Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Ungainly?

Much comment has been made on various sites regarding the ''ungainly'' nature of Alex Tettey''s finish at Old Trafford.

Personally I could not give a fig if he put it in with his arse as long as it went in.

How fussy we have become!

I feel that if he had hit it ''cleanly'' it would have taken someones head off in row P. As it was,it was an old fashioned toe poke and it threw the goalie, and turned into a good goal. Was it planned like that? No. Did it go in?Yes. That''s all that matters.

Quite. the MOTD coverage was the usual biased shite  and it seems they became clueless as what to say in the commentary when they though we might win.Had the trip on Howson been done to a ManUre forward they would have been banging on about the injustice of it for ages.

Whatever type of shot Tettey''s was, a world class, international keeper never moved.  Can''t have been too bad can it?[:D]

As my Dad said, the fact Tettey was so straight on behind the ball meant his only option in terms of taking it early was to toe poke it.

I think he meant it - it was a clever bit of improvisation. Either way, I think that if Mata or Martial had done the same thing it would have been seen as a stroke of genius.

[quote user="lowlyfendweller"]The game is called "Football" not "Only certain parts of your foot-ball"

Great finish!![/quote][:D]

putting the finish aside, lets not overlook the fact Tetteh won the ball in the middle of the park, and we broke right through the heart of the United defence - very similar to watching our last visitors in the first half against Everton last weekend.

Excellent finish. Gave the keeper no hope to think or take any action.

Certainly looked like intentional improvisation to get the shot away early (and surprise the ''keeper) to me.