Sign in to follow this  
king canary

It's beginning to feel a lot like...

...the Premier League season under Worthington.

Lack of investment in key areas? Check.

A team of hard working, likeable but essentially limited players? Check.

A struggle to balance defense and attack? Check.

I''ve got a lot of faith in AN but I think he''s been hamstrung by what happened in the summer. It was clear to anyone last season that our weak point was the back four so to have only bought in one defender over the summer was criminal.

Some serious investment is needed in January if we''re going to stay up. I''d say we''re quite lucky this season (as we were under Worthy) that there are some very bad teams in this division that we still have a decent chance of finishing above.

More worryingly was AN''s comments after the game that "theres nothing between the sides."

Either the man''s on drugs or in denial. All the NCFC fans I spoke to in the pub round the corner from Vicarage Road yesterday (the Oddfellows?) before and after the match think he''s got to go

Really? Can''t understand that at all. He''s a good manager, experiencing some growing pains who has been left with a poor squad after the summer.

He''s not the problem here- it''s the players.

Thetford, there wasn''t much between the sides to be honest. It was an absolutely atrocious game of football with very little quality. Our performance didn''t warrant anything but I don''t think Watford did much to earn a victory either - they didn''t have to.

As for a managerial change, if you want Neil gone then you are perhaps a better moron than I thought. He''s doing the best he can with the limited resources we have. Ultimately, we only spent £3 million net in the transfer window and if that''s how you propose to bridge the gap then you''ve got no hope.

king canary wrote the following post at 2015-12-06 1:08 PM:

Really? Can''t understand that at all. He''s a good manager, experiencing some growing pains who has been left with a poor squad after the summer.

He''s not the problem here- it''s the players.

Can''t disagree with that. You can''t make a silver lining from a pigs ear, and that is where lack of investment currently leaves AN.

And to be fear having been present at Watford, there wasn''t much between the sides, NCFC were very very poor, lacking (in some cases) motivation, creativity and quality which made Watford look good, although they do have quality in Deeney and Ighaloo who gave our defenders the runaround.

You can only work with what you have, and AN doesn''t have much IMO.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Neil is a dead man walking

Taxi for Neil.[/quote]

To be replaced, by, in your opinion, with reasons, who?

Bear in mind you cannot opt for Lambert.

Watford were not good. Had we played at anywhere near the level we were playing a few weeks ago we could easily have won that game. Unfortunately though Neil has undergone a crisis of confidence and the team selections and tactics are suffering at the moment.

We need to go back to what we do best and play positive, high energy, attacking football. If we take a couple of hiding then so be it. 3 point hauls are all that matter now for the rest of the season and we are not going to get many of those if we keep sitting deep and hoofing it.

I do feel his inexperience is starting to show with the team selections ,done well to get us up but out of his depth and needs more time in lower leagues to gain experience .

[quote user="Old Shuck"][quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Neil is a dead man walking

Taxi for Neil.[/quote]

To be replaced, by, in your opinion, with reasons, who?

Bear in mind you cannot opt for Lambert.[/quote]

Why on earth can''t I and I do!

[quote user="Jacko"]Thetford, there wasn''t much between the sides to be honest. It was an absolutely atrocious game of football with very little quality. Our performance didn''t warrant anything but I don''t think Watford did much to earn a victory either - they didn''t have to.

As for a managerial change, if you want Neil gone then you are perhaps a better moron than I thought. He''s doing the best he can with the limited resources we have. Ultimately, we only spent £3 million net in the transfer window and if that''s how you propose to bridge the gap then you''ve got no hope.[/quote]

Clearly you watched a completely different game to me. Neil''s comments after the game were so inaccurate it was offensive, to Watford and to Norwich fans. Watford were superior to us all over the pitch. The one player their fans fear (Hoolahan) wasn''t in the squad. The only other one (Redmond) is now so negative he might as well not be playing and was subbed at halt time.

Let''s not kid ourselves, we were dreadful. We have no chance of staying up unless Alex Neil starts learning from his mistakes - yesterday he made several, including starting with Rudd. Splitting up a back 5 who had played so well as a unit against Arsenal was just arrogant nonsense.

The Watford fans I spoke to afterwards said we were by far the worst team they had faced and that we played Scottish football. They weren''t gloating or superior, just giving what they saw as a fair assessment.

When I told them Brady had been by far our POS so far they laughed - he had a shocker; he was appalling. As was Bassong who clearly fouled Ighalo 3 times in the box, none of which were given, to add to the 5 times he let him through into one on one positions. Rudd did what was required of him well apart from kicking but had no control of his area and didn''t say a word. We were completely disorganised defensively.

Clueless, the whole team. Last year we outplayed Watford twice and had better players than them. This year they outplayed us and they have better players. Whether that is the Boards fault or Alex Neil''s no one but them will know.

But this team will be relegated.

We need a creative midfielder to compete with Wes (Howson? Don''t be ridiculous. He is a Championship player.)

a decent centre back to play with Bennett; a decent right back so we can get rid of Liverpool''s reserve and a striker who actually scores goals by creating them himself.

That lot will cost £30m. Will we spend it? You and I both know we won''t even if we can.

And the only way Neil will go is if he resigns because the Board won''t spend any money.

So I am already preparing for another season in the Champs.

Sgn superb post - spot on, agree with very word

Our current owners are happy to play in the Champs and unless they move on we will not have the internal investment to remain in the Prem even if we get promoted again

The problem is the majority of people on this board are in love with the current owners so there will never be a rational discussion on what could happen in the club changed hands

All I would say is - how many clubs in 6the Prem survive without internal funding ?

Plus, nothing will be gained by getting rid of AN, we need o stick with him no matter what the outcome is

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]More worryingly was AN''s comments after the game that "theres nothing between the sides."

Either the man''s on drugs or in denial. All the NCFC fans I spoke to in the pub round the corner from Vicarage Road yesterday (the Oddfellows?) before and after the match think he''s got to go[/quote]That must be the name of the people in the pub, right ?Who would seriously consider ditching AN on the basis of two or three duff showings ?

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Sgn superb post - spot on, agree with very word

Our current owners are happy to play in the Champs and unless they move on we will not have the internal investment to remain in the Prem even if we get promoted again

The problem is the majority of people on this board are in love with the current owners so there will never be a rational discussion on what could happen in the club changed hands

All I would say is - how many clubs in 6the Prem survive without internal funding ?

Plus, nothing will be gained by getting rid of AN, we need o stick with him no matter what the outcome is[/quote]That is hilariously the opposite of the truth. It is one of the most frequently discussed topics here. There is a 15-page thread "Investment" on page two which covers the subject and it also crops up in Ricardo''s report on the AGM on this page.

Get your facts straight Lessingham canary Lambert was booted out by certain members of the board.

Purple - the first Delia supporter to raise his head shouting anyone down who claims the current owners should move on

You and your biased mates can have as many 15 page Investment threads as like but, while the Suffolk 2 retain just over 50% ownership of our club and only invest £1.5M, with no intention of moving on we are going no where. As you are well aware

All the clap trap posted about other Board members and twitter feeds is also laughable as the make up of the Board ensures the Suffolk 2 always have a majority

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]More worryingly was AN''s comments after the game that "theres nothing between the sides."

Either the man''s on drugs or in denial. All the NCFC fans I spoke to in the pub round the corner from Vicarage Road yesterday (the Oddfellows?) before and after the match think he''s got to go[/quote]
1) You didn''t go to the game
2) You''re therefore lying about the rest too.

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Purple - the first Delia supporter to raise his head shouting anyone down who claims the current owners should move on

You and your biased mates can have as many 15 page Investment threads as like but, while the Suffolk 2 retain just over 50% ownership of our club and only invest £1.5M, with no intention of moving on we are going no where. As you are well aware

All the clap trap posted about other Board members and twitter feeds is also laughable as the make up of the Board ensures the Suffolk 2 always have a majority[/quote]
You''re an idiot. And i''m being incredibly polite.

Re: It''s beginning to feel a lot like...

Gunthorpe wrote:

Purple - the first Delia supporter to raise his head shouting anyone down who claims the current owners should move on You and your biased mates can have as many 15 page Investment threads as like but, while the Suffolk 2 retain just over 50% ownership of our club and only invest £1.5M, with no intention of moving on we are going no where. As you are well aware All the clap trap posted about other Board members and twitter feeds is also laughable as the make up of the Board ensures the Suffolk 2 always have a majority

You''re an idiot. And i''m being incredibly polite

Ok Hog - another out of the woodwork - sorry if I have upset you but I only deal in facts

What have I said that is not factually correct please ?

gitto wrote the following post at 06/12/2015 2:57 PM:

Get your facts straight Lessingham canary Lambert was booted out by certain members of the board.

Gittoi where did you get this from

I heard he walked because the Board decided to pay off debt rather than give him £10M to invest

What a mistake that was on our part

He could not have been kicked out because we paid him compo to keep quiet

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Re: It''s beginning to feel a lot like...

Gunthorpe wrote:

Purple - the first Delia supporter to raise his head shouting anyone down who claims the current owners should move on You and your biased mates can have as many 15 page Investment threads as like but, while the Suffolk 2 retain just over 50% ownership of our club and only invest £1.5M, with no intention of moving on we are going no where. As you are well aware All the clap trap posted about other Board members and twitter feeds is also laughable as the make up of the Board ensures the Suffolk 2 always have a majority

Ok Hog - another out of the woodwork - sorry if I have upset you but I only deal in facts

What have I said that is not factually correct please ?[/quote]

Jesus, Newton''s back. We got a full house on here today.Is this bit factually correct? What time frame are you basing this on?

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Re: It''s beginning to feel a lot like...

Gunthorpe wrote:

What have I said that is not factually correct please ?[/quote]
Look, you know I like you Newton you''re a good laugh every now and again. But your £1.5M figure seems somewhat plucked out of the air.

Either the man''s on drugs or in denial. All the NCFC fans I spoke to in the pub round the corner from Vicarage Road yesterday (the Oddfellows?) before and after the match think he''s got to go[/quote]

I was there you didnt ask me ? Why before the game were people singing Alex Neil''s green and yellow army ? Sure you are not speaking with fork tongue ?

Worthington blew it because he got rid of Malky Mackay and Edworthy got in crap players Helveg and Charlton to replace them. And he didn''t get Ashton in till January.

Sgncfc is spot on with his comments on page 1 in this thread. Infact it''s something I would gladly have written myself ;)

But, as so often seen with brilliant pieces of writeups in this forum, the deluded, here in the form of Hogesar, does his best to pollute the thread with his usual nonsense. We''re waiting for Bor and Morty to show up, so "the deluded 3" are once again joined in deluded harmony.

If he walked he would not have planned to counter sue and he said that the Norwich fans probably didn''t know the full truth when quizzed about adverse reaction from City fans. He was told his services were not required anymore Gunthorpe. But then people believe alot of things are conspiracy theories these days, but some things are nearer the truth than people want to believe.

[quote user="grefstad"]Sgncfc is spot on with his comments on page 1 in this thread. Infact it''s something I would gladly have written myself ;)

But, as so often seen with brilliant pieces of writeups in this forum, the deluded, here in the form of Hogesar, does his best to pollute the thread with his usual nonsense. We''re waiting for Bor and Morty to show up, so "the deluded 3" are once again joined in deluded harmony.[/quote]
Do you have a drinking problem?

I met the Hogmeister on the way to Fulham away a few years back.

Happy to be on "Team Deluded" if the alternative is "Team Pass the Razor Blades while I yell I TOLD YOU SO".

My expectations are we finish 15th.

We are on course to achieve that.

And you''re about as Norwegian as Nigel Farage. Why do the biggest mouths always need the biggest disguises?

[quote user="Bor"]I met the Hogmeister on the way to Fulham away a few years back. [/quote]
Oh yeah. Hughton''s first game wasn''t it? Probably best to not talk about it too much or i''ll start having flashbacks and i''ll end up in the same razor-blade club as Greffy.