Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Has Declan Rudd ever Really been that Good?

Well it would appear that the answer to that question is "yes he has".

Superb performance from him today and deserved Man of the Match. His saves in the first half when we were being outplayed have turned out to be absolutely crucial in us getting a point today. And he made another great block near the end to preserve the point.

Oh, and he was our best player last week too! Well done Declan. Keep it up.

I remember a few years ago he came on against WBA and was class and we barely saw him since despite Ruddy consistently costing us points.

Whilst Ruddy has been great for us, I do think he''s been lucky to consistently stay in the side as much as he has. Even last year he made plenty of mistakes in amongst some decent performances and Rudd was years overdue a regular run in the side.

The shirt is Declan''s to keep, if he can continue with this level of performance. It takes a lot of bravery to go in low and smother shots when a centre forward is bearing down on you.

What an excellent display by Rudd especially in the first half.  As someone else said, it''s due to him we were able to win a point today.  He must keep his place on this display alone.

[quote user="Oswald Cobblepot"][url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=coTPNoOIpFs[/url]

Link above. Well pleased for him, the lad is certainly taking his chance well.[/quote]

Cheers. What a decent chap as well[Y]

[quote user="Vanwink"]What did he say?[/quote]

He definitely said "umm" a lot, I got to about 326 times before I lost count.

Good performance though, refreshing to have a local lad who feels pride to be wearing the shirt, and it shows in the on pitch display.

We are lucky to have two quality keepers - hopefully pushing each other to perform well and stay in the team. Big John won''t give it up easily if he gets back in, so Declan needs to continue with his excellent performances.