Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Watching MOTD

Really highlighted how bad we were in the first half, particularly Russell Martin. I''m not totally convinced Bennett is the answer (he looked a bit shakey when he first came on today) but if we don''t buy a centre back in the January window I can''t see us staying up.

I''m really struggling to understand why Neil thought this was a good change to make to the starting line-up. I know we struggled against Watford but that was baffling.

I thought Bennett looked good yesterday - and one of the first things he did was almost score the goal! Lukaku was far less effective after the break, I can''t help but think the switch had something to do with it.

Oh yes I agree.

With Bennett he just had a coupe of poor clearances early on that kept us under pressure but improved as the half went on.

The thing that bugs me is most of the time I can see the reasoning behind the changes AN makes- not this time though.

I think he tried to start Martin at CB for the same reason why many many posters on here wanted to start him at CB.

Its a shame, but hopefully we can continue using our best CB''s we have in Bennett and Bassong until January.