massive size 10 up the arris at half time[/quote][:D]Agree with this completely.

We are really riding our luck and Tettey didn''t win the ball, he is a lucky boy. I really don''t want to see us going down to 10.

We are playing the ball about at the back which worked well at West Ham but since then sides press us, hence the Tettey error.

For me, we need to go two up front and in these conditions play more long balls forwards.

This is pathetic. 3 changes needed at half time and a change of mentality. This is like watching a hughton team

Well this is turning out to be a horrific day for us! What the hell is that team selection anyway? Where is Mulumbu and where is Mbokani? Grabban gets one goal after months of being rubbish and suddenly he''s the best thing since sliced bread? Still wish we''d sold him when we could have.

both our captain and vice Captain are not on the pitch...where are the leaders? dare I say it it needs a Russ Martin out there..

That was a poor first half. I am hoping it is just the poor conditions that is making us look so uninvolved. Come on City!!!

It''s very Hughton-esque. Except we are trying to play a counterattacking game on a team that are great at that themselves, and we aren''t attacking anyway. Right now we are literally making up the numbers on the field and that''s it. Huge improvement and changes needed in the second half. We found easily be 3-0 down

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]It''s very Hughton-esque. Except we are trying to play a counterattacking game on a team that are great at that themselves, and we aren''t attacking anyway. Right now we are literally making up the numbers on the field and that''s it. Huge improvement and changes needed in the second half. We found easily be 3-0 down[/quote]they''ve said on the stream that the long ball is working for us and Watford are missing or making mistakes when we try it... do we get Mbokani on and play for his head?