Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Good feeling for Man U game

Surprisingly, to some of you, I actually got a good feeling about the game at Old Trafford.

ManU is in a state of bother, Van Gaal is disliked by anyone from the board down to the tea lady, players are off form (Rooney, Martial), talks about Giggs wanting away as he can''t stand LVG''s negative football, etc. Media wants LVG out, and in general, Man U is now where Chelsea was in September. LVG to last for a month or two more, but will suffer more bad results before he leaves.

It''s time for a shock, and it''s time for a good game from our boys.

I just hope AN is positive in his team selection and sniffs blood. The players will know they got a unique chance to beat ManU away now, with all this negativity surrounding the club.

Prediction: 1-1 or 1-2

Devils advocate, Man Utd welcoming back a raft of players from injury and are due a win/performance at home. We''ve seen this before...

Some dodgy rumours about Rooney''s head not being in the right place. "Legal reasons" mean he''ll miss the game. I''ll say no more on that front, but I''m also cautiously optimistic we might sneak a point.

Wisdom being out basically means Russ will have to play right back and that leaves Bennett in at CB who has been class for us recently, I just hope AN sees sense and starts the congolese contingent finally. We need Mbokani to make the ball stick up the right end of the pitch. Wouldn''t be averse to going with both Jerome and Mbok up top with a more withdrawn middle and pace on the flanks.

Man Utd have only conceded one goal at home this season in the league. It''s going to be tough.

Depends on which Norwich turns up. The first half shambles against Everton. Or the team that decided they did actually give a damn. We will see.

After Newcastle and Chelsea I think we have the wrong sort of form with struggling teams but seeing some Vhristmas cheer from Grefstad has cheered me up no end. It''s not impossible!

[quote user="grefstad"]Surprisingly, to some of you, I actually got a good feeling about the game at Old Trafford.

ManU is in a state of bother, Van Gaal is disliked by anyone from the board down to the tea lady, players are off form (Rooney, Martial), talks about Giggs wanting away as he can''t stand LVG''s negative football, etc. Media wants LVG out, and in general, Man U is now where Chelsea was in September. LVG to last for a month or two more, but will suffer more bad results before he leaves.[/quote]

And then along come Norwich. We''ve been here before.

6-0. Crisis over. Van Gaal''s a genius. Bleh.

[quote user="grefstad"]Surprisingly, to some of you, I actually got a good feeling about the game at Old Trafford.

ManU is in a state of bother, Van Gaal is disliked by anyone from the board down to the tea lady, players are off form (Rooney, Martial), talks about Giggs wanting away as he can''t stand LVG''s negative football, etc. Media wants LVG out, and in general, Man U is now where Chelsea was in September. LVG to last for a month or two more, but will suffer more bad results before he leaves.

It''s time for a shock, and it''s time for a good game from our boys.

I just hope AN is positive in his team selection and sniffs blood. The players will know they got a unique chance to beat ManU away now, with all this negativity surrounding the club.

Prediction: 1-1 or 1-2[/quote]Poster flip-flops in the space of a week, and starts a self-obsessed thread.It''s not the year 2160 already, is it?

Depends on what team United field but 2-0 to United for me I''m afraid. Hope I''m wrong and we can spring a surprise though

Just can''t see a win I am afraid. Last time we went to Man U they were supposed to have been in a sticky place with Moyes just having been sacked and we were walloped. I know we need more ideally but I''d be delighted with a point.

Last couple of times it''s been 4-0 would expect something similar tomorrow. We didn''t upgrade the squad bar Brady so probably this would be a par result given out context.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Last couple of times it''s been 4-0 would expect something similar tomorrow. We didn''t upgrade the squad bar Brady so probably this would be a par result given out context.[/quote]
And yet when I saw you''d posted on this thread, I was sure you''d have posted something positive and upbeat.
I presume you''re responsible for this snowman? 
[IMG]http://allhatnocattle.net/12-23-08_xmas_card.jpg[/IMG]

Just typical with the players returning from injury. The team that played Bournemouth last week was absolutely pathetic, but surprise surprise they are all fit again when we play them. We do have some horrendous luck.

I just hope we turn up and if we are to lose at least give a good account of ourselves, unlike the Watford game. I really can''t see us taking a thrashing as suggested but any points taken from this would obviously be bonus points.

I haven''t got a good feeling but I haven''t got a bad feeling so Im going for a 2-2 hard fought draw, would be happy with a point there and then 3 pts against Villa

Away win by a single goal.

We can''t keep earmarking supposedly ''easier'' games as banker points - that''s not how the League is panning out this season. Bournemouth against Chelsea and Utd and Newcastle away to Spurs - we''re going to need our own surprise results to stay up this year.

Go on the offensive and get their crowd on the turn; there''s revolution in the air!

Hope to keep the goals against down..can see nothing but a United win....2 nil wouldn''t be too damaging. As a few have said , its the villa game where we realistically need 3 points.