Sign in to follow this  
Super-Spidy

Disgrace and don't Understand

Lewis Grabban is not a Premier League player because he not good enough, I don''t understand why he started him and not Jermone or Mbokani, Grabban did nothing he too weak, despite he scored against Arsenal last Sunday but he not up for it in the Premier League.Dropped Gary O''Neil is a joke because he very good and a captain the last 3 matches and I don''t understand why Alex Neil didn''t play him.Why was Nathan Remond sub at half time and put Jonny Howson on the wing is a disgrace and Kyle Lafferty should be on sub or play instead of Grabban.Kyle Lafferty is a Northern Ireland International player and he score lots of goals for Nothern Ireland in Euro 2016 Qualifying and help Northern Ireland to get to France for next summer Euro 2016.Lewis Grabban is worthless, Alex Neil is mad not to pick Lafferty and not dropped Grabban.

For the first time in a very long time boos were coming from the Norwich fans as Grabban left the field having been subbed and it was not because of the decision, it was purely and simply he had put in a gutless performance.He looked totally disinterested throughout and made little effort. Yes it was a bad day at the office for several others but with Mbokani and Jerome on the bench if AN sees Grabban as the answer i am sorry but i do not want to know the question.His sulk at Rotherham let his team mates down, the fans down and the club down but today he let the shirt down.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]For the first time in a very long time boos were coming from the Norwich fans as Grabban left the field having been subbed [/quote]

You see, this is what I just don''t understand.  So Grabban didn''t have a good game, but from what I saw, no-one had a particularly good game, from front to back.  Maybe Olsson looked up to the job, but apart from that.....   Whether people booed Grabban because of his poor performance or whether they just don''t like him because of his walk out - AN picked him - and if you boo Grabban you are booing the manager.    What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact.    I don''t care what people think of Grabban, he is a Norwich player and you don''t boo your own players.  It''s ridiculous the way fans behave like spoiled children.  For once and for all the players and the manager need support in difficult conditions.  If our fans were a bit more forgiving and a bit more positive when things get tough as they were yesterday, the players might just benefit from it.

"It''s ridiculous the way fans behave like spoiled children."
I quite agree.
It makes you ask who they are supporting exactly.  The team?  Not if they are booing.  The manager?  No, as he picks the team.  The "club"? Surely that is being represented by the team and manager.
I look forward to the day when people spend money to go to the theatre and start booing because they don''t like the way the play is going.

Whilst I didn''t boo on this occasion I was sorely tempted. He clearly doesn''t want to be at the club so why play him.

It is clear Neil doesn''t have a clue what his best side is nor how to get the best out of them

A championship manager at best employed by a lower league board of directors

[quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.[/quote]Because he was imo a negative influence - or was allowed to be a negative influence - on team play.

Was extremely disappointing to hear the boo''s for Grabban, as long he wears a norwich shirt i would not boo him, the worst part is so called supporters booing him as players were warming up at shooting practice, before the match even started, simply wrong on so many levels, IMO.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he doesn''t play for us again, but as LDC said too many players went missing yesterday, could not pick up at team mate with a pass but didn''t hear any boo''s for them, although Bassong has had some stick on here.

If attend matches surely it is too support your team ?

[quote user="Bor"]"It''s ridiculous the way fans behave like spoiled children."
I quite agree.
It makes you ask who they are supporting exactly.  The team?  Not if they are booing.  The manager?  No, as he picks the team.  The "club"? Surely that is being represented by the team and manager.
I look forward to the day when people spend money to go to the theatre and start booing because they don''t like the way the play is going.
[/quote]To be fair they do on occasion but it does have to be pretty bad.A bit like yesterday at Watford perhaps ? Those that were there spent a fair chunk to watch their team at Vicarage Rd. Had I done so I would have been sorely tempted to boo too but like many on here I took the easy/cheap option and watched in front of a screen instead.Somehow watching 90 mins of dross on a screen doesn''t register quite the same on the '' boo-o''meter '' as it does when braving an expensive day out in a howling gale.

I get the impression that our Lewis thinks he''s better than he is.

Let''s hope Bournemouth carry on thinking that way.

£6m. yummy.

His inclusion in their starters could well be detrimental.

Having said that, Howe knows exactly what he is up to and he clearly sees ''horses for courses.''

BUT, 6m is potentially far more valuable to us than a (disgruntled) striker who rarely troubles the score-sheet..

Not bothered who we sell him to. He''s not PL standard is he?

In his defence I must ask does booing Grabban in the warm up and some quite clearly calling him a useless t++t form some kind of new motivation towards our players before a match ? Must say like many players subjected to this before would you want to give sweat and blood for those same supporters.

I appreciate why if he does not want to be here he should not be playing but with a tinge of sadness some of us need to look at ourselves if we want to demotivate players before KO. The reason we are struggling in part at the moment is confidence and if you feel aiming it at 1 player does not effect the whole team i think you are sadly mistaken.

Booing him before the match is disgusting. At the very least it''s a distraction before you play. Most likely though it would make you go fuck this why would I want to to put effort in for these idiots. He manned up, apologised, earned his opportunity to play again and played well against Arsenal and then gets that treatment. That behaviour coming from your own fans is only going to have a negative effect. It means we now have a good player who is demotivated, a player who last season, when he led the line we played our best football with. I remember loads on here giving up on automatic promotion when he got injured because the general consensus was that Jerome didn''t offer as much to the team. Short memories hey.

Play well against Arsenal?????? What game did you watch. He scored a tap in from two yards. and otherwise was anonymous like yesterday.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.[/quote]Because he was imo a negative influence - or was allowed to be a negative influence - on team play.

[/quote]Snodgrass a negative influence you say Lakey ? So walking out on your team mates leaving us with no recognised striker for game and letting 1029 Norwich fans down who travelled on a Tuesday night and more importantly against the managers orders is not being a negative influence ? Yeah righto whatever.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.[/quote]Because he was imo a negative influence - or was allowed to be a negative influence - on team play.

[/quote]Snodgrass a negative influence you say Lakey ? So walking out on your team mates leaving us with no recognised striker for game and letting 1029 Norwich fans down who travelled on a Tuesday night and more importantly against the managers orders is not being a negative influence ? Yeah righto whatever.[/quote]
I actually agreed with Lakey''s first post but as seen above he''s done his usual contradicting-himself / double standards thing.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.[/quote]Because he was imo a negative influence - or was allowed to be a negative influence - on team play. [/quote]Snodgrass a negative influence you say Lakey ? So walking out on your team mates leaving us with no recognised striker for game and letting 1029 Norwich fans down who travelled on a Tuesday night and more importantly against the managers orders is not being a negative influence ? Yeah righto whatever.[/quote]

The incident was dealt with, finished with and Grabban rehabilitated.  The only negativity surrounding Grabban comes from the fans who continue to harrass him.   Snodgrass, who always put in a lot of effort, was only negative in the sense that his hogging the ball stopped others from contributing so much. His record was try hard, score the occasional goal, the rest of the time run into brick walls and put in dolly drop crosses way too late.

Just to add that the person you were slating before the game really would be seen as Alex Neill as he made the decision to play Grabban.

This negativity will of course mean AN considering his position at the first opportunity. Lose AN and we are back to square one.

[quote user="Well b back"]Just to add that the person you were slating before the game really would be seen as Alex Neill as he made the decision to play Grabban.

This negativity will of course mean AN considering his position at the first opportunity. Lose AN and we are back to square one.[/quote]Where have i said i was slating him before the game ? As the game was going on it was clear that sections of the support were becoming more and more frustrated by Grabban''s body language and his apparent lack of effort to chase down and run the channels. The boos were the first i have heard directed at a player in a long,long time. If you seriously think AN will walk because fans do not agree with his views on Grabban''s ability i think you are mistaken in the extreme.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.[/quote]Because he was imo a negative influence - or was allowed to be a negative influence - on team play.[/quote]You were talking about negative fans Lakey. When I pointed out YOUR negativity towards an individual player you immediately switched your negative attention to that player. Wise words from Hogesar.......[quote user="hogesar"]I actually agreed with Lakey''s first post but as

seen above he''s done his usual contradicting-himself / double standards

thing.[/quote]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What does it take to get throught to people that being negative does no good at all - quite the opposite in fact...[/quote]Unless of course we''re talking about players like Robert Snodgrass - then the rules change.[/quote]Because he was imo a negative influence - or was allowed to be a negative influence - on team play.[/quote]You were talking about negative fans Lakey. When I pointed out YOUR negativity towards an individual player you immediately switched your negative attention to that player. Wise words from Hogesar.......[quote user="hogesar"]I actually agreed with Lakey''s first post but as

seen above he''s done his usual contradicting-himself / double standards

thing.[/quote][/quote]

What rubbish.  We can all criticise players.  The issue here is whether we vocally rubbish a player while he is warming up or when he is subbed. I may have views about Snodgrass''s effectiveness as a player,  but never have booed him and would always want to see him improve.   The kind of destructive negativity that is shown by some of our fans is football supporting treason at it''s worst.

[quote user="lake district canary"]What rubbish.  We can all criticise players.  The issue here is whether we vocally rubbish a player while he is warming up or when he is subbed. I may have views about Snodgrass''s effectiveness as a player,  but never have booed him and would always want to see him improve.   The kind of destructive negativity that is shown by some of our fans is football supporting treason at it''s worst.[/quote]LAKEY''S LAW.....It''s ok to go on and on and on spouting negativity about one particular player but if anyone takes it any further and actually lambasts the player it''s not ok even though the seed has been sown. [:S]

The fact is that Grabban for some reason seems to be in favour with AN similar to the Howson situation. Always defending Howson over Redmond stating how he defends the full back. Seems if that is the case then replace the fullback.

We need to go back to trying to win games by attacking teams as at the seasons start, the games we lost were unfortunate as we were by far the better team in most games we lost.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]What rubbish.  We can all criticise players.  The issue here is whether we vocally rubbish a player while he is warming up or when he is subbed. I may have views about Snodgrass''s effectiveness as a player,  but never have booed him and would always want to see him improve.   The kind of destructive negativity that is shown by some of our fans is football supporting treason at it''s worst.[/quote]

LAKEY''S LAW.....It''s ok to go on and on and on spouting negativity about one particular player but if anyone takes it any further and actually lambasts the player it''s not ok even though the seed has been sown. [:S][/quote]

Call it what you like. Like I said, ok to critcise, not ok to boo or abuse a player just before a match. Simple. 

TIL1010''s analysis of the Grabban situation, the apparent lack of effort yesterday, and our crowd''s reaction on his substitution, is an entirely fair reflection of the majority feeling of our away support yesterday. Certainly, our worst performance of the season and bringing back memories of the away horrors under Hughton, such as at Wigan or Swansea. It was ''hoofball'' befitting of our neighbours. Enough said.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]TIL1010''s analysis of the Grabban situation, the apparent lack of effort yesterday, and our crowd''s reaction on his substitution, is an entirely fair reflection of the majority feeling of our away support yesterday. Certainly, our worst performance of the season and bringing back memories of the away horrors under Hughton, such as at Wigan or Swansea. It was ''hoofball'' befitting of our neighbours. Enough said.[/quote]Hang on a mo and i am sure Lakey will be along shortly with a lecture for us fans who went yesterday.