Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

40 points

With Bournemouth and Newcastle getting their act together and Sunderland (despite losing on Saturday) showing signs of improvement, it is doubtful that 40 points - already an optimistic target for NCFC - will be enough to beat the drop this year

It''s good that you are ''already an optimistic''

More to the point, Thetford, I see your mob are playing against Bradley Johnson + Derby. I''m sure he will love to score against the Scum, enjoy the game!

[quote user="Prince of Darkness "]I think it is time for Ricardo to give us his view on the points requirement[/quote]We will certainly require a lot fewer than 40 points to stay up.Last season 6 teams failed to get 40 points and the season before that 7 teams failed to do the same. I expect that at least 5 will fail to reach that mark this season. 35/36 points has often been quite enough to stay up.The last time a team was relegated with over 40 points was West Ham in 2002/03.The way this season is shaping up I would suspect that 37/38 points should be quite safe.

I think 36 might even be enough this year.

That''s only 23 points to get - 7 wins and a few draws. Doesn''t sound so bad does it

[quote user="AJ"]I think 36 might even be enough this year.

That''s only 23 points to get - 7 wins and a few draws. Doesn''t sound so bad does it[/quote]Easier said than done.[Y]

[quote user="AJ"]Shush![/quote]22 games to go6 wins6 draws10 defeats24 points + 14 = 38When you say it quick it even sounds possible.[:D]

Not very often that 40 is needed often 36 to 38 range is enough. What the last 2 weeks has shown is that things can change very very quickly both for good and bad. any side that can put a little run of wins and draws together can pull away from the bottom for a while. Still lots of games to go and we are due the odd unexpected win against a fancied side

Our current form in the relegation mini-league™ is as follows:
With 6 games left to play, we are trending to score 13-14 points from these 6 games alone.
Team
Played
Norwich City
Swansea
Newcastle
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Bournemouth