Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Debate is one thing, but.....

Now I''m all for healthy debate, even heated arguments, but when posts are allowed where I''ve been virtually accused of ''faking'' my recent heart attack, then I have to seriously question the need for these boards in my life.

Apart from the fact, that this awful suggestion from a posters was even allowed on here, it demonstrates just what a sick lot some of you posters are.

If this person is a true City supporter, then I''m shocked and hurt. Perhaps that was their aim, but lying in a hospital bed terrified that you''re dying, is not very pleasant. Then to read on here, that this person thinks I made it up, is not very pleasant either!.

And before anyone mentions Gary Holt, as soon as the facts became clear, I apologised to him on here!.

Now I know in the past I''ve joked about quitting these boards, In fact I''ve joked about a lot of things, but hell, I don''t need this. Surely there are boundaries?.

I thought we had moderators to control these sort of antics, well, it would appear not!.

I''m even doubtful this post will be allowed by them, but if Jean-Luc Picard wanted to drive me off these boards, then congratulations pal, I think you may have succeeded!.

Attention seeker am I?......yeah right!.

Best wishes to Nigel and the boys this season.

Goodbye 1st wizard      

[quote]Apologies, 1st Wiz - I''m now going to remove the post you refer to, and also your reply (otherwise it won''t make sense), but I''ll leave this up.Celia[/quote]

Many, many thanks Celia, I believe that''s the first time anyone''s really got to me on here!. Although its not YOU who should really be apologising here!.

I can assure you all, that it was no tantrum on my part, my all too real heart attack scared me rotten, and for this year at least, will stop me watching my beloved City ''live''. 

I have felt for a long, long while now, that I would like to kill off the 1st wizard for good, if only for my own health. Yes ''he'' does seem to stimulate debate, although sometimes it gets too lively for my own/his comfort.

If it wasn''t for a calm talk at lunchtime with Mrs Wiz, I believe I would have quit on these boards, I don''t need that kind of grief in my life. 

But I suppose the old pointy headed twit, will keep going on a bit longer, but I must modify him a bit.

Firstly: I/he quite likes Nigel Worthington, its true!. Apart from one or two bad substitutions last year, he''s a strong guy, who doesn''t embarrass the club, unlike some I could mention!. And given the time and money, he will do the job for us.

Secondly: I love our great club, warts and all. Yes, I don''t always agree with the board, Delia or manager, but my ''dicky ticker'' is still yellow and green through and through, and will always remain so.

Thirdly and Finally: I''m not a professional moaner as some of you seem to think. And today marks my support for Nigel, but not just for 10 games but all season. But even with that in mind, if I feel he''s made an error or two, I will say so, believe me, I will say so!.

Now, bring on the bloody championship. 

whiz, why should you leave?

you are a LEGEND no these boards, and i feel it is not you who should be leaving, but a certain newb called: Jean-Luc Picard.

I feel a petetion is in order to get this poster banned for such and offensive thing. Such things should not be even considered being posted on this board, this community.1st whiz is entitled to his opinion and thats that, and after his comments on holt he even apollogised, something that you would never Picard.

I fully agree with Whiz''s post, and shame on you Jean-Luc

I feel Jean-Luc Picard doesnt deserve to be on therese boards so here a petition to get him off the boards.
so here goes, i sign here, and hope you do the same.

AJ

Has it not occurred to you that JLP may not be a newbie after all? Even Wiz himself appears under a number of aliases (albeit with a giveaway post count). It wouldn''t have beyond the realms of science for an existing veteran poster to create a hotmail account from which he/she could post as JLP (Wiz included).

p.s. despite my opinions of wiz''s egocentric rants....it wasn''t me ...i wouldn''t question his honesty on such a personal matter.

JLP called me a dickweed on another thread... I''ve just written a relatively polite response, but now go onto this board to find he''s just being offensive to people!!  I''ve been out most of this weekend and haven''t really looked at the boards till now, and come back to find all this!

Its just not on, JLP! You''re sullying the good Captain''s name!

If I ever find you insulting people in a personal way on this board, then I''ll... I''ll... well I''ll get very angry, like I am now!!

Jean-Luc Picard - grow up!

Dickweed...

I can''t believe anyone would accuse anybody of faking a heart attack!! You have every right to be angry 1st Wiz - there''s no place for that kind of thing anywhere let alone on a board like this when we are all meant to be united in supporting the mighty Canaries not aiming insults at each other!! I hope you make a speedy recovery my friend and are back watching city live in the near future!!!

This is really out of order. What kind of people come on here and decide to be very disrespectful to other posters? Sure people can have there own point of view when we''re having a debate about something on these boards... but to make personal comments about people you don''t know is very very wrong. I hope this individual is being banned from using these boards.

That''s pretty poor, if there is one thing the Wizard is it''s honest - saying what he thinks and damn the consequence ....... To doubt his recent health problems is uncalled for and has no place on this board.

Perhaps this Jean Luc will be big enough, as the Wizard was with his Holt comment last year, to come on here and make an apology? Jean Luc we await your response?

[quote]Now I''m all for healthy debate, even heated arguments, but when posts are allowed where I''ve been virtually accused of ''faking'' my recent heart attack, then I have to seriously question the need for t...[/quote]

Is it my post that is being complained about??? I see it is not on the board!!

AJ - I assume your tongue is firmly in cheek (or possibly somewhere darker, damper, smellier, and with considerably less sunshine) when you discribe Wizard as a legend!!!!!

I dont know if it is a reflection of the negativity of some posts but on my browser the number in the replies column is a minus number. How can this be? How can you have minus three replies to a thread?

[quote]I dont know if it is a reflection of the negativity of some posts but on my browser the number in the replies column is a minus number. How can this be? How can you have minus three replies to a threa...[/quote]

It happens when posts have been deleted. I don''t know the details about those messages - Celia was in at the weekend.

[quote]That''s pretty poor, if there is one thing the Wizard is it''s honest - saying what he thinks and damn the consequence ....... To doubt his recent health problems is uncalled for and has no place on thi...[/quote]

Well, so far no response and i doubt he will come back.

To be honest, he deserves to be banned from this site. The least thing Jean Luc is, is a decent norwich football fan.

Although the temptation to brandish him a bin dwelling ippo supporter, i will keep my comments to myself, and not be offensive, if only other could be the same.

If jean luc is going to still be a member on this board, something is very badly wrong

[quote]Is it my post that is being complained about??? I see it is not on the board!! AJ - I assume your tongue is firmly in cheek (or possibly somewhere darker, damper, smellier, and with considerably less...[/quote]

excuse me ift,

firstly i am not gay

and secondly i find that offensive.

Obviously you dont respect whiz as much as i do. I respect him highly and look up to him on these boards, if you dont then fine but leave your snide and dirty comments elsewhere

[quote]Well, so far no response and i doubt he will come back. To be honest, he deserves to be banned from this site. The least thing Jean Luc is, is a decent norwich football fan. Although the temptation ...[/quote]

My sincerest thanks to those of you who have taken the trouble to write in on this.

For those in any doubt, I DID suffer a heart attack (Upper Left area of the heart) and was omitted to James Paget Hospital on 21/4/05 at 8.30am.

I was discharged some 6 days later (which is standard procedure if there are no complications) although I still see my heart consultant as an outpatient, again at James Paget.

Heart attacks are bloody scary!. So I really don''t want to be discussing this anymore.

Norwich and footy are far more important than my health issues anyway. I have already been told, I won''t be going to Carrow Road this year, and that''s bad enough!.

So, maybe we''ll just have to accept, that there are some unsavoury people about, and leave it at that.

But I am very grateful for your support nonetheless.

Now, come on you yellows!.     

[quote]excuse me ift, firstly i am not gay and secondly i find that offensive. Obviously you dont respect whiz as much as i do. I respect him highly and look up to him on these boards, if you dont then...[/quote]

Blimey AJ, I don''t think it IFT was being deliberately offensive... least I don''t think he is, else I''ll send his missus after him!

[quote]Blimey AJ, I don''t think it IFT was being deliberately offensive... least I don''t think he is, else I''ll send his missus after him![/quote]

I''m sorry Evil Monkey, especially as you were so supportive of me on this thread, But I too found IFT words to AJ, a tad insensitive and unkind. 

AJ didn''t ask for, or deserved that kind of reply. He was, IMO, quite right to complain.

There''s a bit too much of this going on just lately, please stop it peeps.

Anyway as I said EM, thanks for your very kind support, it is much appreciated, I can assure you.

[quote]excuse me ift, firstly i am not gay and secondly i find that offensive. Obviously you dont respect whiz as much as i do. I respect him highly and look up to him on these boards, if you dont then...[/quote]

Firstly - AJ I was not saying you were gay I was accusing you of being a brown noser, and creeping up to Wizard. But then I believe you are only a young lad, plenty of time to form your own opinions when you start shaving.

Secondly - As this is a democracy (apparently) I do respect Wizards opinions although I very rarely agree with them. I just find him to be far too negative, and a touch of the Vixtor Meldrew on his Norwich City outlook.

Evil Monkey - I shal see her at the weekend, I expect she shall unleash the fury then.

Damn.....just lost the game.

Have a good Day y''al!!!

First point: Wiz, i believe the guy who accused you of faking a heart attack is Jean Luc Picard.

Second point: Would everyone just calm down a bit and stop abusing each other. This is a messgae board with some brilliant views, and some crap views. But they are all INDIVIDUAL views, and that''s what counts.

If someone doesn''t like Wiz, fair enough. If others think he''s a legend, that''s their opinion. I think you will find it''s called freedom of choice. I happen to enjoy his posts, but this doesn''t mean i''m his biggest fan.

If you don''t have anything to offer this board in terms of views and opinions on NCFC, then go and find a board where your personal views are appreciated and you don''t start offending everyone left right and centre by your unnecessary abuse.

And for God''s sake, would some of you grow up.

[quote]Perhaps we should have a seperate forum for The Legend and his fan/fawn club for their ubiquitous posts about Him, Him and Himself ?[/quote]

Best idea you''ve ever had, Fillet me old son!     

I believe you all should be aware that Jean-Luc Picard has in fact today, sent me a private message with a full apology, which after some thought, I accept.

I would now deem it a huge favour, if you can now all forget this unhappy episode, plus, holding no grudges towards that poster, and get back to what we all do best, arguing about footy, yes?.

But, thanks peeps, for restoring my faith in people once again.

[quote]Right you are Wiz, case closed! It''ll be nowt but love and sunshine from now on...[/quote]

and fields of flowers, deanos goals, and the championship lifestyle hopefully followed by the return of premiership lifestyle!