Sign in to follow this  
Lessingham Canary

Signs we are going to do some early business in January....

Very strong rumours yesterday that the Naismith deal is agreed and ready to go, we are making strong approaches for the Defender Kone from France, if both true then top marks to the board for getting their act together and looking to do some early deals.

I guess yesterday''s result wont do any harm when selling Norwich City to people, the only PL team to win and and score more than one goal at Old Trafford ?

Yesterday''s result will certainly have done us no harm in terms of our attractiveness to players who might not be so aware of us.

It does seem almost certain that signings will be made - we do need to remain aware of the squad rules, for which I believe we have one slot (or two if Hooper is off for the season), so it''s likely there''ll have to be leavers - and not just to balance the books.

Yes in early this time. We must have learnt a lesson after our Summer failings and gambled on other players moving on so late up to transfer deadline. I''ve heard Lafferty is off (Leeds rumoured again). Hooper must be one foot out of the door.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12059837/Aston-Villa-to-launch-6.5m-bid-for-Evertons-Steven-Naismith.html