Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Derby in for grabban ?

For 6 million, I''d happily sell him to a club who is not a direct rival.

Our forward line needs an upgrade - with Grabs, Jerome and Lafferty failing to provide enough of a threat in the PL.

I somehow have a feeling that this rumour is not true.

@Barclay seats Can you really see Lafferty scoring 15 goals in the Prem? Even 5? (Although, to be fair, he did get 5 in the Swiss league...)

I would like to see him given a chance (especially considering our other strikers aren''t performing particularly well), however I honestly can''t see him being the answer to our problems. What exactly are you expecting?

Have a look through his career and tell me what you are basing the hype on.

Focusing on his city career, he''s scored 2 goals. He was unable to prove that he is good enough to get picked in front of any of our other strikers in the Championship, got played on the wing and eventually got sent out on loan. Did either of his goals for Caykur Rizespor particularly excite you?

Of course, people will highlight his impressive international form, but this is in a team where he is the focal point - the player the team is based around. The selections of the teams he scored against include the mighty Faroe Islands, Hungary, and the footballing superpowers that are Finland and Greece.

Again, I''m more than happy to see him given a chance and I think we could put in a shift, however I don''t see what people are basing this on - or why they are expecting some kind of goal scoring machine.

Alex Neil spends everyday watching him in training and judges the other strikers to be better than him/more equipped to win us a football game than KL.

My point was that our striking department (Jerome, Grabban, Lafferty, Hooper etc) needs upgrading. They are all decent Championship strikers (Jerome somewhere between prem and champ) but we need better than that if we aspire to achieve anything more than scraping by every season.

Laff struggle in Championship so he is not our answer for the problems we have in attack.

Simply if we keep play deep must added other type striker,more mobile and treat on counter.

Since we not added enough pts with this more defensive approach I believe very soon may be even this Weekend we will back to last year offensive one.