Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Watford v Norwich match thread*****

Team......Rudd; Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson; Redmond, Tettey (c), Dorrans, Brady; Howson; Grabban.Subs..... Ruddy (GK), Martin, Mbokani, Jerome, Mulumbu, O''Neil, Odjidja

Brave Alex Neil. Well done on making a big decision. Best of luck Declan.

Some people on here need to be careful what they wish for. Good luck Dec.

Am pretty happy with that line up. Good to see we are going for it with good pace in the forward areas. Will be interesting to see how Rudd does would have felt more confident with Ruddy but is a great opportunity for him to step up and stake a claim for the No 1 spot.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Don''t rate rudd djc?[/quote]

Rudd is a decent lad with potential, but then so was Joe Lewis!! People on here for weeks have been unfairly demanding we should just drop Ruddy for Rudd. Today Rudd gets his chance, for what true reason we dont know. Perhaps Ruddy is injured, or being rested ahead of his old club Everton next week, perhaps Rudd is going in the shop window, perhaps Ruddy is off in January. So many unknowns. Just hope AN hasnt just done it due to pinkun pressure !!

Big call from Alex to drop Ruddy but ''''In Alex we trust''''

Hope young Declan has a great game today and that we bring all 3 pts home

Pinkun pressure! Lol......you really think Neil could care what posters think. Fans always have their views. It''s a big call.

And my call rightly or wrongly, Rudd or Ruddy, is 3 points today. Must score first though.

Agree Canary fan. Redmond needs to deliver today with his pace and control

Wes missing, supposedly with a knock.

Rudd with a chance to establish himself as no.1

R Martin kept out of the squad

Grabban starts after scoring last week

Well played AN for having the guts to try something new, let''s hope it pays off!

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Well hopefully we wont be seeing any long ball play this afternoon. Get the ball down the flanks and utilise the pace on offer.[/quote]I think the high winds will dictate play today. Any long balls will go straight to Rudd/Gomes.

djc wrote the following post at 05/12/2015 2:07 PM:

Some people on here need to be careful what they wish for. Good luck Dec.

Because opinions on a message board influence managers decisions over performance on the pitch?

Just continues what has been a great couple of weeks for our academy. Great to see one of our own putting on a PL shirt for the club. Good luck Declan.

djc - The day AN pays attention to anything written on here we''ll know the loonies have taken over the madhouse.

He''s made the decision as JR seems to have a blooper in him most weeks. Time to give the other lad a try; we need to find out if he''s capable at this level.

Happy for Rudd.

Not happy with Dorrans again getting the nod ahead of Mulumbu.

Seems like AN has decided Tettey and Mulumbu are too similar to play together, and that O''Neil/Dorrans are better partners for Tettey.

I find that a bit strange, but AN should know better than me.

Worried about Wes'' absence. He will be needed vs Everton next week

Good point Fuzz, Rudd needs to be tested at this level. Like Ruddy, but nobody should be above being dropped. Rudd deserves a chance.

Could be the tale of two ''keepers today.

What with young Rudd making a start and Gomes playing for the Hornets despite being carried off last week with what looked like a serious neck injury.

There have to be slight doubts surrounding both selections, but more so with Gomes I would hope.

All spiced up by very, very windy conditions.

putting Rudd in shows that every place is up for grabs and you have to play at the top of your game to stay there ,

now its up to Rudd to prove he is the No1 ,

I don''t think it helped with ruddy saying in his pinkun interview nobody has ever come up to me a said I was rubbish then making another mistake in the next game !

Ruddy''s distribution is much better than Rudd''s IMO, or he is at least a lot more confident with the ball at feet to play the short pass and build from the back. Seems a bit of a windy day to be launching the ball up and no one up there to win the long ball either. Perhaps Rudd will be instructed to keep it short.

Have to say I''m not feeling very confident with no Hoolahan as well!

Canaryking, Dec won''t let us down. If he wasn''t good enough he wouldn''t be our second choice keeper.

It''s only ever a good thing in my eyes; either Dec plays a blinder and keeps the position - or Ruddy now has to fight to win his position back by good performances!