Sign in to follow this  
ca

Man Utd - Injury List

They had 8 of their first team regulars missing against Bournemouth and you can add Lingard to that list now as he wont be fit for next weekend''s game
We are playing them at the right time arent we??

J Lingard - Striker/Midfield -  Knock - No return date

C Smalling - CB - Groin/Pelvis Injury - due back in trianing 19th Dec

M Darmian - RB - Hamstring - due back in trianing 19th Dec

M Rojo - LB -  Dislocated Shoulder - No return date

Rooney -  Striker - Ankle Injury - due back in training 28th Dec

A Herrara - Midfield - Hamstring - due back in traning 19th Dec

Valencia -  Winger/RB - Ankle Injury - Due back Feb 2016

Luke Shaw - LB -  Broken Leg - Due back April 2016
Bastian Schweinsteiger - suspended

England''s record goalscorer being missing for them won''t matter a jot as he only scores penalties and tap-ins against American Samoa. In fact, his absence will probably make United stronger.

Problem is that we''ll shoot ourselves in the foot by not starting Lafferty.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="UpperBarclay"]If Van Gaal keeps his job we have a chance. If he''s sacked and Giggs steps in it will be difficult.[/quote]The last time Giggs managed against Norwich he just shaded it 4-0 so good luck with that [;)][/quote]Good luck with what?  He said if Giggs stepped in, it will be difficult!  [:^)]

[quote user="cityangel"]They had 8 of their first team regulars missing against Bournemouth and you can add Lingard to that list now as he wont be fit for next weekend''s game
We are playing them at the right time arent we??

J Lingard - Striker/Midfield -  Knock - No return date

C Smalling - CB - Groin/Pelvis Injury - due back in trianing 19th Dec

M Darmian - RB - Hamstring - due back in trianing 19th Dec

M Rojo - LB -  Dislocated Shoulder - No return date

Rooney -  Striker - Ankle Injury - due back in training 28th Dec

A Herrara - Midfield - Hamstring - due back in traning 19th Dec

Valencia -  Winger/RB - Ankle Injury - Due back Feb 2016

Luke Shaw - LB -  Broken Leg - Due back April 2016
Bastian Schweinsteiger - suspended
[/quote]

.......and along come Norwich.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="UpperBarclay"]If Van Gaal keeps his job we have a chance. If he''s sacked and Giggs steps in it will be difficult.[/quote]The last time Giggs managed against Norwich he just shaded it 4-0 so good luck with that [;)][/quote]Er, exactly my point!

[quote user="UpperBarclay"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="UpperBarclay"]If Van Gaal keeps his job we have a chance. If he''s sacked and Giggs steps in it will be difficult.[/quote]The last time Giggs managed against Norwich he just shaded it 4-0 so good luck with that [;)][/quote]Er, exactly my point! [/quote]Fair play.I knew I needed new glasses [:$]

Blimey City Angel I admire your optimism

Now if Martial and Mata were to get crocked in mid week

i might share a little bit of it

We will dig in admirably no doubt as we always seem to against the better teams but we can''t see us getting a result tbh

I was having similar thoughts even before Bournemouth''s win. I think a point is well within our grasp and ... you never know... although a win is highly unlikely. When was the last time a Norwich side left Old Trafford with three points?

Lots of unrest around Old Trafford at the moment, fans are getting on the manager''s and players'' backs and their current defence is nothing to fear with all the injuries. Keep it tight for the first 60mins and try to play a reasonably high line, Brady & Redmond on the counter. Attacking players need to put Man U possession under serious pressure in this match and no silly mistakes in our own half. Tettey to keep an eye on Mata. I wonder will Martin be in at right-back? Wes took a knock yesterday and I''m assuming he won''t be starting, which is a blow in my book as his vision and control gives a much-needed outlet. If Wes is out, AN will probably start Howson, which I''m unsure about on current form but I can see why he might. Despite his poor miss yesterday, I''d give Jerome another start next week. I think he could do the donkey work for the first 65/70 mins and then necessary changes could be made, possibly two up top with Mbokani. We need Jarvis back to give different options from the bench, e.g. Brady more central for last 20mins.

What about:

Rudd

Martin Bennett Bassong Olsson

Tettey O''Neil

Redmond Howson Brady

Jerome

Starting to wonder if Odjidja-Ofoe has a future at Carrow Road - I trust AN''s judgement on this one. Is Mulumbu pushing Tettey for a starting spot? I think O''Neil deserves his starting spot at the moment.

On a sidenote regarding our consolidation prospects come next May, how many of the above-mentioned team would be pushing hard to start with other bottom 8 teams? Bassong possibly, perhaps Tettey or Redmond, probably Olsson, Brady the only certainty in my view on what we''ve seen so far this season. Six wins or better will be required from hereon in to stay up. Are we good enough? Villa look down. Who else looks weaker than us at the moment? While we rarely get tanked, you have to win matches and we''re coming up short.

Maybe Old Trafford...

back in 04 we beat Utd at home 2-0 and it inspired us to almost stay up against the odds going on to that final fateful day in Fulham.

Whilst the end result was saddening the importance of a win against a top team propelled us into some spectacular form that almost helped us stay help. Maybe it can happen again but this time at the Theatre of Dreams...