Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

In bottom 3 next weekend?

Geez, some of you!

Yes, the we need more points and should probably have more on board than we do, however...

THE SEASON DOESN''T END TOMORROW!

There''s still a long, long way to go yet with many more twists and turns. Under Hoots we were scraping the bottom of the table before going 10 games unbeaten and finishing 12th (sorry if that''s wrong cba to look). The point is we aren''t beaten yet. Who knows, we might play out of our skins and get a vital win. I''m sure support for the team might help with that :)

Well, anyone who saw Bournemouth beating Chelsea and Man Utd should be sitting back and counting their money right about now.
Newcastle need to beat Spurs to put us into the bottom 3.  

We are as good as down , nowhere near as good as the likes of Watford and Bournemouth , Norwich and Villa really should have their very own mini league .

[quote user="CanaryOne"]We are as good as down , nowhere near as good as the likes of Watford and Bournemouth , Norwich and Villa really should have their very own mini league .[/quote]That''s the spirit[Y]

A point against an Everton team who are good away is a good point, especially considering how poor we were in the first half.

If we play how we did in that 2nd half we''ll be ok.

However, this whole season has been full of ''ifs''.

What if Martin hadn''t of started the season at CB?

What if AN settled on a first 11 finally?

What if we put Rudd in from the start?

We''ve got Man U next. It will be a good test for us, I have a feeling though that Van Gaal won''t be playing as many youngsters as he did today.

It''s embarrassing how much better Watford and Bournemouth look than us but hardly surprising considering their boards ambition in the transfer market in contrast to ours. .Sunderland will be Ok with Allardyce in charge. Swansea should have too much quality not to turn it around at some point. Newcastle also have a better squad than their position suggests. Which for me leaves us and Villa the two certainties for relegation as it stands.

Ah, the saddest words in the English language: "it might have been..."

I suspect we haven''t really got a first 11. Most of our players are much of a muchness - & equally inconsistent.

I agree with you about our best back 4, but confidently predict Bennett will have a ''mare quite soon ......

(as will the other 3).

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Championship forwards and championship defenders = championship football. The Summer transfer window was a disaster from which we were never likely to recover.[/quote]I thought last season was a disaster from which we were never likely to recover.

Plenty of snipey remarks towards Highland but little to no valid arguments against his points. The forward line is championship quality as is the defence, the summer transfer window was a disaster. 100 per cent accurate

Well Highland is at least consistent, he has been miserable for about three seasons now...

There''s nothing snidey about calling him a miserable sod JF. He may have valid points, but I''ve got to the stage where I just skim his words, as all his posts have been roughly the same for years.

Have you ever thought that''s because Highland, like you jf, never posts except to moan. I see you were moved to post during the game today until we scored....

[quote user="Keith Scott"]It''s embarrassing how much better Watford and Bournemouth look than us but hardly surprising considering their boards ambition in the transfer market in contrast to ours. .[/quote]
Oh, go on then.
Who did Bournemouth sign to show their ambition?
Who did Watford sign to show their ambition?

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Sunderland will be Ok with Allardyce in charge. Swansea should have too much quality not to turn it around at some point. Newcastle also have a better squad than their position suggests.[/quote]
Sunderland may not be okay
Swansea may not have enough quality - they never replaced Bony adequately
Newcastle may have a better squad but with a cr*p manager they are nothing
Cheer up.

But unfortunately it is what it is isn''t it? There is little point in coming on here and posting that all is rosey in the garden and that all will be fine when that clearly isn''t the case. The second half was definitely an improvement today but let''s not kid ourselves it still wasn''t anything to shout home about. The 135 minutes of football that preceded it was some of the most dire seen in a long time. To have any chance of staying in this league if that is what we want then the squad needs major reinforcement. With the board track record then I''m not going to be optimistic that the Calvary are coming.

For God''s sake, who comes on here saying "it''s all luvverly & we''re safe as houses??" Not even LDC!

It''s just the "that''s it, we''re relegated" threads that appear after every setback that gets on my & a lot of other people''s nerves. This is football, we''re not rich, or famous, & it''ll always be a struggle. $hit happens, & will continue to do so, but there''ll be good times as well. Make the most of them. otherwise you''ll spend most of your life being miserable.

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="Keith Scott"]It''s embarrassing how much better Watford and Bournemouth look than us but hardly surprising considering their boards ambition in the transfer market in contrast to ours. .[/quote]
Oh, go on then.
Who did Bournemouth sign to show their ambition?
Who did Watford sign to show their ambition?
[/quote]

Watford - Capoue, Jurado, Behrami and Nyom have all impressed.

B''mouth - Gradel

Whether you consider those sides ambitious or not, they built on good solid teams that finished higher than us last season. We needed more than Jarvis and Mbokani on loan. Brady was an awesome signing but our defense needed bolstering as did the attack and therein lies the lack of ambition by our board. Bournemouth despite their injuries to key players are starting to find a way to win without them. We just chop and change and hope a champ squad will suddenly be Prem standard.

Well, when Max Gradel is held up as the epitome of ambition then I think it''s time we all punched ourselves in the face until sanity is restored.
Max Gradel or Robbie Brady?  Brady, every time.

The big point, Nigel, is that many in this forum will never be able to see danger even when a thug threatens them with a knife. So when Norwich is sleepwalking to the Championship, they will say everything is fine, we are still above the relegation zone, eøwe are not rich, etc. But they fail to see the next step. They fail to see what is (likely) coming.

The same type of people is found in various governments in Europe, claiming migration and asylum seekers from the Middle East is an "enrichment" to our culture, and that all people warning against it are either racists, facists, or both. No protests or worrying will be allowed to surface. Clap along people, be nice and don''t use your mind to think. Just do as we say.

The Norwich team is in serious lack of leaders and tough personalities. There are soft players all along. Ruddy, Martin, Whitts, Olsson, Howson, Redmond are good examples. Soft, and rarely up for a fight.

Bradley Johnson, for all his limitations, has been the only Norwich player since Holt with a bit of fight in him. The others are by and large "kind young men", and the prode of their mothers-in-law.

Mulumbu and Vadis could be decent grafterd, but they are not playing. R. Bennett also got some spirit. Tettey will fight, but lacks smartness and timing.

Lafferty should be tested in the team for spirit and guts alone. He might inject some passion into this team.