Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Mbkani - This season's Elmander

"He''s a class A carthorse imo."

I was wondering what sort of ignorant blind get made this comment, & then I saw who it was ....

I just dont get how people like JF believe this seasons squad is weaker than the one that got relegated! Jerome or RVW. Grabban or Becchio. Mbokani or Elmander....

No he wasn''t. But I think Mobkani is better. The idea that the 13/14 squad was as good as this one is laughable to me. Snoddy for Jarvis maybe? But that''s about the only one.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No he wasn''t. But I think Mobkani is better. The idea that the 13/14 squad was as good as this one is laughable to me. Snoddy for Jarvis maybe? But that''s about the only one.[/quote]
Mbokani does seem to have more about him than Elmander, agreed.
The 13/14 squad was quite some distance from this one, in my opinion. That''s both starting 11 and the depth to the squad. 
Whilst not strictly relevant to your point, I do think in general the teams around us are also stronger than the teams that were around us in 13/14.

[quote user="Wiz"]He''s a class A carthorse imo.[/quote]
Mbokani = class A carthorse
Hooper = quality striker
Clive Platt = a good signing to complement Jamie Cureton
On the subject of loyalty, while these managers were in charge I believe the following nicknames were attempted by the wizened w@nker.
Roeder = Rat Boy
Gunn = Puppet
Houghton = Coco the Clown, "Puketon"
Adams = Radio Presenter
Neil = Gollum
For someone with so little to offer the club, he certainly has high expectations of it.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="nutty nigel"]No he wasn''t. But I think Mobkani is better. The idea that the 13/14 squad was as good as this one is laughable to me. Snoddy for Jarvis maybe? But that''s about the only one.[/quote]
Mbokani does seem to have more about him than Elmander, agreed.
The 13/14 squad was quite some distance from this one, in my opinion. That''s both starting 11 and the depth to the squad. 
Whilst not strictly relevant to your point, I do think in general the teams around us are also stronger than the teams that were around us in 13/14.

[/quote]

They all have more money so they should be stronger in theory. But in practice I''m not sure if the extra money will end up with better players or the same players earning more money..

The biggest problem in 13/14 was that we blew the budget on three players who weren''t good enough and contributed little. That hasn''t happened this time. Robbie Brady alone has now contributed more than RVW, Hooper and Fer did all season back then.

You can so a notable step up in quality between Mbokani and Jerome- his first touch, link up play and awareness is very good.

Elmander was god awful though. So slow, no real goal threat and couldn''t hold the ball up.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]No he wasn''t. But I think Mobkani is better. The idea that the 13/14 squad was as good as this one is laughable to me. Snoddy for Jarvis maybe? But that''s about the only one.[/quote]

Don''t forget Leroy Fer. I would hasten to suggest that he would be a positive (if only minor) addition to this squad right now. Especially taking into account our struggles in the final third.

13/14 Norwich 2 Everton 2. Far better 2nd half today and that second half is needed for the full 90 against Sours and United.

Was a bit gutless to throw in the towel and bump this thread during the game JF? Glad the class of 15/16 have a little bit more about them ;)