Sign in to follow this  
firststeps

Too much tinkering AN

It''s week in week out Herman! The back four have not been given a chance, Bennett has done nothing wrong, the midfield are all over the place... it''s a joke!

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Never going to a match Herman won''t know that the team is being tinkered with excessively[/quote]Irony totally lost on you....................[:(]

If you weren''t so busy masturbating over Lambert photos you may have noticed last weeks team were awful and needed changing.How about telling us what team you would have put out.

Quite happy with that starting 11, would have maybe preferred Martin in for Wisdom and keep Bennett in the centre. I think we are going to have to score 2 to get anything out of this though

Also for anyone that likes a pre match bet, Lukaku win cast is 4.50 which looks far too good to turn down and would slightly soften a defeat if it were to happen!

Yeah he was. but I remain unconvinced by Wisdom and Martin being captain and one of the only leaders we have needs to be in the starting 11. I feel Bennetts height would have been handy against Lukaku though

Yeah he was. but I remain unconvinced by Wisdom and Martin being captain and one of the only leaders we have needs to be in the starting 11. I feel Bennetts height would have been handy against Lukaku though

--------------------------------------------------------

At least Martin wants to be here and not like Wisdom, back at Liverpool.

Russ is a leader and a passionate man. If there''s one person I''d want in the starting 11 to spur a team on it''d be Russ. Glad to see him back in the 11 personally.

[quote user="gitto"]Tactically out of his depth and now lost his self belief!!!!!![/quote]
Well, he certainly knows how to give a half-time team talk.
And the Wisdom/Bennett switch worked beautifully, as did pushing Hoolahan further up the pitch to allow us to press their back line.
So while it would have been preferable to play that way from the start, credit for spotting it, fixing it and then giving us the edge in the 2nd half.  Shame we couldn''t go on to win.

We were lucky today if Everton had have succeeded in scoring more in the first half we would have been in the bottom three. We have to spend in January and imrove the squad. We must also have strikers who r consistent. !!

[quote user="EGGY "]We were lucky today if Everton had have succeeded in scoring more in the first half we would have been in the bottom three. We have to spend in January and imrove the squad. We must also have strikers who r consistent. !![/quote]
Were we lucky?
Our goalkeeper played very well and we were the best team in the second half.

[quote user="EGGY "]We were lucky today if Everton had have succeeded in scoring more in the first half we would have been in the bottom three. We have to spend in January and imrove the squad. We must also have strikers who r consistent. !![/quote]If my auntie had balls she''d be my uncle. Everton were lucky Jerome can''t hit a barn door.

Well, according to AN he didn''t change anything at half time (barring the sub), the system or the formation, or what he wanted them to do, he just got them to play the way he had wanted from the start, which they hadn''t done in the first half. 

One big change I did notice was Tettey playing about 30 yards higher up the pitch. O''Neil seemed to be playing the DM role.

Weird that Mulumbu can''t get a game. His time will come I''m sure.

Anyone at the game today would have been amazed that we were only 1 down at HT it could easily have been 3 or 4. Everton are a good side and we matched them well in the second half and either side could have won it. Only wins can and will save us from relegation and we seem to be a long way of one at the moment let alone a decent little run. The January window is something many are pinning their hopes on but it is a long time since this club made season changing signings in January. With Bournmouth hitting amazing form notwithstanding their injuries and green shoots of recovery at Sunderland and Newcastle one wonders who the 3 worse teams are than Norwich if we are to survive. The Villa game is a massive must win for us