Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Defensive or Attacking at OLD TRAFORD ?

If I was in Alex Neils shoes then my game plan would be to press them high and attack, attack, attack.

If ever there is a good time to play Man Utd and attack them at there own ground then surely this must be it.

I just hope he does not setup ultra defensive and we slip to the inevitable narrow defeat.

Mbokani must start ideally with someone close to him, Hoolahan/Redmond perhaps. Cannot for the life of me understand why he is not starting. Every time I have seen him he is committed, powerful, good in the air and gives defenders a torrid time.

Would love to see Mbokani play with either Cam Jam or A N other alongside him.

Attack or Defensive setup?

It doesn''t matter either way, we''re going to get relegated if we win, we''ll be lucky to finish 19th if we lose and if its a draw it''ll prove that we''re all stupid because we didn''t go for a win in the last 20 minutes.

Blimey TCCANARY you are a happy soul.

Why do you bother posting negative rubbish on here or in fact why do you follow NCFC at all, if you dislike it that much.

Do us a favour and go and follow someone else.

Like the way I used the word FOLLOW because I bet thats all you do. You are not a supporter thats for sure.

Got to attack this game.

With Van Gaal feeling the heat, getting Old Trafford to turn on him in this game will only enhance our chances.

To come there and try to defend a 0-0 or 1-1 will be terrible.

In the end, such a strategy will se us losing 2-1 or 1-0, and another chance of getting 3 (unlikely) points missed.

Dropping into the relegation zone may well galvanize the team a bit, and maybe instill a type of "nothing to lose" mentality.

If so, we can be dangerous. If we try to be too clever, we dig our own graves, as seen so often.

With Rooney off form, Martial no more dangerous than Jerome, and the press wying for Van Gaal blood, now is our chance.

Never mind the danger...

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Blimey TCCANARY you are a happy soul. Why do you bother posting negative rubbish on here or in fact why do you follow NCFC at all, if you dislike it that much. Do us a favour and go and follow someone else. Like the way I used the word FOLLOW because I bet thats all you do. You are not a supporter thats for sure.[/quote]

WHOOOSH!

A mixture, of course, but the worst would be to sit back, because they will find a way through our error prone defence.

Bennett and Rudd must start, with fast attacks down the wings by backs and wingers. Above all we need commitment and a willingness to run and run, as well as passing better. Leicester beat Chelsea yesterday by being quick into tackles, running into spaces and moving the ball quickly.

For t

Man U attack so slowly so I''m with the OP on this one. Redmond on the right, Brady on the left, Jerome upfront.

I wonder instead of playing Wes if Lafferty could actually come on for this one as well, seems perfect for his game.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Man U attack so slowly so I''m with the OP on this one. Redmond on the right, Brady on the left, Jerome upfront.

I wonder instead of playing Wes if Lafferty could actually come on for this one as well, seems perfect for his game.[/quote]
Must be joking

Why?

I doubt AN will do it, but I''d at least have Laffs on the bench. Him and Jerome are our best strikers at closing the defence down.

You''re not scapegoating Lafferty are you?

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Why?

I doubt AN will do it, but I''d at least have Laffs on the bench. Him and Jerome are our best strikers at closing the defence down.

You''re not scapegoating Lafferty are you?[/quote]
I think Lafferty is 4th choice for a reason.

I''m going to talk more about Lafferty now :)

I think AN knows generally what he''s doing and Laffs has been left out for a reason. As Hog says, he''s 4th choice and will most likely be sold in January, however I brought him up because simply that is the team that I''d put out as I think he''d be perfect for this game due to the opposition (building up their attack so slow). This is simply what I''d do, is that ok? Perhaps people could get their fingers out of my @rsehole.