Sign in to follow this  
Mr Jenkins

Are the club so * scared about something that they want to stifle debate

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]It''s all getting silly Herman, perhaps I missed something?[/quote]

Well if you did I did too Mr Jenkins.

6 months ago it was "our" club. Everybody was gagging to be seen as part of that great Wembley triumph. Now it''s "the" club or "them". Why? Well basically because we haven''t won enough games so people want to somehow remove themselves from "our club" until we win a few. A victory at Old Trafford would probably be a short term fix until we lost a couple more.

There will always be stuff going on at a PL club. But ours is the most open of the twenty. If you''d been to our NCFSC event last week, that was open to all, you''ll have seen the entire first team management and coaching team openly answering any questions from supporters. There was never even a hint of any questions being disallowed or not answered. Besides this I saw David McNally and Ricky Martin happily chatting to people at the bar. If you think this happens at all the other PL clubs then you''re in cloud cuckoo land.

I''m not surprised libelous stuff gets removed from here. Archant wouldn''t want to have their relationship with the club threatened by anonymous people with dubious motives.  

That''s all good Nigel and I am with you all the way. Just don''t ndefstNd what''s gong on on this board at the moment, it seems as if you do so if you have the time or inclination would you mind telling me

LOL I know nothing! Less than most I guess because I don''t get involved in reporting or complaining to Archant. I haven''t got a clue what happened to Wiz. I just see what you see.

I can share something with you. Pete asked me to let him know when I''d updated the Rays funds explaination so that he could pin it back to the top of the board. I did that this afternoon and got a standard "out of office until 24 Dec" reply.

Talking about Rays Funds... isn''t it time you joined in[:^)] [:)]

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]That''s all good Nigel and I am with you all the way. Just don''t ndefstNd what''s gong on on this board at the moment, it seems as if you do so if you have the time or inclination would you mind telling me[/quote]I''m not sure what you have in mind, but if the club was getting Archant to delete stuff then the Ruddy thread, as the prime candidate, would have disappeared by now.There are posts that appear here that are either borderline defamatory or blatantly so (perhaps not surprising since the definition one poster gave a couple of days ago of what was and wasn''t libellous was dangerously wrong in pretty much every respect). That kind of post is always likely to get removed.

Well then I am surely over reacting but I feel a bit uncomfortable seeing so many threads deleted at weird hours of the day and posters removed. Is it all libellous ?

Only one was mate,which got pulled rather quickly. The Wiz saga was probably the final straw for the mods. Nothing unusual, just Wiz being Wiz, but he tends to bring the worst out of posters.

[quote user="Herman "]Only one was mate,which got pulled rather quickly. The Wiz saga was probably the final straw for the mods. Nothing unusual, just Wiz being Wiz, but he tends to bring the worst out of posters.[/quote]Wiz will be back, in the same way Smudger and now City1st are both back. [;)]

Did Iwan''s Big Toe ( I think it was he (or she!)) get banned for that thread re DM and Ricky Martin? If so seems unfair.

I don''t buy any conspiracy theories but its pretty obvious that if the club complain about something potentially libellous that Archant would delete it. Just as if someone posted something libellous about anyone else. Its a debating forum so some stuff close to the border will get posted, and if it oversteps the line then quite rightly it should go. Its a bit of a judgement call but frankly I have been surprised at some things over the years which have been allowed to stay.

Individual poster behaviour is an entirely different matter and there are some who just clog up decent threads with meaningless drivel and confrontational or abusive nonsense. Not sad to see them get banned if that''s the way they want to carry on.

But if a couple of threads for these two reasons have gone at the same time it''s probably just coincidence rather than some club-induced paranoia.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Did Iwan''s Big Toe ( I think it was he (or she!)) get banned for that thread re DM and Ricky Martin? If so seems unfair.

I don''t buy any conspiracy theories but its pretty obvious that if the club complain about something potentially libellous that Archant would delete it. Just as if someone posted something libellous about anyone else. Its a debating forum so some stuff close to the border will get posted, and if it oversteps the line then quite rightly it should go. Its a bit of a judgement call but frankly I have been surprised at some things over the years which have been allowed to stay.

Individual poster behaviour is an entirely different matter and there are some who just clog up decent threads with meaningless drivel and confrontational or abusive nonsense. Not sad to see them get banned if that''s the way they want to carry on.

But if a couple of threads for these two reasons have gone at the same time it''s probably just coincidence rather than some club-induced paranoia.[/quote]Nope, still here. [:)]

Archant code of conduct for the site: it is a wonder any posts are still here.

3. Users must not post messages which:

Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, social or religious groups or people of a different background, users of the Forum or not.

Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.

Make libellous comments about individuals or companies, including Archant newspapers, magazines or websites, and their staff or contributors. The law against defamation protects individuals or organisations from attacks on their reputation. This means the publication of any statement which: exposes them to hatred, ridicule or contempt , causes them to be shunned or avoided, discredits them in their trade, business or profession, or generally lowers them in the eyes of right thinking members of society. Unlike other charges, the onus is on you in cases of libel, as the author, to prove your statement or comment is legal.

Result in contempt of court – do not post anything which could prejudice court proceedings currently or in the future. It is basically contempt of court to comment on any crime once someone has been arrested for it, even if they have not yet been charged. That is when proceedings become active and potential jurors may be swayed by what they read.

Contain explicit language or vulgarities

Use foreign languages

Impersonate or represent any person or entity in an attempt to deceive, harass or otherwise mislead another member.

Incite illegal activity including the glorification of terrorism or incitement to racial hatred.

Infringe intellectual property rights or transmit any material that you don''t have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright or trade secrets)

Link to and/or references content not allowed under these guidelines.

Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant.

Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum.

Include personal information about others, or publish private correspondence or report conversations where there has been a reasonable expectation of privacy from other parties

[quote user="Bor"]Archant code of conduct for the site: it is a wonder any posts are still here.

3. Users must not post messages which:

Are insulting, abusive, racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are individuals or companies, social or religious groups or people of a different background, users of the Forum or not.

Threaten, intimidate, victimise or harass others.

Make libellous comments about individuals or companies, including Archant newspapers, magazines or websites, and their staff or contributors. The law against defamation protects individuals or organisations from attacks on their reputation. This means the publication of any statement which: exposes them to hatred, ridicule or contempt , causes them to be shunned or avoided, discredits them in their trade, business or profession, or generally lowers them in the eyes of right thinking members of society. Unlike other charges, the onus is on you in cases of libel, as the author, to prove your statement or comment is legal.

Result in contempt of court – do not post anything which could prejudice court proceedings currently or in the future. It is basically contempt of court to comment on any crime once someone has been arrested for it, even if they have not yet been charged. That is when proceedings become active and potential jurors may be swayed by what they read.

Contain explicit language or vulgarities

Use foreign languages

Impersonate or represent any person or entity in an attempt to deceive, harass or otherwise mislead another member.

Incite illegal activity including the glorification of terrorism or incitement to racial hatred.

Infringe intellectual property rights or transmit any material that you don''t have the right to transmit under law (such as copyright or trade secrets)

Link to and/or references content not allowed under these guidelines.

Use the service in a manner deemed inappropriate by Archant.

Impede or disrupt the flow of the discussions in the Forum.

Include personal information about others, or publish private correspondence or report conversations where there has been a reasonable expectation of privacy from other parties[/quote]

Hmmm, covers just about everything.Zigger, zagger, zigger Life ban incoming?

Here''s a suggestion to the club

Sell yellow and green tinfoil hats in the club shop for £30 quid. Then we can buy messi with the profits.