Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

How fine is the line.....

.... between staying and going down.

The events of this weekend have shown more than ever the importance of taking the few opportunities given in this league. Had Jerome put that sitter in yesterday we would be in 14th spot, rather than 18th. One missed shot - 4 league places.

Please don''t think I am having a go at Jerome, because I''m not, but we really do need to find a natural goalscorer in January (then the hard part comes, persuading them to come to ''little old Norwich''). Failing that, another Dion Dublin or similar to pull the team up by the bootstraps and carry them over the line.

This team is so close to continued Premiership survival, but there just seem to be one or two pieces of the puzzle missing.

I think the scales have tipped and the smart money has to go on us for the drop. It''s a shame but once again we do not appear to have quite enough to stay up.

It''s purely about scoring goals. Neil has lost his nerve. AND Cameron Jerome is never gonna score goals, he needs an out an out goalscorer next to him. He was effective for Crystal Palace in 13/14 but only scored two goals. He needs someone else to help him.

You mean like the seven we should have got against Newcastle gitto.?

It''s not just about scoring goals, it''s about having balance and the quality in the squad to give the manager genuine options for tactical change without weakening the starting eleven.

We need a new manager, I don''t trust AN with another transfer window.

His limited success at City has only been achieved via ex- managers signings.

His signings have messed our whole side up.

[quote user="Wiz"]We need a new manager, I don''t trust AN with another transfer window.

His limited success at City has only been achieved via ex- managers signings.

His signings have messed our whole side up.[/quote]

No they haven''t and you know it.

What signings though Wiz? There hasn''t been enough.

Brady''s been a great signing. All the rest have been cheap deals.

Can''t really say he hasn''t achieved anything with his signings as well. He got us Dorrans who helped us get up. His limited success is not about what he has not done, but what he managed to do in such a short space of time after taking over the rather useless Neil Adams.

Although I don''t think AN''s team selections have been very good this season, especially with the amount he has changed it from game to game, the fault I do think lies mostly with the board.

Its all very well saying; ''well we tried to get players in but they didn''t come off,'' - but that really isn''t good enough, especially when we really need to stay up this season due to the new money coming in.

Having said that I do think we''d go straight back up with this team and manager...though we of course should not even think of leaving it up to chance.

We have a chance in January to make it right. If we don''t spend then AN really has got a job on his hands.

Newcastle were carp before we played them - their 6 goals against us gave them belief and destroyed our confidence.When it comes to crucial games we always produce the wrong performance and get the wrong result.We could easily have been half a dozen points better off than we are so we only have ourselves to blame.We seem happy with respectable results from Man C, Chelsea & Arsenal but other teams, who are no better than us, want more.We need a change of mindset

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Needs to be a complete clear out owners CEO and Manager[/quote]

Come on then, head up the consortium thats going to buy the current board out.

Even more frustrating that we''re not playing the buggers we did bring in. Dorrans doesn''t figure, Mulumbu warming the bench and Mbokani fleeting glimses (god knows how much we''re paying him if matching Kiev''s wages).I still like AN and wouldn''t want him sacked but the whole thing is becoming a shambles.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Needs to be a complete clear out owners CEO and Manager[/quote]Not possible when they own the whole shebang.

[quote user="ricardo"]I think the scales have tipped and the smart money has to go on us for the drop. It''s a shame but once again we do not appear to have quite enough to stay up.[/quote].

Christ, now this is worrying! An early prediction of relegation from Rickayyyyyyyyyy

[quote user="UpperBarclay"]Even more frustrating that we''re not playing the buggers we did bring in. Dorrans doesn''t figure, Mulumbu warming the bench and Mbokani fleeting glimses (god knows how much we''re paying him if matching Kiev''s wages).I still like AN and wouldn''t want him sacked but the whole thing is becoming a shambles.[/quote]No it''s not and you know it.

This forum has some seriously stupid people on.

We win - silence or transfer talk.

We draw - the odd whinges

We lose or slip down the table and the world is going to end!

Money won''t keep us in the Premier League. Alex Beil is doing a decent job - who''d you have replace him? Mourinho? Hardly flying high this season is he?

We were always gonna struggle this season, but at least we''re trying!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"] Christ, now this is worrying! An early prediction of relegation from Rickayyyyyyyyyy[/quote]

I''ll do the calculations at the halfway stage as usual but off the top of my head I have to say it''s not looking good. My pre-season calculations had us on 19 points at this stage so we are well below what I considered to be around a 40 point season.Still a long way to go but getting harder each week to believe there are three poorer teams than us.

[quote user="Lewis DW"]This forum has some seriously stupid people on. We win - silence or transfer talk. We draw - the odd whinges We lose or slip down the table and the world is going to end! Money won''t keep us in the Premier League. Alex Beil is doing a decent job - who''d you have replace him? Mourinho? Hardly flying high this season is he? We were always gonna struggle this season, but at least we''re trying![/quote]

Yup . Some seriously stupid people. Including one who thinks we are managed by Alex Beil. How was Milton Keynes yesterday? Did you enjoy the roundabouts? 

"When it comes to crucial games we always produce the wrong performance and get the wrong result."

What a load of cr@p.

We beat Bournemouth.

We bear Swansea.

We beat Sunderland.