Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Alan Bowkett steps down

[quote user="cityangel"]Hate to spoil the conspiracy theories but he''s 65 next month so maybe he just wanted to spend more time with his family. He maybe agreed to stand at the AGM to give the club more time to find a suitable replacement??[/quote]CA for Chairperson...........................[;)]

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 07/12/2015 4:59 PM:

Sorry to see Bowkett go, he has always impressed me at AGM''s.

I can''t see anybody coming in with loads of cash. Why would you when somebody else has control?

Peak6 only took 25 % at Bounemouth.

Let''s hope there''s some money coming in that we can spend in January.[/quote]Anyone expecting a large Xmas present for the club is likely to be disappointed.

I''m going for this being the start of the exit strategy. D and M are not getting any younger, want to leave a legacy, and a deal has been struck to allow all parties to view each other in action at board level before any transfer of equity. Jan transfer window might be such a platform to see people operating. Sounds a bit like the Turners but they hit the financial buffers of 2007-08 had a massive fall out and all that followed .

I''m going for a consortium of wealthy chefs headed by Galton

You heard it here first.

It would be nice if someone with an interest in and a knowledge of football could be appointed. Not sure about Foulger, but it''s only really McNasty who seems to have an idea about football matters. This also might be a good opportunity to shift Stephen Fry off the board and into a presidential role.Our board needs everyone pulling in the same direction, no room for passengers or Johnny-come-latelies who are clueless about football.

Conspiracy theory: Bowkett withdrawing from the board due to not being able to agree upon the strategy for the upcoming transfer window. McNally wants to spend heavily, Bowkett wants it on the cheap, and the power struggle could only have one outcome...

The ironic thing is that our board is one of the most experienced football boards in the country. A proper football club. I''m afraid if we do become the plaything of one of those rich investors losing that experience will be part of the price.

Thanks for what you have helped to achieve with the club Mr Bowkett. No matter what some of the whingers say, we are in a far better place these days.[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The ironic thing is that our board is one of the most experienced football boards in the country. A proper football club. I''m afraid if we do become the plaything of one of those rich investors losing that experience will be part of the price.[/quote]

It´s true, but I think the experience is more focused towards the financial part of running a football club than the footballing side of it. This is perhaps natural for most boards of a football club, and I am reasonably happy with the ways things have been run, although I feel the board are a bit too afraid of taking calculated risks when there is a view to high gain (like this season).

[quote user="grefstad"]I feel the board are a bit too afraid of taking calculated risks when there is a view to high gain (like this season).[/quote]Leeds, Ipswich and Portsmouth are good examples of why they shouldn''t.......

The best way to analyse Bowketts impact is comparing the clubs progress against similar sized clubs Southampton Swansea Leicester during his chairmanship

Stand back and reflect Southampton were in the 3rd tier at the same time as us when he took over and look at the differing progress

I am afraid it''s a tail of mediocrity not an opinion a sad fact

Was this the guy who said Paul Lambert was the most demanding person he had ever met!!

That was why he was so successful here. Who would want a manager who was not demanding of his players, his staff, and the board.

So you think that SAF was not demanding?What want did they want a yes man....bet they had one with Gunn, and look how that turned out!

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]The best way to analyse Bowketts impact is comparing the clubs progress against similar sized clubs Southampton Swansea Leicester during his chairmanship

Stand back and reflect Southampton were in the 3rd tier at the same time as us when he took over and look at the differing progress

I am afraid it''s a tail of mediocrity not an opinion a sad fact[/quote]

They''ve all made the same progress as us and are playing in the top flight of English football.

Birmingham, Charlton, QPR, Derby, Leeds, Notts Forest, Middlesborough, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wed, Leeds of course, Portsmouth. What about these clubs? Surely similar in size.

A fairly convenient sample group on your part don''t you think?

But it would only be fair to measure against all similar clubs, not just those who happen to be doing better in the current window of time. But tthat wouldn''t suit a loaded agenda. I could probably find d a couple who are doing worse than Ipswich but that wouldn''t mean they''re doing well....

ricardo wrote the following post at 07/12/2015 5:43 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

ricardo wrote the following post at 07/12/2015 4:59 PM: Sorry to see Bowkett go, he has always impressed me at AGM''s. I can''t see anybody coming in with loads of cash. Why would you when somebody else has control? Peak6 only took 25 % at Bounemouth. Let''s hope there''s some money coming in that we can spend in January.

Anyone expecting a large Xmas present for the club is likely to be disappointed.

That goes without saying really, but well, you never know, it is Christmas after all!

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]The best way to analyse Bowketts impact is comparing the clubs progress against similar sized clubs Southampton Swansea Leicester during his chairmanship

I am afraid it''s a tail of mediocrity not an opinion a sad fact[/quote]Or, you could look at what state our club was before he came in.

Saw the slightly ominous-yet-guarded post on facebook about a ''board statement'' .

I thought "they haven''t!"

"they haven''t sacked a young manager after just one disappointing performance"

"surely they haven''t been so short sighted!!!"

And they haven''t. So that''s good.

Thanks Mr B. Enjoy whatever you do next.

[quote user="Vanwink"]ricardo wrote the following post at 07/12/2015 4:59 PM:

Sorry to see Bowkett go, he has always impressed me at AGM''s.

I can''t see anybody coming in with loads of cash. Why would you when somebody else has control?

Peak6 only took 25 % at Bounemouth.

Let''s hope there''s some money coming in that we can spend in January.[/quote]I doubt there is a great need for extra money for January. There are the several millions we tried but failed to spend in the summer plus the millions already put aside for next month plus my generous contribution for a three-year season ticket. As in the summer it is not going to be the money for transfers that is the problem but choosing good enough targets that are available and willing to sign for us at the wages we pay.

Obviously done a great job as part of our rebuilding from league one to seeing 4 recent premier league seasons.

Stephen Fry will be heading up a consortium which includes Alan Carr, Graham Norton and Julian Clary, (henceforth to be known as the Canary Clary). They are the front men for a Japanese feminist consortium.

On the bright side, the news will probably finish Wiz off.

[quote user="Bor"]Stephen Fry will be heading up a consortium which includes Alan Carr, Graham Norton and Julian Clary, (henceforth to be known as the Canary Clary). They are the front men for a Japanese feminist consortium.

On the bright side, the news will probably finish Wiz off.[/quote]Will the Board meetings be held at The Lollards Pit pub ? [;)]

[quote user="grefstad"]Conspiracy theory: Bowkett withdrawing from the board due to not being able to agree upon the strategy for the upcoming transfer window. McNally wants to spend heavily, Bowkett wants it on the cheap, and the power struggle could only have one outcome...[/quote]

Or the other way around grefstad??

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 07/12/2015 7:26 PM:

I doubt there is a great need for extra money for January. There are the several millions we tried but failed to spend in the summer plus the millions already put aside for next month plus my generous contribution for a three-year season ticket. As in the summer it is not going to be the money for transfers that is the problem but choosing good enough targets that are available and willing to sign for us at the wages we pay.

Yet another absolutely ridiculous Purple comment. Your gushing love affair with the current owners is very clear as this taints all your posts - most of which have little value in the eyes of a neutral

Can you please explain how a club up until recently was selling 3 year season tickets to raise cash, now in your opinion does not need any extra money for January because we have enough.

What on earth is this ridiculous statement based on ?

You are either on the DS payroll or exceptionally naïve - all clubs need money to spend / invest in transfer windows. If we fail to invest in Jan we could well end up in the Champs

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Vermin read exactly what the fool Purple said its you who talking bollox for siding with him[/quote]I''m afraid its you who have it wrong, there is a substantial sum available for transfers as you will shortly find out.