Sign in to follow this  
curious yellow

seasonal question

If your son/daughter made a mistake in the school nativity, would you:

a) tell them that they were very good and hope it builds their confidence for next time

b) boo them, tell them they are rubbish and publicy ridicule them for the next two years

I''d analyse the stats and use them to misrepresent the facts so that I sound clever, for example, it''s obvious that Joseph is deluded if he believes Mary''s ''visited by an Angel'' cover story on the pregnancy.

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]I am assuming that if it is the nativity that the Messiah will make an appearance?[/quote]

Yes, he hangs around long enough for the presents and plaudits and then clears off to Egypt when the going gets tough.

Definitely tell them they are doing a great job but secretly look to buy a new son/daughter for the next production.

Booing will only end in tears

I''d look around for 3 wise men, ok perhaps not, so then I''d seek a load of sheep, a touch easier possibly. If that fails then surely there''s an ass around somewhere and if not then I''ll look for a shining star and follw it blindly, who knows where it may lead?

Just in case there was any doubt the ** was another word for donkey!

Even though he is a leader of men by example and through experience - anyone called Russ will be expelled from taking part due to negative response of the audience.

Steven will play the part of the ''scapegoat'' - a new character that is found barred from entering the stable due to the fact everything is always his fault even when it actually isn''t.

O''Neil will play a Wise Man who has seen it all before. A Tettey must constantly give their present away and then barge people over after realising he''s lost his gift for Jesus. Jerome will play the 3rd and final Wise Man who sets off after the bright star in the sky but ends up a million miles away as he missed the target...

Someone named Paul will play the part of the messiah but find out that actually he isn''t really that good at anything other than growing a beard when things aren''t going so well any more.