Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Mourinho gone

[quote user="Bor"]A charmless and graceless little man whose team are repulsive and lack any sportsmanship. Good riddance.[/quote]
I''ve personally not met Grefstad but i''ll take your word for it.

Shame, I was starting to think he''d be infiltrated by Special Agent Keane...

And Norwich the only team in the bottom 5 to stick with their manager but how long can that realistically continue?

We at least have a bright young manager who is on a massively steep learning curve, but imo is showing signs that he can cope with the challenges and stresses of the PL, and to let him go now would be a mistake and could haunt us for years to come. Unlike Monk at Swansea who even after losing to us was in denial.

Changing tact slightly I am more interested in where Guardiola ends up, as I would love to see him in the PL and more importantly bringing one his sides to CR, the greatest manager in the game right now ?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And Norwich the only team in the bottom 5 to stick with their manager but how long can that realistically continue?

We at least have a bright young manager who is on a massively steep learning curve, but imo is showing signs that he can cope with the challenges and stresses of the PL, and to let him go now would be a mistake and could haunt us for years to come. Unlike Monk at Swansea who even after losing to us was in denial. [/quote]

I think if the board decided AN should go this season, I think it would stop me pretty much from following Norwich so closely any more.  Football generally is threading a fine line and there are plenty of people getting a bit disillusioned with the money side of it - and there is way too much of this getting rid of managers too quickly and/or players effectively getting a manager sacked.   To achieve something longer term, imo you have to stick with a manager through thick and thin. Even if we were demoted this season, we would have a great chance with AN of bouncing back.  We hung on to Hughton, but it all got too bad in the end - and we are not anywhere near that situation with  AN - and he has proved he can adapt.   We haven''t even had him here a year yet, so its still early days, but he has given us one of the best half seasons ever and if for no other reason than that, he deserves time to build something over two or three years. Panic sacking of a manager is just that - panic.  Stick with a class act and you will eventually see  the results come through.   Sometimes success comes from adversity - you just have to tough it out.

The club won''t be anywhere firing Neil so the point and possibility is an academic one.Besides, what, exactly would it achieve?A guaranteed surge up the table after a sudden improvement of form with the same squad of players?You''d also get other Managers -and players- thinking, ''what chance would I have there, he got them promoted but they still sack him-I don''t want to work for a club or board like that.''People are fond of bandying about the line "the clubs a joke"-well, we would be seen as thus if we sacked Neil.And replaced with who, exactly? Nigel Pearson? Bottom three in December not good enough to keep Neil but Leicester struggling for most of last season under Pearson good enough for Norwich? Who else is there?He''ll be here come August even if we go down. The time to question his capabilities would only start therefore if that happened and if, come January 2017, we had fallen away else were in the sort of position in the Championship we were under Adams when Neil came in.

[quote user="Bor"]A charmless and graceless little man whose team are repulsive and lack any sportsmanship. Good riddance.[/quote]

Agreed and with only 40 million payoff for all his charmless appeal

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]Hopefully this sparks Chelski into beating Sunderland this weekend![/quote]This.

I think if results are get bad enough AN should be like any other manager and be sacked

did wonders last year but has to prove why he is so well thought of by many fans and prove it in the PL

who knows how good he will be ??? we might have seen the best of him last year before we all know ?

you got to draw the line somewhere if the current run got to as bad as one win in 15 I feel we should sack him sorry

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]What are everyones options on why Chelsea have been so poor?

Did some of the players deliberately miss perform?[/quote]I feel it all stems from his treatment of Eva. I think it was one step too far for the players.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I think if the board decided AN should go this season, I think it would stop me pretty much from following Norwich so closely any more.  [/quote]A little birdie tells me that Morty''s suddenly decided that a new manager is a very good idea......[;)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I think if the board decided AN should go this season, I think it would stop me pretty much from following Norwich so closely any more.

[/quote]Man up you big girl.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Lessingham Canary"]And Norwich the only team in the bottom 5 to stick with their manager but how long can that realistically continue?

We at least have a bright young manager who is on a massively steep learning curve, but imo is showing signs that he can cope with the challenges and stresses of the PL, and to let him go now would be a mistake and could haunt us for years to come. Unlike Monk at Swansea who even after losing to us was in denial. [/quote]

I think if the board decided AN should go this season, I think it would stop me pretty much from following Norwich so closely any more.[/quote]
Something about silver linings and clouds, can''t quite get the exact phrase.

Almost every manager has bad spells so I am surprised that they didn''t give him more time to sort the mess out after having invested so much in bringing him back after the first fall out. And personally I think that pantomime villains like him bring a bit of life to the PL. I think the problem has been that he began to take it seriously, the outrageous claims and clear winds ups seemed to become genuine beliefs and he has lost that mischievous spark this season, it became a bit malevolent. Strangely I am actually pretty sad that he has gone.

its a results based game clubs are thinking about now not the past results

mourinho won the title monk got Swansea to the highest position last year both gone ,

I know both clubs have better squads and a lot more expected of them

but this is why we can not and should not just sleepwalk into going down if the poor form continues I am sorry AN thanks for last year you were wonderful but this year is very important and we must do what ever we can to stay up

He''s looked disinterested since the start of the season and his increasingly erratic behaviour after the misguided medical staff incident almost seemed like trying to give Chelsea a reason to punt him (with a nice payoff).

Apples