Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Belief in teammates our teams problem ?

I was watching sky sports Leicester vs Chelsea and a lot was said about the belief the Leicester team have in their teammates

and I can see the point maybe that is where we are falling short as well as quality

did ruddy have belief in his defenders winning the ball did the defenders have belief in him ??

do our strikers have belief in the wide men delivering the ball where they want it creating chances

I don''t know how you can solve this but it could explain why other players are covering for teammates just in case they don''t make a challenge don''t block and it is pulling us here there and everywhere

strikers not got the belief Redmond will beat his man so don''t make that run sooner

you thoughts ?

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]I think you''re onto something here. When you struggle to keep clean sheets this will add extra pressure to the attackers to get goals, for example.[/quote]

Oh, the genius is talking. Infact, 3 hole lines of text. Amazed.

Apart from that little digression, yes, there is little belief in the team mates.

Good example being when Redmond won a header in the 2nd half vs Everton, and Jerome would have been clean through had he bother to gamble on Redmond winning it.

But he did not, stood on his heels, and chance gone.

Also noticeble when the ball is played in behind the lines, for Redmond to chase. Few midfielder bomb on into the box for the (eventual) cross. Instead they jog forward in painstakingly slow pace, almost like they are expecting the move to break down.

The lack of a good leader like (Dublin/Holt) or a game changer (Huckerby) we are lacking these characters. Selling Bradly dosen''t help either and now we playing a more defensive game he would have bagged a goal or two.

So grefstad, I get attacked on another thread for having pops at you and you follow me to another thread and start off your first post, with......... a pop at a fellow poster.Either a sense of irony is lost on you or you''re a parody account.

[quote user="Wes Hooly Fan"]So grefstad, I get attacked on another thread for having pops at you and you follow me to another thread and start off your first post, with......... a pop at a fellow poster.Either a sense of irony is lost on you or you''re a parody account.[/quote]

No irony. Just being streetwise. Seems it is going rate around here. Pops all around. Make the world better, agreed?

I don''t think it''s anything to do with belief, I think it''s more to do with confidence.

Leicester are on a real high, every player is playing with confidence, we''re in the bottom 3 so confidence is lacking.

If we get a result at Man U and thrash Villa, confidence will surge thru the team and we''ll see a different Norwich

[quote user="cityangel"]I don''t think it''s anything to do with belief, I think it''s more to do with confidence.

Leicester are on a real high, every player is playing with confidence, we''re in the bottom 3 so confidence is lacking.

If we get a result at Man U and thrash Villa, confidence will surge thru the team and we''ll see a different Norwich[/quote]That''s true but they were in the bottom three for nearly all of last season but somehow regained their confidence.We need an unlikely good result at Old Trafford or a couple of back-to-back wins and see where that takes us.

With the summer antics at Leicester I really believed it would all fall out of the bottom.

But the turnaround has been amazing.

For us though our summer antics following the best result at wembley was poor.

So from a high to a good low. The high did not ask long as realisation is kicking in.

Many of our players were part of NcFC teams that either stayed up by the skin of our teeth and struggled to develop to better prem players. BJ is a great example of a very good champ player but h does not have the attributes to join the best league in the world and show his abilities. The same players, on the whole, who are hear from our relegation season never got the game by the scruff of the neck. They showed how they relied on man management skills to Lift them. AN has acknowledged we need players playing at the top of their game, if only 2-3 are we still do not have enough.

So physically and psychologically those pre championship season and this have shown that belief is highly fragile with our group when the margins can result in relegation.

Our new group have lifted us slightly but we now need a huge lift in January. The window can save our season or we can stay on this course. Where we may get 17th

With villa in crisis and possibly Sunderland and Newcastle we have to jump on and push. Bournemouth will slip back but the window is desperately needed to lift the fragile confidence of our group.

The honeymoon period from our wembley experience was short lived, which is a shame.

[quote user="smooth"]With the summer antics at Leicester I really believed it would all fall out of the bottom.

But the turnaround has been amazing.

For us though our summer antics following the best result at wembley was poor.

So from a high to a good low. The high did not ask long as realisation is kicking in.

Many of our players were part of NcFC teams that either stayed up by the skin of our teeth and struggled to develop to better prem players. BJ is a great example of a very good champ player but h does not have the attributes to join the best league in the world and show his abilities. The same players, on the whole, who are hear from our relegation season never got the game by the scruff of the neck. They showed how they relied on man management skills to Lift them. AN has acknowledged we need players playing at the top of their game, if only 2-3 are we still do not have enough.

So physically and psychologically those pre championship season and this have shown that belief is highly fragile with our group when the margins can result in relegation.

Our new group have lifted us slightly but we now need a huge lift in January. The window can save our season or we can stay on this course. Where we may get 17th

With villa in crisis and possibly Sunderland and Newcastle we have to jump on and push. Bournemouth will slip back but the window is desperately needed to lift the fragile confidence of our group.

The honeymoon period from our wembley experience was short lived, which is a shame.[/quote]
Winning the Championship Play-Off Final is certainly a high but not a firm foundation for optimism about the season ahead (see 
Why the Championship Play-Off Finals (don''t) matter). There is still an almost complete lack of realism among many posters on here. The problems we experienced under Hughton and are experiencing now under AN can all be traced back to our meteoric rise from League One to Premier League under Lambert, which followed several years of deterioration. The teams with which people keep comparing us as a means of criticising the board (Swansea, Southampton, Leicester, Bournemouth, Watford) were able to build slowly and steadily over several years outside the PL. The team we should take as our model is the West Brom of several years ago, who yo-yo-ed between the top and second tier, returning to the PL that little bit stronger each time and eventually strong enough to establish themselves.