Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Redmond and Jerome

Delighted and relieved to see Howson finally dropped but these two also need to be permanent fixtures on the bench. They are continually woeful. Any premier league team that thinks Jerome is the answer up front will be relegated, simple as. And please can we finally end the Redmond huge potential nonsense. The guy is pitiful. I''d take the likes of Lee Croft, Mark Rivers, Adrian Forbes etc over Nathan ''potential'' Redmond any day.

Jerome was fantastic for us last year, so lets give him credit. But this is a step up, and he''s never done anything for anyone else at this level, and clearly not up to it at this level for us.

Shame but every NCFC fan wants NCFC to stay up, and we desperarately need a goalscorer.

Jan can''t come soon enough.

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]''we desperarately need a goalscorer'' - If Mbokani was given regular starts I bet he would be our answer [/quote]

Cam Jam worked his arse off for us today imo.

Sadly the days of being a striker to score goals is long gone. Strikers do so much more than that now and if Jerome only scores 5 goals all season but helps create 20 then for me he is still a good member of the squad. Needed to score today though, you can''t be 6 yards out and sky it in this league and expect to start next game...

Thought that game was begging for Mbokani, if not starting then certainly at some point in the second half. It was clear Neil was going to gamble on with Jerome though, and I don''t think we could have afforded to go 2 up top as Everton were still pushing themselves.

On another day (though increasingly rare) Wes and Cam combine and he puts that ball in the back of the net. Perhaps Mbokani wouldn''t have created that chance in the first place?

I do think Mbokani is long overdue a sustained go in this side though. He gives us an outlet, is good with the ball and seems our most likely striker to score. He''s not that slow either, so I don''t understand what he must do to start more often.

I''d love us to try emulate Ighalo and Deeney with Jerome and Mbokani as I think they would link well, but that means dropping Wes who seems the only player in the middle we have that looks like he can create something.

Got to agree with the OP on Redmond who very rarely puts in a performance of quality for me - I have never been in the camp of what a fantastic player he is and on more games than not come away feeling his contribution and overall performance has once again disappointed - how many years does he need before this ''potential'' comes to fruition

Thought Jerome played very well today. Would have said that was obvious tbh.

Jerome did his job, should have scored instead of blazing over from 6 yards.
Redmond simply cannot make the right decision at the right time - pace pace pace but hardly any end product.  A quicksilver Lee Croft, no less.  We should cash in on him and I wonder if he would be playing were Jarvis not injured.
Frankly, you have to question the decision making of anyone with that haircut & beard combination.

Jerome certainly worked hard enough, but that miss will probably cost him his place.  As for Redmond he''s offering nothing atm.  We don''t even see the pace atm, no assists, goals or many passes to his team-mates.  Currently a waste of space, hopefully Jarvis will be back soon, and Redmond will be benched.

Shocking miss aside, Jerome was one of our best players today IMO, certainly deserved the goal!

Also surprised Mbokani didn''t come on second half, really thought he was going to help us push on for the win as he did with Swansea. He does seem a bit of a luxury player though and wouldn''t have pressed anywhere near as well as even a tiring Jerome! Which is why I think Neil left it.

Jerome played well today but looked shattered towards the end, surely a fresh Mbokani would''ve been a good move? Stones seems full of his own hype and happy to play himself into trouble a lot of the time. Jerome exposed this several times in second half (notably the lead up to the corner which lead to the goal) but looked absolutely shot to pieces with about 15 mins to go.

[quote user="AJ"]Sadly the days of being a striker to score goals is long gone. Strikers do so much more than that now and if Jerome only scores 5 goals all season but helps create 20 then for me he is still a good member of the squad. Needed to score today though, you can''t be 6 yards out and sky it in this league and expect to start next game...[/quote]

AJ "if Jerome only scores 5 goals all season but helps create 20 then for me he is still a good member of the squad" As things stand where do you think those 20 goals are going to come from????

[quote user="Clint"]Jerome played well today but looked shattered towards the end, surely a fresh Mbokani would''ve been a good move? Stones seems full of his own hype and happy to play himself into trouble a lot of the time. Jerome exposed this several times in second half (notably the lead up to the corner which lead to the goal) but looked absolutely shot to pieces with about 15 mins to go.[/quote]

100% this ^^^^^^^

Thought Jerome had a good game. Put himself about and far more effective than Grabban. Agree it was a very bad miss in second half. He was absolutely shattered in the last 15 minutes and was surprised that Neill did not seem aware of this. I am afraid Redmond has lost all confidence and you could argue he is just not up for it at the moment. Did not work for the team.

Redmond is still living off his potential of several years ago. He has only delivered the goods in small doses . Jerome at this level is only any good as part of a striking pair. He has a great work ethic but rarely looks like scoring even when presented with the simplest of chances like today. There are precious few in this squad alas that will break the 6 goals a season barrier and that will be our undoing allies to the porous defense, which to be fair has looked better since Bennett and Rudd have come to the fore

Putting yourself about but missing a sitter a schoolboy could of put away does not cut it at this standard , Jerome has never been up to this standard and never will , its why we are going down we carry far to much baggage that should be playing a league lower .

[quote user="ron obvious"]So tell me, how many chances did that excuse for a PL striker Lukaku miss today??[/quote]Lukaku has 12 goals this season, and has scored in 7 successive games. That''s what makes him a PL striker.

True, but how many clear chances did he have today? How many did Jerome have? How much support does Lukaku get?

I''m not for a moment suggesting that Jerome is on a par with Lukaku, but it really isn''t that simple.

Sorry but you are wrong redmonds general play was not good did not take people on defensively poor and general all round attitude stinks loses the ball and doesn''t track back sadly at the moment we have no natural right sided player to taje his pla

Jerome had a decent game if you ignore the main reason he''s there. If you include scoring goals he is way out of his depth at this level and I''m sure his stats are something like 1 in 6 in the PL.

Way better than Grabban though....

Need to spend big next month on a striker (stating the obvious..)

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]''''Redmond is still living off his potential of several years ago. He has only delivered the goods in small doses .''''

He''s still only 21..[/quote]So is John Stones, Ross Barclay is just 22 (by a week), Harry Kane 22 in July last, to name but a few............all of them streets in front of Redmond.

jerome is our only prem level striker. All round he is the better player than Grabban (Ieft alone kyle or hooper)

what he is not is a regular goal scorer.

Mbokani may prove the better goal scorer but he is more dependent on having the ball played to him, where he is stronger at holding up the ball if its on his right foot. For all his rumoured aerial prowess I have not seen much evidence it benefits us - so for me Jerome remains the best starting option for the team.

I agree Mbokani could have been brought on for a tiring Jerome but likewise Mulumbu or Dorrans could have come on for equally drained tettey / oneill. Neil may have felt that we were the better team with what we had on the basis that making another change could have lost that advantage. We lost some momentum when the tired wes was taken off; fresh legs does not always mean fresh momentum

Norfolk''n Good

Need to spend big next month on a striker (stating the obvious..)

A new striker would be nice; but completely secondary to improving the back line; without reinforcing the back first line a new striker will be a waste of money in our quest to cash in on next seasons financial bonanza for player wages