Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

How many games could we have won this season

How many times have we had the chance to gain all three points but have missed out due to missed shots on goals . Today''s made me think ,would lafferty have put that one away ,I think so and how many of the others . Costing us dearly this exclusion of one of the only strikers to have scored this season .

Our our defenders had not repeatedly gifted goals? They have cost us more points after all.

Ifs and buts.... Jumpers for goal posts and what might have beens for the dreamers of the world

We''ve let a few games get away from us this season.

The ones that really stick in my head are West Ham, we should have been professional enough to see that out and weren''t.

Stoke we also should have been out of sight and whilst Butland was top drawer some better finishing wins us that''s game.

Palace is also a bit of unknown quantity. Had that goal rightly stood then who knows what would have happened at 2-2?

But you''ve also got to be even handed and say we were very fortunate to draw with Everton. If Lukaku had brought his shooting boots in thr first half it could have been 4-0 to Everton and the game gone

The one frustration I see is our wingers, and especially Redmond, frequently make poor choices with their final ball. At least three times yesterday Redmond could have put Jerome through and each time he royally screwed it up. Hopefully we will sign Jarvis as a permanent deal and then loan additional cover.