Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Francis looked happy

For a man, supposedly ''busting a gut'' to get away from City, I must say Francis looked extremely happy and content with life in training, on Anglia News last night.

Could we, no, you, have done him a big wrong here?. I''ve been pro Francis on this subject all along.

Now its rumoured on here that we''ve just turned down a second bid for him, from Portsmouth, hmm?.

Stick with us Damo, you know it makes sense my son!. 

Sooner he goes and the better - get rid of someone who has no allegiance to or passion for the club and get some more money in for Wortho to spend in the right places.

i agree whiz, if he stays i will be happy about it.

IF he goes, its another decent midfielder we need to replace, and a big loss. I would much rather have him on our pitch than having to play against him on someone else''s

I haven''t got a problem with him staying, AS LONG AS he shows commitment.

If he intends to play in the same mode as the last few months, then he can SOD OFF (that''s ''wizard speak''), but I can''t think he would dare put in more performances like the Craven Cottage one.

Of course Francis is happy; he''s collecting his £6.5k a week and strolling around putting in very little effort. Life is easy.

If he''s committed to us, then I''d like him to stay...but from the ''performances'' after the West Brom game and in particular the disgraceful showing against Fulham, I find it very hard to believe he''s got the desire to play for Norwich City. I find that level of performance unnacceptable.

I''d play Jonson in centre midfield alongside Safri if we sold Francis...Jonson has all the attributes needed: Amazing workrate, committed, good on the ball, quick, great in the air and knows how to finish in front of goal.

Francis is a player that i have all ways liked but he seems to have lost his passion for wearing the shirt and im sorry but if you don''t have that passion for that shirt you shouldn''t be a city payer

[quote]Sooner he goes and the better - get rid of someone who has no allegiance to or passion for the club and get some more money in for Wortho to spend in the right places.[/quote]

Have you spoken to Damo personally about this Dicky?.

No rumours or dubious interviews mind, just you, mono on mono!.

Until then, maybe we should believe he wishes to stay.

He''s that good, you know.

[quote]Of course Francis is happy; he''s collecting his £6.5k a week and strolling around putting in very little effort. Life is easy. If he''s committed to us, then I''d like him to stay...but from the ''perfo...[/quote]

Whilst not wishing to deflect this thread away from the Francis issue, Campbell, I''ve always seen Jonson (great player I agree) out wide in a more attacking role than Francis.

I think Worthy does too!.

Although I think some might question your comment ''Knows how to finish in front of goal''.

[quote]i agree whiz, if he stays i will be happy about it. IF he goes, its another decent midfielder we need to replace, and a big loss. I would much rather have him on our pitch than having to play against...[/quote]

what will you do if he plays the first half of the season like he finished the second half of last season.can you seriously say you like players playing for our club when they feel like it.i cant work some peaple out on this board.does it not annoy you when players are not putting the effort in. if it does why do you want to keep him please spell it out for me.

[quote]Whilst not wishing to deflect this thread away from the Francis issue, Campbell, I''ve always seen Jonson (great player I agree) out wide in a more attacking role than Francis. I think Worthy does too...[/quote]

Jonson is not a wide player...Nigel Worthington converts quick strikers to wingers on a regular basis, but Jonson is the type of player who needs to be in the thick of the action, not stuck out wide. He''s intelligent with the ball and enjoys the battle of the game. If you just remember the sublime pass laid on for Ryan Jarvis against Liverpool then you already know what Jonson can do in a more central position.

If you played Jonson in the middle of the park, as the more attacking player of a two, he''d be a revelation.

As for finishing infront of goal, I can''t actually think of any chances he''s had apart from one difficult attempt against Everton...and having seen him many times for Brondby, I can assure you he knows how to finish.

[quote]Have you spoken to Damo personally about this Dicky?. No rumours or dubious interviews mind, just you, mono on mono!. Until then, maybe we should believe he wishes to stay. He''s that good, you kno...[/quote]

Wiz - spoken to Damo about what?  I know what I saw when he was wandering around the pitch avoiding any sort of physical contact and basically taking the p*ss out of the Norwich supporters.  Why do I need to speak to the lazy so and so about it.

Wiz I can only assume you didn''t see many games in the second half of the season otherwise you would not be disagreeing.

According to the regional sport page on ITV Ceefax (pg470), Pompey have made a final take-it-or-leave-it offer of £1.75 million for Francis! This is an increase on the £1.4 million bid they earlier made but they have made it clear that they are not prepared to entertain an deal that sees Primus join Norwich as part of the package!!!

[quote]Wiz - spoken to Damo about what? I know what I saw when he was wandering around the pitch avoiding any sort of physical contact and basically taking the p*ss out of the Norwich supporters. Why do I ...[/quote]

Dicky: If we''re talking about the Fulham game, no, I didn''t get to see that, so I''ll bow to you on that one.

But what home games I did manage to see in the second half of the season, I saw a player who was at times, good, and other times, average.

But as for taking the ''p'' out of City supporters, No, I didn''t see that either.

Alex: I like Primus, but there is a limit!, if Portsmouth wish to get all stroppy, stuff them and Linvoy!.

I have now removed my charm spell, and ''HE'' mark II, won''t be coming here now.

That''ll teach them!.  

[quote]Of course Francis is happy; he''s collecting his £6.5k a week and strolling around putting in very little effort. Life is easy. If he''s committed to us, then I''d like him to stay...but from the ''perfo...[/quote]

So Jonson knows how to finish in front of goal!!!!

What evidence is there to support this?

And don''t give me that excuse about him being played out of position.

a) He did have chances and failed dismally taken them

b) who would have seriously played him up front instead of DA/LM/MS or DH?

He''s a hard working journey-man. Nothing more nothing less.

According to Sky Sports, Worthington is keen to hold on to Francis but is aware that the lure of the premiership may mean he moves on! Could this mean that Francis is in Worthy''s plans and any problems betwen the two concerning his attitude have been resolved??

If Norwich turn down Pompey''s latest bid then I think we can safely say that Worthy does want to keep Francis. If Nigel wanted him out then I''m sure he would jump at £1.75 million for a player we payed so little for and who may be of little value to us this season if he himself wants out!

I think it''s a case of watch this space!!!

I wonder if we will make a separate bid for Primus? I''d prefer us to use the money to chase Taylor as I think with Shacks, Doherty, Fleming and possibly Charlton, we have sufficient cover at centre back for the Champ!

[quote]I haven''t got a problem with him staying, AS LONG AS he shows commitment. If he intends to play in the same mode as the last few months, then he can SOD OFF (that''s ''wizard speak''), but I can''t think...[/quote]

Exactly right C and L. If he''s committed he''s a great player.  I don''t think he is committed though.  Take the money and run I say

[quote]So Jonson knows how to finish in front of goal!!!! What evidence is there to support this? And don''t give me that excuse about him being played out of position. a) He did have chances and failed d...[/quote]

If you read my entire post, you would see that I said I saw Jonson play many times for his previous club...and he is a good finisher. It''s a fact. He wouldn''t have got in the Swedish squad for the past 6 years if he was a ''hard working journey-man'' would he?

Jonson is better than Svensson and McKenzie up front, that''s a fact too.

How many chances did Jonson have where you thought "He should score here..."?

That''s right, I can''t think of one either.