Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Steven Naismith.

Looking at options in January according to BBC Sport.Said it was the Everton manager who didn''t want it to happen when we were in for him earlier in the season.Think he would do us a job if we got him in January.

When he was linked with us in the summer there was outrage on Twitter by some (who also said it was Russ''s fault as he told the manager to buy him) -then he scored a hatrick v Chelsea. Think he would be good for us.

Interviewed on sky and was non commital, although he did say that he felt part of the Everton squad but eventually he needs to be playing

I may be wrong, but he has always struck me as a player who blows hot

and cold, can be very good, but can be the opposite too often, hence the

reason he doesn''t play regularly for Everton. We have plenty of good players, we could do better imo.

With LDC on this one.

He could be good signing at the right price but when we have the likes of Howson, Dorrans, Mulumbu, VOO, what we really need in the middle imo is proven quality which will cost a few bob.

Obviously what we really need is to spend most of the money we have on defenders so Naismith could indeed be an option, we were indeed looking at him before the season started.

he is a proven premiership player so yes from me we will have to upgrade slowly as we cannot afford to go out and compete

I would have love walters here from stoke he would also would have upgraded the team any play that has been there and done it in the PL is better than we have

Good player and a goal scoring midfielder is always good, option for wessis no 10 role.

Can we buy as we can''t loan without returning wisdom or making Jarvis permanent. And if funds are limited should we buy a defender first?

I feel we have missed the boat with this one and the same for other players we were linked with.

I will be shocked if a player like Naismith would want to join a team in, or around bottom 3

Just a quick point of order here - my other half is an Evertonian, so I get to see quite a bit of Everton play.

Steven Naismith is a centre forward by trade - yes, Martinez tends to use him out wide quite a bit aloing with Kone, from where he is incredibly effective. He is a bit of Grant Holt type figure really - never likely to get you 25 goals a season, but the type of forward defenders hate to play against. A definite upgrade on Jerome, Grabban, Hooper, Lafferty etc etc. And as mentioned elsewhere, a real option to eiter lead the line, play wide, or fill in for Wes in the No 10 role when a bit more muscle is required.

Ta!

Absolutely Temp, I think he''s a definite upgrade on what we have - and he''s hard-working and aggressive. A good performance against Everton this week and a promise of more regular football may tempt him?

I''d say he''s the best of the bunch we could actually afford and who might want to come here - he said he was tempted in the summer.

Whether it''s as a lone striker, second striker, number 10 or even out wide, he''d be well worth the outlay. Defender is the first priority, obviously, but if we''re looking to freshen up our attacking options he could be a great signing.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Still think signing a striker who could actually score would be a better option but hell what do I know![/quote] if there was a striker available who guarantees goals would we be able to afford him and would they come ?? Any signing is a risk.

EVERTON STAR STEVEN NAISMITH PAYS FOR HUNDREDS OF CHRISTMAS LUNCHES FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE

NEWS

ANDREW BURNS DEC 9, 2015 SHARE ON PRINTSHARE ON EMAILSHARE ON STUMBLEUPONSHARE ON TWITTERMORE SHARING SERVICES

"It is both humbling and inspiring in equal measure to help those in desperate need."

Steven Naismith has once again sponsored Christmas lunches for homeless people in Glasgow and Liverpool.

The Everton and Scotland star was today at the Glasgow charity Loaves and Fishes, an organisation that helps the city’s homeless and also operates as food bank.

“I am privileged to have the opportunity to once again support the great work that Denis [Curran, chairmain of Loaves and Fishes] and his team of helpers do for people in need in Glasgow, giving them a hot meal, clothes, food parcels and probably most importantly, a warm welcome from people who care," Naismith said.

“Denis, his wife Cathy, and their volunteers do so much work to help those in desperate need. It is both humbling and inspiring in equal measure. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to speak to the people who come to Loaves and Fishes. Many of their stories make difficult listening, because of the severity of hardship they have endured.

Is Steven Naismith Britain''s kindest footballer? The Everton star talks football, charity - and befriending Sir Jackie Stewart

"This is something I look forward to every year. It''s the start of Christmas for me. It''s brilliant to come and get a banter with some great characters - they tell it is how it is, some saying I''m a good footballer and others that think the opposite - and I''m happy that I can help.

"It''s a very small gesture for me but I''m always told how much it means to them."

Naismith first started paying for the Christmas meals when he was at Glasgow Rangers. Fast-forward five years and Naismith still supports Loaves and Fishes, and has expanded this support to his adopted city - he moved to Everton in 2012 - at Liverpool’s Whitechapel Centre, for the past three years.

“We really appreciate Steven’s continued support and compassion," said Loaves and Fishes chairman Curran. "Apart from the money he has donated, the awareness he creates is priceless. The calls and donations we receive following these events are fantastic.

“Steven is a very special young man. The fact that he is not only continuing his support of Loaves and Fishes, but also building upon it by doing the same for the Whitechapel Centre in Liverpool says much about the type of man he is.

“Since he started helping us, Steven and his wife Moya now have a young family of their own with a two-year-old daughter and a new arrival early next year and yet he still finds time to show care and compassion for others living a very different life to his own.”

Be good news for Norfolks homeless if he signs as well !! Great gesture.

i think Naismith as no 10

with jon walters CF

ad them to brady LM javis RM

For quite a small transfer outlay that would be a strong forward line

Would be a very good signing, even at 29 yrs of age. 8 mill is the going rate, and I think he is worth it.

Needs to play off a big fellow though (Mbokani).

Would not be a good thing for Wes though, as there would not be a lot of places to accomodate Wes if Naismith is to be played as a support striker.

He has played a lot our wide for Everton though, so there could be options.

[quote user="grefstad"]Would be a very good signing, even at 29 yrs of age. 8 mill is the going rate, and I think he is worth it....... [/quote]Agree. He''s a 100% honest skilled grafter. Just the sort of player you need at the wrong end of the table. £8m might be a little top heavy but seems a pretty fair price for a player of his quality.As others have said we''re not going to get such players who are willing to come to Carrow Rd.Hope it goes through.