Sign in to follow this  
Buh

"I sit next to a right weirdo at Carrow road and this is what he did"

The mood definitely needs to be lifted on here it''s getting a bit dour! I''ve seen these threads on here before and they always make me laugh so I thought I''d start one.

I''m woefully limited on stories. The guys around me are generally pretty dull. I get the odd tug on the back for standing if we score or if I explode at a ref but no real mental stories.

Do you sit next to "cheese board"? What''s your funniest/weirdest story about someone who sits near you

i remember when we played spurs once and i couldn''t believe my eyes as about 3 fans who always sat in front of me season ticket holders turned into spurs fans / Norfolk cockneys for that game and jumped up and cheered when they scored well imagine people around them shouted sit down get out etc

who did they single out of all the Norwich fans shouting at them the bloke next to me asking him outside being total to$$ers

the boy who sits next to me must of been in his 20''s nice quiet bloke slim build he was sat in them seats for 3 seasons so spoke to him quite a bit season ticket holder with his girlfriend

they sat down when i stood up as they were a lot smaller than me and my friend and thought better of it

but every game since that day i always make sure i speak to the slim bloke who sits next to me and make sure he is ok

the one in front he gets at least one kick in the back of the seat during a game

[quote user="Buh"]The mood definitely needs to be lifted on here it''s getting a bit dour! I''ve seen these threads on here before and they always make me laugh so I thought I''d start one.

I''m woefully limited on stories. The guys around me are generally pretty dull. I get the odd tug on the back for standing if we score or if I explode at a ref but no real mental stories.

Do you sit next to "cheese board"? What''s your funniest/weirdest story about someone who sits near you[/quote]

Have you considered a career as an after-dinner speaker? F***ing hell….

All cheques for my after dinner speaking at Portman Road to be payable to St. John''s ambulance please

Anyone remember the guy that used to get up on the wall between the Barclay and the Snakepit and do a swimming celebration everytime we scored? Always used to make laugh and everytime we scored which admittedly wasn''t very often back then I always looked over to that corner straight away to see if he was doing it.

The last time I saw it must have been the 08/09 season as I never saw it from the League One season onwards so always wondered if perhaps he was one of the season ticket 2?

During the first Leg of the Youth Cup final i was sat next to a very vocal Chelski fan, he was not happy all game, saying(to himself mostly, as he was alone), ''''why havent we scored? these carrot crunchers are gonna do us?fcuk me them wingers are quick, that centre forward aint u18'''' etc etc, then in the final minute , as were given a penalty, i said to him ,''''you''re right mate, you should have scored , those wingers are fast, we are gonna do you, oh, and by the way , that centre forward is u18''...he looked at me as if i was mad...... ''WTF are you talking about, i''ve kept my mouth shut cos i''m surrounded by Norwich fans''......he must have some kind of unconscious footy tourrettes.

I bet he was a real laugh to sit next last night!!!

When City played at Scunthorpe in 2007 it was the last Saturday match before Christmas, and an away game I would not normally attend. But, as the last time City had played at Scunny was before I had even been born it was an away trip I thought I should do. Of course there was a free Xmas bash on the Friday before but I wasn’t going to let the thought of an early departure spoil my Friday night out.

My Saturday idea was to drive to a meet point near the M25/M40 junction to be picked up, but my free party turned out to be a very late affair and I was in no state to drive at 8.00am the next day. I had a back-up plan and caught the tube to Uxbridge and walked the two miles or so to the meet point.

A couple of hours sleep in the car and a Lucozade later we were in the big pub next to the ground (The Farmhouse?) around 11.45am and I doubt even then that I was under the legal limit to drive. Despite my best intentions of ordering a pint of Orange Juice and lemonade I ended up with a Heineken Export and those pints topping me back up to last night’s levels tasted as good as ever.

Three hours later full of hooligan juice I’m in the ground ready for the game and struck up a short conversation with the man next to me. Somehow the conversation turned to the PinkUn Message Board, he asked me if I posted on there. I can’t remember my exact words but they were less than complimentary about the place (yes I know I have well over 1000 posts most of which are complete rubbish) and the conversation was quite limited after that. I was only later that realised that I probably insulted him and he might well have been a regular poster on there. Or he could have caught a whiff of my breath. Who knows?

So – sorry to the man at Scunthorpe who I might insulted who had the misfortune to be next to me that day.

And the game? We saw an epic central defensive performance from the Doc, a good piece of play from Jimmy Smith that led to our winning goal, a goal our Jamie and an all too rare away win. It really was one of those days.

This thread is inspired by a similar thread a few years ago and a story about a guy that used to come to each game with a whole cooked chicken from morrisons and basically spend the match re-enacting a medieval banquet. With plenty of juices everywhere. Lovely.

The old bloke 3 rows in front has a Donald Trump style combover, we all thought it was real.

Last Christmas when the weather was really bad a big wind came into the stand and the combover, which turned out to be a wig, flew off. The crowd enjoyed it but what was even better was the fact that it landed in the face of the baldy behind him.

[quote user="Buh"]This thread is inspired by a similar thread a few years ago and a story about a guy that used to come to each game with a whole cooked chicken from morrisons and basically spend the match re-enacting a medieval banquet. With plenty of juices everywhere. Lovely.[/quote]

It''s the way you tell ''em

I don''t think we''ve had a better story teller since Ardee left us. I cried with laughter reading a couple of his stories. Anyone got a link?

Who was that poster on here who wanted to punch a fan hard in the face just because they were different to them?the funniest story i''ve ever read was definately the "is Daryl Sutch Mental thread".. it still exists but the original post removed :(