Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Yes or no

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]Interesting, the tidal wave of fans wanting the Messiah back looks unstoppable[/quote]Makes you wonder what kind of saddo would register six accounts within three days back in October but not use them until today Waveney. [:$]

Just a quick clarification, how is AN doing well or a good jod at present? 1 win in 12, tinkers with the team week in week out, doesn''t know who his best 11 are and has the same record and style as Hughton!

By what measure is AN a good manager and doing a good job?

Not being negative but it''s hard to defend AN at the moment isn''t it?

And No thanks to Lambert did a great jod but that''s in the past.

And one last question, where are these board members and our new chairman, from the email by the club it sounded like they had replacements lined up?

Latest update.......Waveney Canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley / Thorpe End Canary / River End Canary / Marvin Fairlady / Lowestoft Canary / Norwich4life / Herr Flick / Humpty the canary / Wizard of Waveney / Canary fun and games / Haven Canary / Lowestoft Determined Canary / flake district canary / Down in the Chumps / Adnams Out / Cheap Cheap Canaries / What Crisis?  / Even Keel  / King street canary / Chestnut canary / Ellie Goulding / Jeff butler / john thaw / John tree / Canary buffet / The beautiful south / Festive Canary / Canary Island / River End Canary / Lowestoft Canary / Hopeful Canary / dauphinoise Potatoes / The Phantom / Hector Prune / Harry Kidd / Alexander the Great / Toby Juggs / Norwich Crazy / Canary Fest / Canary Dogg / Stiflers Mom / Guy Burgess / Sir Anthony Blunt / Miss Bum Bum / Talented Canary / e / Canary Legend / Trawling canary / Canary from the Waveney Valley (2) / Dave from Lowestoft / Stylish Canary / Earl of the Carra / Disco Dale / Prince of Darkness / Jinky Jim / Billy the Kid / Covert Canary / Eaton Ron  / Prolific Canary / Captain Canary /     [:''(]

This "doesn''t know who his best 11 is" argument is really behind the times. AN was very clear at the recent meeting that every game is treated separately and he picks a team based on the agreed strategy to give us the best chance of getting points.

We will not have a settled XI this season for that reason.

It is a strategic decision rather than a weakness.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Well look at that 3 first time posters on the bounce all registered on the same day in October ! Now i wonder who''s DNA is all over them ?[/quote]Donald Trump''s?

No he''s not needed. We have a better manager already.

Indy- Playing more defensive doesn''t mean we play like a Hughton team. The problem was not being defensive, it was attacking with no speed and inching their way up the pitch. Alex Neils team even when lining up more defensively allows the team to mix it up and attack with pace, keep possession or go more direct at times. Nothing like under Hughton.

[quote user="Bor"]This "doesn''t know who his best 11 is" argument is really behind the times. AN was very clear at the recent meeting that every game is treated separately and he picks a team based on the agreed strategy to give us the best chance of getting points.

We will not have a settled XI this season for that reason.

It is a strategic decision rather than a weakness.[/quote]That ''strategic'' decision IS a weakness!

[quote user="Indy"]That''s working well isn''t it Bor?[/quote]

A point from Arsenal and a point from Everton. Beating Bournemouth and Swansea and Sunderland. It has its ups and downs. I still say 15th.

Did you not see the Watford game? That was Hughtonesque!

But I''m still waiting by what measure AN is doing a good job? We''re in the bottom 3, won & one game in twelve in the league.

Hughton started with a 10 game unbeaten run, looked like a well balanced side then we went all defensive, struggled for wins ultimately relegated the following season. I see similarities with both managers.

[quote user="Bor"][quote user="Indy"]That''s working well isn''t it Bor?[/quote]

A point from Arsenal and a point from Everton. Beating Bournemouth and Swansea and Sunderland. It has its ups and downs. I still say 15th.[/quote]

That''s all well and good, but we back each half decent result with an utterly useless performance against teams who we should be competing with!

I bet we get a point at Spurs then lose to Villa! Man U are vulnerable with all their injuries but given our run this season, when teams need a lift playing us is the perfect tonic, just look at Southampton & Newcastle,

Yes we can compete as shown against Liverpool Arsenal & Everton, but we lack consistency that''s what will cost us.

No. Couldn''t do any good at Villa and won''t here. Plus he''s just taken a job. So no.

I''ve just looked and Blackburn Rovers, Lamberts Current employer, are a mid table championship team... the same Paul Lambert who took a mid table Premiership side and turned them into relegation material at Villa..he also never finished as High as his successor did for us in the top flight...why would we appoint some joker from a division lower?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]I''ve just looked and Blackburn Rovers, Lamberts Current employer, are a mid table championship team... the same Paul Lambert who took a mid table Premiership side and turned them into relegation material at Villa..he also never finished as High as his successor did for us in the top flight...why would we appoint some joker from a division lower?[/quote]Well that''s the two extremes sewn up!  What''s for supper?

[quote user="Bor"]Let''s be accurate. Houghton started with a 5-0 loss at Fulham and all looked bleak until October started the 10 game run.[/quote]

I''m still waiting for anyone including you to say why he''s doing a good job? Surely if you''re his employer you would be marking his cards and applying some pressure?

Why do you think he deserves to stay on as our manager on this seasons performance?

I''d like to be convinced, not that I want a replacement as there is no one out there that could improve our championship players, in my view.

Would losing to Man U, Spurs and Villa on the bounce see a replacement or will the board give AN the rest of the season?

Interesting to see if the board with its new Chairman will do.

[quote user="AJ"]No. Couldn''t do any good at Villa and won''t here. Plus he''s just taken a job. So no.[/quote]What makes you think that should be a concern for Lambert?

Yes from me , kept a much weaker squad than the one Neil now has in the top flight , Villa have been a relegation waiting to happen for years and two managers since Lambert have so far feared no better and going by their position a whole lot worse .Lambert is the best manager Norwich have had for years took a league 1 side up to the Prem and kept them there , Alex Neil took on the best squad in the Championship and moved them up a few places to third then won the play offs hardly a comparable achievement .Even with the weak squad we have now Lambert i feel would have kept us up this season while right now its hard to picture when Neil will get another win let alone enough points for survival , coming up to Christmas and we have managed to beat Sunderland ,Swansea , and Bournemouth , not good enough even by Hughtons standard .