Sign in to follow this  
carrow77

The reality

Off the back of a good point against Everton I should be pleased right?

But the reality is the next two games will probably yield zero points, so if we scrape a win against the vanilla we will still be in the relegation zone.

Darren Eade is most matter of fact pundit Radio Norfolk have on and calls it spot on. He is right in his analysis that we don''t have the leadership on the pitch, those who grab the game by the scruff of the neck and carry us over the line.

Tinkering with the line up can prevent all important consistency at this level and defines our desperation. Goal keeper has now changed for the better so far but Martin is our captain and was left

out for several games, we have midfielders in abundance but can''t seem to find the right balance, and finally we don''t have strikers that score regularly which is so vital in the PL...hence the addition of Grabban in recent games which didn''t work.

I''m worried.

I think we saw many leaders in the second half. We were so poor in the first half and the crowd was really getting on the players backs (which I can''t blame them for as we were so shit on the ball). In the second half we saw a completely different performance, we were confident, closing down, making the right passes.

In terms of strikers, I really don''t know why AN doesn''t start Mbokani regularly. He has the quality, though not the work rate of Jerome who was good today. (although tbf Jerome always works hard, he''s not a natural finisher).

Reality is that we dont have a squad for playing proper 4-5-1, so we would likely be better off doing a Watford and play two strikers and a bit more direct approach.

Was screaming for Mbokani the last 20 mins, can''t understand why he is not getting minutes.

Yep, I thought today''s game was a good opportunity for Mbokani up top. I just hope he''s not left out in the cold when we get a new striker in Jan as he clearly has some potential to cause PL defences a few problems and I feel he has goals in him. Admittedly he is not as mobile as Jerome but it all comes down to the same problem we have in providing our strikers with the right service,more often than not our strikers are forced out wide and out of position so when we do get a cross in there is no one in the bloody box!

I''ve always said that it is very odd we are playing 4-5-1 with the player material we''ve got. A 4-5-1 system is set up for gialscoring, probing midfielders. We don''t have either of those types. Lack of support and penetration from our mids is noticable, and it is strange that AN has not done something about it.

I fear AN is reluctant to play 2 strikers because we will be overrun in midfield, as AN has likely seen the ststs showing we are overrun also with a 5-man midfield.

But nevertheless, we are not playing a system suited to our player material, and have not done so for quite some time now.

We made Bournemouth look very poor when they came to CR-if they can beat Man U then I feel we can get something. They have a lot of injuries at the moment so certainly not writing that one off. Spurs are going to be a tough one in my opinion.

Would you have predicted we would have 5 points from our last 3 home games?

I bet Bournemouth thought they would get nothing from their last few games... it''s a funny old league. If we can beat Villa and get something from either of the Spurs or Man U games, we can go into the new year still very much in the game for survival. It''s no surprise we are where we are really despite Watford doing well. The makings of a good team are there, we''re a couple of key players short.

the reality is that we had an abysmal summer window, worse than any promoted club I can remember, and therefore do not have the quality to be competitive in this league.

Therefore we need to

A: punch consistently above out weight

B: hope three teams underperform

C: Recruit some players to make us better

or

D: Accept relegation

Its that simple. Lets not blame the manager. Nobody would do much with a team not strong enough to consistently compete.

The reality is that we were always going to be around the bottom half of this league, and would have a proper fight to stay in it. Some have accepted it, some haven''t.

[quote user="Herman "]The reality is that we were always going to be around the bottom half of this league, and would have a proper fight to stay in it. Some have accepted it, some haven''t.[/quote]True, but many find it hard to swallow.Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. (Albert Einstein)