Sign in to follow this  
nochain09

Alan Bowkett steps down

"NORWICH City can confirm Alan Bowkett has stepped down from his position as Chairman and Director of the Club.

Mr Bowkett joined the Board of Directors in 2009 and the Directors and

all at Norwich City Football Club would like to place on record their

thanks to Alan for his contribution.

The Club has been working recently to refresh the Board of Directors and

an announcement about new Directors and a new Chairman will be made in

the next few weeks. The ownership of the Club will be unaffected by

these changes.

The new Directors will bring additional expertise and fresh ideas about

growing the business, as Norwich City continues its commitment to

maintaining Premier League status and developing the Football Club on

and off the pitch."
Seems like they have more than one replacement lined up. Interesting times.Thank you Mr B for taking us from where we were when you arrived to where we are now.

There was talk some time ago that his business interests in Italy would mean this would happen. It is interesting that the statement talks about new directors plural, but that this will not affect S&J''s majority shaeholder control. Which is not the same as affecting any balance of power in the boardroom.

He''s presided over a period of success for the club and I thank him for the part he''s played in it.

What''s really interesting is if this means a shakeup of the board? New investment? Haven''t seen a sniff of this anywhere before the announcement so is this a falling out as opposed to a planned departure?

[quote user="lappinitup"]
"NORWICH City can confirm Alan Bowkett has stepped down from his position as Chairman and Director of the Club.

Mr Bowkett joined the Board of Directors in 2009 and the Directors and

all at Norwich City Football Club would like to place on record their

thanks to Alan for his contribution.

The Club has been working recently to refresh the Board of Directors and

an announcement about new Directors and a new Chairman will be made in

the next few weeks. The ownership of the Club will be unaffected by

these changes.

The new Directors will bring additional expertise and fresh ideas about

growing the business, as Norwich City continues its commitment to

maintaining Premier League status and developing the Football Club on

and off the pitch."
Seems like they have more than one replacement lined up. Interesting times.Thank you Mr B for taking us from where we were when you arrived to where we are now.

[/quote]Perhaps the Turners are coming back! Secondly, sooner or later one of the miserabilists on this board will notice there is no mention in that statement of these new directors bringing in any investment...

[quote user="Buh"]He''s presided over a period of success for the club and I thank him for the part he''s played in it.

What''s really interesting is if this means a shakeup of the board? New investment? Haven''t seen a sniff of this anywhere before the announcement so is this a falling out as opposed to a planned departure?[/quote]But, as said above, there had been.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Now just one step away for the second coming of the Messiah

It''s going to happen I tell you it is going to happen

What terrific news after such a disappointing weekend[/quote]

How about a little wager that he isn''t?

Lets say Lambert has to return to Norwich as Manager within four weeks of the appointment of a new Chairman.

If he does (and you sound so convinced, I''m probably throwing my money away) then I will pay £100 to Rays Fund. But if he doesn''t, you pay out the same.

I understand that he maybe has different business pursuits and these would cost him some time and lead him to leaving but what I meant was there was no "good news Gordon" on here giving it "heard on the grapevine bowkett is leaving this week"

I bet whoever comes on board will not have Smudger''s approval and in all honesty he probably was the reason Bowkett resigned.[:D]

I just get the feeling that this is going to tie in with a new main sponsors and hopefully an injection of cash for the playing side. Probably wishful thinking but the suddenness of this departure and the club saying more than one director to replace him seems odd. My personal hope would be for that Austrian energy drink company to sponsor us, they were looking at getting into the English football market awhile ago with Leeds being mentioned IIRC!

Interesting.

OTBC

That''s all we need some Austrian singing from The Sound of Music

I have confidence in confidence alone

Besides which you see I have confidence in me!

Sorry to see Bowkett go, he has always impressed me at AGM''s.

I can''t see anybody coming in with loads of cash. Why would you when somebody else has control?

Seems strange I was at the meeting a couple of weeks ago and why no mention then.

Was he Pushed

PS

This could all be to do with the fact that the sausage rolls were not ready for the guy from Caister at 1.30PM

How about Coral being the shirt and new main sponsors from next season-so someone with connections there or in the betting industry?

ricardo wrote the following post at 07/12/2015 4:59 PM:

Sorry to see Bowkett go, he has always impressed me at AGM''s.

I can''t see anybody coming in with loads of cash. Why would you when somebody else has control?

Peak6 only took 25 % at Bounemouth.

Let''s hope there''s some money coming in that we can spend in January.

Hate to spoil the conspiracy theories but he''s 65 next month so maybe he just wanted to spend more time with his family. He maybe agreed to stand at the AGM to give the club more time to find a suitable replacement??