Sign in to follow this  
whoareyou?

Eder linked to City move

has some talent but does he work hard enough on the defensive & movement side of the game to be attractive to us?

Just had a look at his ''attributes'' on sofifa as a rough guide and doesn''t seem a typical Alex Neil striker at all. A small, quick player who like to dribble and take long shots. Looks somewhat similar to alexi Sanchez in style of play (so may have to fill in the camera holes) and can play upfront, behind a main striker or on the left. Would be a good signing if we could pull it off, giving us a few options across the front 4.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Dam, I was hoping we''d go for Mohne, much bigger and stronger.

[/quote]Perhaps you should bounce this idea past Alex Neil?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"]Dam, I was hoping we''d go for Mohne, much bigger and stronger. [/quote]Perhaps you should bounce this idea past Alex Neil?[/quote]

What a guy our leader is....I wonder if he has a dog called ******* too...[*-)]

I don''t think there is much in this link.

A "normal" purchase for a team looking to play 4-2-3-1 is a rather big, and fairly mobile striker. Eder is mobile, but not big.

29yrs old, should be in his very prime though

Eder is one of the realistic names from the Top 30 of the current Golden Shoe list, alongside with Lucas (Deportivo), Imanol Agirretxe (Real Sociedad) and perhaps Nemanja Nikolic (Legia Warsaw).

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/soulierdor.php3

if you think of strikers it this league you don''t have to be tall to play up front alone

if you are strong can hold the ball up height is not a factor unless you play a long ball but a pacey strike can pick up the second ball anyway

I understand our second offer of £100 of Waterstones vouchers and a lifetimes supply of Palm Olive has also been rejected. DM is going to consult with the transfer guru''s of the club before deciding whether to put in a third, improved offer.

Aguero is the best example but then he works his socks off, has the energy to do so and is a class apart from virtually any striker in the world when fit.

Further down our end, you need more substance about your big man up top as the ball doesn''t find it''s way to him as often. Swansea go with a physical threat of Gomis, Bournemouth use Wilson or Murray, both physically imposing, Watford have 2 so are different set up, there''s only really Newcastle who play a technical player as the lone striker and then De Jong and Sissoko etc often make up for Ayoze or Mitrovic''s lack of physicality. Sunderland use Defoe but again have Toivonen or Flether up there as well and less said about Villa the better!

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Just looking at the News Now site and it says bid rejected , all a bit familiar .[/quote]After consulting with top voodoo economists, DM has decided to go back with an offer of $300 in the form of a "Tricky Dick Fun Bill".

[quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Just looking at the News Now site and it says bid rejected , all a bit familiar .[/quote]After consulting with top voodoo economists, DM has decided to go back with an offer of $300 in the form of a "Tricky Dick Fun Bill".

[/quote]It goes against your agenda but the rumours are that a hefty bid was rejected.

well according to the front page it was what, 6.5 or 7.5m... they want 11, which I would be much more happier paying 11 for Eder than 13 or whatever it is for afobe.

problem is convincing him to come here. If we can beat united/spurs it may turn a few players heads and show them we are still very much in the race to stay, all we need is some extra firepower and some defensive assurance.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Iwans Big Toe"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Just looking at the News Now site and it says bid rejected , all a bit familiar .[/quote]After consulting with top voodoo economists, DM has decided to go back with an offer of $300 in the form of a "Tricky Dick Fun Bill".

[/quote]It goes against your agenda but the rumours are that a hefty bid was rejected.[/quote]"Hefty" is a bit vague isn''t it? That means it could have been a hundred weight of Delia''s homemade cheddar.And as for believing rumours, I didn''t think we did that on here?

I would hope that 11 million for a player past their prime would be tripe!

Anything more than 5 million and is hope the club would walk away.

Pretty sure for 11 million Austin would be available, wouldn''t he?

How would I get to call on a rumour?

If I posted a rumour on here and it was based on factual inaccuracies I wouldn''t expect anyone to believe it. But people still might. It would be their call.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How would I get to call on a rumour?

If I posted a rumour on here and it was based on factual inaccuracies I wouldn''t expect anyone to believe it. But people still might. It would be their call.[/quote]Well for a man who claims not to know about much about rumours and facts, you sure do have a lot to say on them Nigel.

It wouldn''t take more than a casual knowledge about Norwich City to recognise some glaring inaccuracies. Such things make the rumour tripe to me. Others may still believe it. That''s their call...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

It wouldn''t take more than a casual knowledge about Norwich City to recognise some glaring inaccuracies. Such things make the rumour tripe to me. Others may still believe it. That''s their call...

[/quote]So I take it that if someone who has intimate knowledge of the day to day working of the club chose to share that information, it would automatically be "tripe" should it not fit in the little glass bubble of opinion belonging to someone who has nothing more than a casual knowledge of the club? Wanting something to be true because it doesn''t fit with your world view, doesn''t automatically make it true. Sorry to break it to you Nigel. Also just because someone buys a few rounds at a social event and has a nice chat with people making them feel important, doesn''t mean that they are an honest and upfront person. What happens in private is often very different to what people share in public.I''m done bashing my head up against a brick wall, I''ll let you have the last word. I''m off to bed.

People getting excited over a fancy foreign name and an "international" brand.. he made his international debut in March of this year at the grand old age of 28 for huck sake!

To add Sampdoria sit just above the Serie A relegation zone, it''s not as if were trying to pinch somebody from Inter Milan!

11 million for an average 29 year old striker who doesn''t want to play for Norwich, no thanks.