Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Redmond Lacks Pace

I always hear how we need to use Redmond''s pace etc a bit more, but every time I watch him he always looks a little on the slow side to me.  When does he ever burn a player up like Hucks, Bellamy or Eadie used to?  The amount of times he''s in a one on one sprint out and he has to cut back inside or stop because he hasn''t got the next gear to go past the player is virtually all the time.

I honestly think this is what prevents him from being a top player.

Or is he lacking confidence? He doesn''t seem to want to take on opponents.

Is he unhappy at CR, or does he not like the team shapes or strategies, or the defensive role he is called on to fulfil?

Wow, some people think he''s shit?!! He runs with the ball and is tricky, doesn''t have the strength for huckerby like after burning.

But wow..... he''s shit? He''s one our most talented players, maybe needs to become more tactically aware though. But to call him shit is just... Well, words fail me.

Or maybe he was marked out of the game?

From my viewing he had to keep coming centrally to try and get into the game.

Redmond plays best when in front of Whittaker. Them two link up the best on the right hand side. Fact.

Redmond plays best when in front of Whittaker. Them two link up the best on the right hand side. Fact.

Simple as, however Wisdom is better defender, so conundrum ! play Wisdom and leave Redmond out or................

Redmond has pace, but only over short distances (say ten yards). most fans dont seem to realise this so when he picks the ball up on the half way line they expect him to run the length of the pitch. he cant do that. hes better at short bursts, so most dangerous on the edge of the 18 yard box.

I''m yet to see how Wisdom is better defensively or offensively than Whittaker. Just that Wisdom has had the benefit from being in a more defence minded approach than Whittaker.

Whittaker gives much more going forward and at the moment looks a bit hard done by.

He''s certainly not shit.  He looks like once he matures a bit he''d be better suited tot he number 10 role than as an out and out winger.  He''s very tricky and got a decent brain, but I certainly think he lacks a yard or two when trying to beat defenders down the line.  Just my opinion...

[quote user="NCFC198"]Redmond has pace, but only over short distances (say ten yards). most fans dont seem to realise this so when he picks the ball up on the half way line they expect him to run the length of the pitch. he cant do that. hes better at short bursts, so most dangerous on the edge of the 18 yard box.[/quote]

Exactly this ^^^