Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Leicester

This Leicester fairytale just keeps rumbling on - I know some people say it will come unstuck but I am not so sure - they seem to have a great work ethic and a player who knows where the net is - oh for those heady heights

I posted in another thread on 1st January last season they were bottom with 14 points from 20 games.

One thing I read was they have 6 players (I think) in the top 10 fastest players in the PL this season. Is that the formula for their success? Obviously need talented players but the counter attack works so well for them. Would be interesting to see how much their starting 11 cost. I know they will be paying much higher wages than us which always goes against us.

a lot to do with the manager who has these players playing good football I heard on the radio that this Leicester team didn''t cost that much at all so more manager than board

it proves right manager right time right moment right players get results

I think about 5 or six players cost less than 1 millon

It is interesting to see what clubs with a similar stature to ours can achieve.

I''m by no means a Delia hater, but I just can''t foresee us doing a Leicester/Swansea/Southampton under the current ownership.

Whilst Leicester are doing really well, I don''t think they''ll do quite as well in the second half of the season because teams will be more wary second time around.

Also, if they get injury problems like other teams (i.e. to Vardy/Mahrez) then they would be significantly less threatening.

As bad as we apparently are we are only 1 point behind Chelsea and only one goal worse off in goal difference. There must be something seriously wrong going on behind the scenes.

Watching the game tonight and it seems as if EVERYTHING is going for them and don''t seem to be experiencing any bad luck whatsoever (not just this game but all season) - quite bizarre really

Not gonna lie. i''m pretty jealous! I''d love us to have at least one season at this level I actually enjoyed. Closest we''ve come is that Lambert season.

Yeah got to agree with you Tettey it was somewhat jealousy that prompted me to start the post - like you it would be great to have at least one season where we are comfortable and can enjoy it - must admit the seasons in the Championship have been far more enjoyable instead of this constant struggle at the bottom of the Prem

I think we should offer the chief scout of Leicester a offer he can not refuse !!!! all those players transfer wise ( don''t know wages ) we could afford when they were bought

They''ve still got most of the same players as last season where they really struggled for the whole season, well except those last 10 games.

Whats interesting is that they aren''t playing that differently to those last 10 games under Pearson. I thought Ranieri would be good for them, but had no idea he''d be this good.

You look at Vardy........you think of Grabban.......you weep.......

You look at Mahrez.....you think of Redmond......you weep......

You look at Kante.....you think of Howson.......you weep......

....and all three for an extra paltry £2.5m.....

You think of Leicester''s scouting system.....you think of Norwich''s scouting system.....and the only thing that comes to mind is van Wolfswinkle........

Unbelievable Jeff. I really, really hope they can maintain this form and pull off a shock league title. Would be fantastic as a football fan for a non big 4 team to waltz in under their noses with good old fashioned route one football!

Unique, Kante cost over £5million. He''s also a defensive midfielder, so you might want to compare him Tettey.

I''ll agree with you about their scouting setup compared to ours, though. An issue that must be rectified.

You did.

It might be fairer to compare Kante with Tettey as he has scored the same number of goals as Howson and created more chances.......from his more defensive position.........

[quote user="AJ"]Unbelievable Jeff. I really, really hope they can maintain this form and pull off a shock league title. Would be fantastic as a football fan for a non big 4 team to waltz in under their noses with good old fashioned route one football![/quote]League Champions looks unlikely but no one who''s been in their position at this stage of the season has yet failed to finish in the top four.Leicester in the Champions League ? Sounds a bit daft but would be a nice change if it happens ( as long as they don''t have those stupid happy-clappy things for every televised home match....drives you round the bend ! )

I think it''s great that Leicester are upsetting the big boys. I''m especially pleased for Ranieri who I briefly met many years ago and was charming to us Norwich supporters he spoke to.

It''s great for us and clubs like us too because it shows what''s possible. But why people are using it to attack our club is beyond me. We could have this wonderful investor and be nowhere near where we are now let alone where Leicester are. There''s far more comparable clubs below us than above us many of whom have enjoyed Leicester type investment. It''s great to want to be where they are but not great to attack our club for the success we''ve had. Very few clubs get a season in the sun. Lets hope it''s our turn next.

Sorry, not quite sure who you''re comparing to who there, Unique. Howson''s scored one and created 15 chances, while Tettey''s scored none and create one chance (using Squawka). I''m guessing you mean Kante has the same number of goals and one more chance than Howson.

In relation to our scouting network, if you''ve not read them already, these two articles show how thorough Leicester are:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/nov/23/leicester-city-claudio-ranieri-jamie-vardy-summit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220155/Jamie-Vardy-Riyad-Mahrez-Shinji-Okazaki-Leicester-City-Premier-League-s-BARGAIN-HUNTERS.html