Sign in to follow this  
gitto

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

No ifs!!! No buts!!!!! No bull!!!!! What''s the real reason Kyle Lafferty will not be given even a sniff of a chance after looking impressive in the Capitol One cup and scoring as many goals as Wayne Rooney in the Euro Qualifiers. As a 6''4" centre forward who could cause any defence in the country problems in the air, even as a impact sub, Why has he not been given a sniff of an opportunity. Please some one tell me Why? The real Reason ? Has he got B.O? Has he been judged as a left winger only? Has he shagged someone he shouldn''t? Is a lazy git in training? What is the truth so we can finally put this one to bed forever?

[quote user="gitto"]No ifs!!! No buts!!!!! No bull!!!!! What''s the real reason Kyle Lafferty will not be given even a sniff of a chance after looking impressive in the Capitol One cup and scoring as many goals as Wayne Rooney in the Euro Qualifiers. As a 6''4" centre forward who could cause any defence in the country problems in the air, even as a impact sub, Why has he not been given a sniff of an opportunity. Please some one tell me Why? The real Reason ? Has he got B.O? Has he been judged as a left winger only? Has he shagged someone he shouldn''t? Is a lazy git in training? What is the truth so we can finally put this one to bed forever?[/quote]

That is part of the problem - he isn''t that good in the air, for someone so tall.  If he was, he probably would get more of a chance.  He rarely wins a ball in the air, for some reason, but has great ball control with his feet and that is part of the reason he has played on the left for a large part of his career.   I would like to see him given a chance too, but if AN doesn''t think he is any better than CJ, DM or LG up front, then he isn''t going to get much of a look in.

He is an asset and if anything to damage his sale value was the reason then we would be very silly to announce it.

The club management do not need to say anything.

It isn''t goals scored that is the issue, it is goals conceded.

Probably because Alex Neil watches him everyday in training and judges the other strikers in our squad to be better. I''m sure he would love KL to be a goal machine, but he is trusting his judgement - which is telling him that he''s not.

As fans, all we can go on is his past record which, at club level (below Premier league standard), is not great.

His international goal scoring record is, I believe, a bit flattering. He has scored a lot of goals, but against teams like Faroe Islands, Greece, Hungary and Finland. Hardly footballing powerhouses.

Again, we need to trust Alex Neil''s judgement. We failed to add to the squad in the summer and I pray that he will address the numerous shortfalls in the squad next month.

That might add up if comparing Mbokani and Grabban he prefers Grabban, because there has been nothing in any games this year that says Grabban is better than Mbokani. And Lafferty looked far better in 15 mins against West Briom than Grabban has against Everton, Arsenal or Watford. So what someone sees on the training ground does not always transpose to game days. There''s no pressure on the training ground.