Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

In bottom 3 next weekend?

So, Bournemouth ofcourse pickung up an unexpected win at Chelsea, leaving us with a fair chance of being in the bottom 3 next weekend if we fail to beat Everton, and Sunderland win at home vs Watford.

But no worries, the clappers say we will be fine.....

Truth is, our fate will be decided on how other teams in the bottom are doing. On current rate, we will not get near 38-40 points, so we are relying on other teams being just as shit, or worse, than us.

With Newcastle and Sunderland likely to improve, can you really see 3 teams being worse than us in this league?

Jesus Christ. You really can wring every last drop of misery out of a shit result.

I''d suggest a few things to you too Sam.I know it wasn''t good at all. I know we are in trouble. What I don''t need is so called City fans rubbing it in and filling their boots in shit and misery.

I don''t consider myself pessimistic, more realistic. I figured a while back that Norwich were likely to be in the bottom 3 at Christmas - based purely on what I see.

Some folk appear to have amazing good faith that we''re OK and all will be well.

At the moment, as much as I would like to, I don''t share that blind optimism. Yes, we have a talented young manager however we''re not doing what it takes to win. Listening to the commentary, today we didn''t even TRY to do what it takes; and for an Alex Neil side based on a sound work ethic, that is both surprising and rather concerning.

To me this is not just a **** result either - it was pretty much as I expected. Without offering top salaries, quite how we''ll attract key players to join us in January I really don''t know. Hiring the recruitment guy from Burnley set the bar rather low; on the basis he continues doing what he did in the NW we can''t expect a different outcome here. That would be madness.

Where''s the Magic Pixie Dust?

I''m just waiting for the ostrich brigade to start with the pant wetting comments

I was waiting for the pant wetters to start calling people ostriches and happy clappers.....

If we beat Everton next week we''ll be on 16 points from 16 games and exactly on course for 38 points and probable safety.

While beating them may appear unlikely after yesterday''s performance, it''s not impossible. We gave them a good game in the League Cup and can do so again next week. We''re not dead and buried yet.

Spot on there Fuzzar. We may not be doing very well at the moment but it''s still too early to make predictions as we''ve still got over half the season left to play. We''ve just got to hope that we make some good signings in January

As has always been the case we were going to be in a relegation battle this year with about 6 othere teams.

Im just glad most of the fans that attend Carrow road, the management staff and the players have more bottle than the likes of Grefstad.

I wouldn''t be surprised to see a big reaction at home next Saturday. Every team has a no show every now and then (we did even under Lambert ... Blackburn away ironically) so I wouldn''t read too much into Vicaragegate.

Still, if we don''t attract some top quality in January we''ll only finish above Villa and probably Bournemouth.

Lool, Hog.

It is not only about "bottle". It is about nous.

And this club has long enough shown it lacks proper nous on how to turn us from Championship upper level into Premiership regulars.

That nous is as simple as it sounds, more cash in wages, better scouting system, and we need to look further than halfway through England for players.

As long as this club is not willing to break the wage structure for some signature signings, we will not be able to attract better players, and improve as a club.

The board has been unwilling to invest to stay up, trying to do it on the cheap, AGAIN.

Few other clubs in the country have such a healthy financial situation as Norwich, and as such, we should be able to invest a bit (although sensibly) in recruiting the type of players that can make a difference. But we dont. Instead, we spend 4 mill on Dorrans.

The tactics of investing in January to save our bum is a risky one, in any year. Made even worse by our precarious league standing.

A player we tried to recruit in the summer (given we will try again in January) will not be more inclined to come here with us being in the relegation zone.

Also, when the players know we have a strict wage structure, a team with less quality than virtually all opposition in this league, perhaps bar Villa and Bournemouth, why would they come to us? They will be insisting on a heavy wage, and a relegation escape clause, and that would do us no good.

Once again, we are done by "prudence with ambition", and our lack of success in the summer will likely cost us dearly this season.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the signs are there, and I have seen Norwich long enough to know the same mistakes are being done over and over again. The prudence is killing this club.

No, you seriously don''t hope you''re wrong.Its no coincidence how quiet you are when we''re doing well.You literally can''t wait for us to be in the bottom three so you can spaff your smug I told you so all over the forum.People like you make me feel physically sick, and you need to look up the definition of supporting your team.

[quote user="grefstad"]The tactics of investing in January to save our bum is a risky one, in any year. Made even worse by our precarious league standing.

A player we tried to recruit in the summer (given we will try again in January) will not be more inclined to come here with us being in the relegation zone.

Also, when the players know we have a strict wage structure, a team with less quality than virtually all opposition in this league, perhaps bar Villa and Bournemouth, why would they come to us? They will be insisting on a heavy wage, and a relegation escape clause, and that would do us no good.

Once again, we are done by "prudence with ambition", and our lack of success in the summer will likely cost us dearly this season.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the signs are there, and I have seen Norwich long enough to know the same mistakes are being done over and over again. The prudence is killing this club.[/quote]

The "prudence killing the club" bandwagon brigade are so far off  the mark.  Norwich is a club that does not appeal to the big investor and possibly never will be.  So yes, we may be "prudent" but to me that means the club is being run properly and safely and will not get into crippling debts again.   Fooballing and resources wise, we are a lower prem, upper championship club and that is good.  Pushing the boat out with money we don''t have or buying players for the sake of it because we have a little money to spend would be a flawed policy. Money is precious and after we got our fingers burned with Fer and RVW, better to keep the money until players we want at the price we can afford become available. Anything else would really risk the well being of the club. 

[quote user="grefstad"]With Newcastle and Sunderland likely to improve, can you really see 3 teams being worse than us in this league?[/quote]
Explain how Newcastle and Sunderland are "likely to improve"?
Bournemouth have still blown points against the bottom sides and they will be dropping down.  Villa are down.  Sunderland and Newcastle are different shades of f*cked and Swansea are on the slide.
I said 15th at the start of the season & am sticking to it.

[quote user="morty"]No, you seriously don''t hope you''re wrong.Its no coincidence how quiet you are when we''re doing well.You literally can''t wait for us to be in the bottom three so you can spaff your smug I told you so all over the forum.People like you make me feel physically sick, and you need to look up the definition of supporting your team.[/quote]
All you need to know about "Grefstad" the "Norwegian" fan is his use of "happy clappers" and "usual suspects".
More trolls around here than a Tolkien novel.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="grefstad"]The tactics of investing in January to save our bum is a risky one, in any year. Made even worse by our precarious league standing. A player we tried to recruit in the summer (given we will try again in January) will not be more inclined to come here with us being in the relegation zone. Also, when the players know we have a strict wage structure, a team with less quality than virtually all opposition in this league, perhaps bar Villa and Bournemouth, why would they come to us? They will be insisting on a heavy wage, and a relegation escape clause, and that would do us no good. Once again, we are done by "prudence with ambition", and our lack of success in the summer will likely cost us dearly this season. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the signs are there, and I have seen Norwich long enough to know the same mistakes are being done over and over again. The prudence is killing this club.[/quote]

The "prudence killing the club" bandwagon brigade are so far off  the mark.  Norwich is a club that does not appeal to the big investor and possibly never will be.  So yes, we may be "prudent" but to me that means the club is being run properly and safely and will not get into crippling debts again.   Fooballing and resources wise, we are a lower prem, upper championship club and that is good.  Pushing the boat out with money we don''t have or buying players for the sake of it because we have a little money to spend would be a flawed policy. Money is precious and after we got our fingers burned with Fer and RVW, better to keep the money until players we want at the price we can afford become available. Anything else would really risk the well being of the club. 

[/quote]

Lake District, I''m curious. What exactly do you base this supposition on? Why do clubs like Blackburn, Watford, Bolton, Wigan, Leicester, Southampton and Bournemouth appeal to big investors (to name but a few), but not Norwich? 

Loool. The suspects, known as Morty and Bor are at it again. The ones who never has an answer to any question, but still always have an opinion about the poster. The kind of losers who shoot the messenger, even though the messenger has way more rights than wrongs.

Try search for all posts made by these forum pesters. See if any of the postings carry a suggestion on how to improve, or actually flagging an opinin, other than slating forum posters. Can''t find it? Me neither.

According to Bor and Morty, all will be fine. The club is doing everything right. No wrongs. No poor signings. All is fine.

People who are awake, like me and others, have warned for this situation since August. We dont beat teams we should beat, and players we sign are no better than the ones we got. We can''t attract players because of the board''s strict wage structure. We can''t get rid of flops like RvW, Lafferty, Hooper, Grabban, preventing us from investing in better players.

Changes of system is not fitting to the player material. Starting to look very much like Hughton all over again.

But no worries, Morty and Bor, proven ignorants, have spoken. It will all be ok...

[quote user="grefstad"]Loool. The suspects, known as Morty and Bor are at it again. The ones who never has an answer to any question, but still always have an opinion about the poster. The kind of losers who shoot the messenger, even though the messenger has way more rights than wrongs.

Try search for all posts made by these forum pesters. See if any of the postings carry a suggestion on how to improve, or actually flagging an opinin, other than slating forum posters. Can''t find it? Me neither.

According to Bor and Morty, all will be fine. The club is doing everything right. No wrongs. No poor signings. All is fine.

People who are awake, like me and others, have warned for this situation since August. We dont beat teams we should beat, and players we sign are no better than the ones we got. We can''t attract players because of the board''s strict wage structure. We can''t get rid of flops like RvW, Lafferty, Hooper, Grabban, preventing us from investing in better players.

Changes of system is not fitting to the player material. Starting to look very much like Hughton all over again.

But no worries, Morty and Bor, proven ignorants, have spoken. It will all be ok...[/quote]
Who should we have beat? Watford?

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="grefstad"]The tactics of investing in January to save our bum is a risky one, in any year. Made even worse by our precarious league standing. A player we tried to recruit in the summer (given we will try again in January) will not be more inclined to come here with us being in the relegation zone. Also, when the players know we have a strict wage structure, a team with less quality than virtually all opposition in this league, perhaps bar Villa and Bournemouth, why would they come to us? They will be insisting on a heavy wage, and a relegation escape clause, and that would do us no good. Once again, we are done by "prudence with ambition", and our lack of success in the summer will likely cost us dearly this season. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but the signs are there, and I have seen Norwich long enough to know the same mistakes are being done over and over again. The prudence is killing this club.[/quote]

[/quote]

Lake District, I''m curious. What exactly do you base this supposition on? Why do clubs like Blackburn, Watford, Bolton, Wigan, Leicester, Southampton and Bournemouth appeal to big investors (to name but a few), but not Norwich? 

[/quote]

I base it on the fact that we haven''t had a big investor for many years.  Delia has done her bit and contributed a great deal financially, but not on the level of an investor who could make us comparable to some of these other clubs who have been bailed out to finance their successes. If there was a suitable investor one would have been found by now imo. For whatever reason, Norwich doesn''t attract suitable investors.

To that selective list, let''s add Leeds. Portsmouth. Sheffield United. Notts Forest. Ipswich. Sunderland.

The grass is not always greener.

Even Man Utd demonstrate the downside of being an asset on a bigger balance sheet.

"Loool. The suspects, known as Morty and Bor are at it again. The ones who never has an answer to any question, but still always have an opinion about the poster. The kind of losers who shoot the messenger, even though the messenger has way more rights than wrongs."

Behind this self-serving tripe, you have failed to answer the questions I asked you and have instead attacked the poster.

You''re either a smart troll or a stupid troll, but a troll nonetheless.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I base it on the fact that we haven''t had a big investor for many years.  Delia has done her bit and contributed a great deal financially, but not on the level of an investor who could make us comparable to some of these other clubs who have been bailed out to finance their successes. If there was a suitable investor one would have been found by now imo. For whatever reason, Norwich doesn''t attract suitable investors.

[/quote]

You could be right Lakey D. I don''t know. Just seems a little odd that the World being what it is , and the global interest that is generated by the Premier League, that we sit in a bubble. 

Hey ho. Was just a question. Thanks for answering. 

[quote user="Bor"]Explain how Newcastle and Sunderland are "likely to improve"? Bournemouth have still blown points against the bottom sides and they will be dropping down.  Villa are down.  Sunderland and Newcastle are different shades of f*cked and Swansea are on the slide.[/quote]

You really need to get it explained very delicately, don''t you?

Synderland has 6 points of the last 9, 2 clean sheets in tbe process, and a new manager at the helm.

Newcastle got better players than the league table currently shows, and they beat Liverpool today.

Swansea are on the slide, but have Moyes lined up once Monk is sacked, which will likely turn their fortunes around.

Villa are the only team looking worse than us, but they may well pick up over the season.

Bournemouth play better football than us, and are mote likely to stick to their principles, and got money to spend with their Russian billionaire owner in charge.

So do you need more to become enlightened?

Or maybe it is best to be in constant denial? Call Morty and Hog, and invite them to a Deluded Club Xmas dinner.

[quote user="grefstad"][quote user="Bor"]Explain how Newcastle and Sunderland are "likely to improve"? Bournemouth have still blown points against the bottom sides and they will be dropping down.  Villa are down.  Sunderland and Newcastle are different shades of f*cked and Swansea are on the slide.[/quote]

You really need to get it explained very delicately, don''t you?

Synderland has 6 points of the last 9, 2 clean sheets in tbe process, and a new manager at the helm.

Newcastle got better players than the league table currently shows, and they beat Liverpool today.

Swansea are on the slide, but have Moyes lined up once Monk is sacked, which will likely turn their fortunes around.

Villa are the only team looking worse than us, but they may well pick up over the season.

Bournemouth play better football than us, and are mote likely to stick to their principles, and got money to spend with their Russian billionaire owner in charge.

So do you need more to become enlightened?

Or maybe it is best to be in constant denial? Call Morty and Hog, and invite them to a Deluded Club Xmas dinner.[/quote]
Sunderland have worse players than us.
Newcastle have a dreadful squad.
Bournemouth can''t beat the teams around them and are in all sorts of trouble.
Villa won''t pick up.
I said 15th and I''m sticking to it.  If you want to run around screaming "the sky is falling" with your hair on fire then that''s up to you.
Incidentally, I remember another poster with a highly confrontational and anti-club style who would make outrageous predictions such as "may well pick up" and "if things go their way."
His name on here was Smudger.  But you wouldn''t be sad enough to have two accounts on the go, would you now?
By the way, no club has had six points at this stage of the season and survived. Villa may be the first but I doubt you would put your money on it.