Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

All of Alex Neils Critics....

can go and take a running jump!its our first win at Old Trafford in 26 years.. we haven''t just gone and fluked it we''ve played united off the pitch for most of the game.he got it very right today... and that''s why we''ll be in the premiership for a few seasons to come.

And whatever happens with our season, I know which manager I''d prefer out of Van Gaal and AN...............and that''s what we''ve got who has a plan A,B and C and not just a notebook to write notes to himself, and no influence on the game itself while it''s taking place.

Full credit to Alex, he had a plan and it worked. Top manager, getting a brilliant performance and result.

The Car Park attendants I spoke to at the Cricket ground were Man City fans and they had loved it. In fact they were more upbeat than a couple of posters on this thread.

I don''t think we played them off the park, but we matched them in the areas we needed to, and played some great stuff on the counter.

What a fantastic away day!

Well done Alex, the team, and the support.

All of Alex Neil''s critics!? I can count on one hand the people on here that want him gone!

No chance of finding any of AN''s critics on here tonight Jas. You have more chance of standing in rocking horse 5hite.

They''ve been banned haven''t they?

He is doing a good job with the resources at his disposal and I don''t think there would be many other managers out there (who would be seen at Norwich) who would do a better job.

Great result today worth the trip but I have travelled to far to many away games this season where he has dished up utter dross

One swallow a summer does not make

Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 5:03 PM:

Played them off the pitch ?? Deluded at best !

MU had 70% possession ,,, but , we played a decent counter attack game .

I''d agree that the claim we played them off the pitch is slightly exaggerated but let''s clear one thing up, possession means f all in football. For all Uniteds possession they didn''t get a shot on target in the first 60 odd minutes. Possession is a meaningless stat.

[quote user="The Bishop"]Great result today worth the trip but I have travelled to far to many away games this season where he has dished up utter dross

One swallow a summer does not make[/quote]See you at Spurs Waveney.

We''re all obviously over the moon with winning at Old Trafford. Unbelievable result.

But let us not forget that is only our second win in twelve. And let us also not forget the lacklustre performances we have seen in recent weeks.

Football is a results driven business and even with today''s result our recent form still spells relegation.

I just pray that the magnitude of today''s win will bring back that confidence we saw at the start of the season. And I think it will. Just imagine a result at Spurs next week? I believe it can happen now.

[quote user="The Bishop"]Great result today worth the trip but I have travelled to far to many away games this season where he has dished up utter dross

One swallow a summer does not make[/quote]More to the point, how were the pies?

AN fully deserves all the credit coming to him

Wanted to win at Old Trafford

Had the balls to play both Hoolahan & Redmond

Had it right from the beginning

Got the win

Comes with being manager. Today he got his tactics and players to do the job spot on, other days he''s got it wrong.

As pointed out 1 win in 11 puts pressure on any manager, but the players responded today and done a great job, Bennett & Bassong yet again superb.

Great day for our manager let''s see if he can build on this and get some Bournemouth / Watford type momentum for the next three games an maybe pull us away from the bottom three.

Critics like me will always be here as a season ticket holder, share holder and fan for over 40 years I feel I have the right to vent my dissapointment, but also pleased as today to give AN great credit for putting one over on Manure.

Indy wrote;

Critics like me will always be here as a season ticket holder, share holder and fan for over 40 years I feel I have the right to vent my dissapointment, but also pleased as today to give AN great credit for putting one over on Manure.

Many of us are in the same boat Indy, but like you will critique in a way that is not to undermine the club. OTBC

They played well against a misfiring Manchester Utd.The manager did very well and the side has looked much better since Rudd came in for Ruddy and Bennett is being played at CB

I reckoned at the time whether it was ANs best win and he stated as much after the match. Agree totally with you Yorkshire....Bennett has added speed and better reading of the game than Martin at CB. He reacts well to danger. Ruddy has looked like having at least one mistake in him every match and Rudd just seems more confident and again quicker to come out and anticipates better. He just looks more agile. I think Jerome is our best striker plus O''Neil has provided leadership. Russell at RB looks a better fit somehow but I''m used to him there. I''m hopeful this team with perhaps some changes midfield at times (Mulumbu, Howson) will provide a good nucleus going forward. A draw at WHL and two home wins now please!

[quote user="JF"]Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 5:03 PM:

Played them off the pitch ?? Deluded at best !

MU had 70% possession ,,, but , we played a decent counter attack game .

I''d agree that the claim we played them off the pitch is slightly exaggerated but let''s clear one thing up, possession means f all in football. For all Uniteds possession they didn''t get a shot on target in the first 60 odd minutes. Possession is a meaningless stat.[/quote]100% correct.http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/5826/Stages/12496/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2015-2016Current leaders of the league are 18th in possession stats.Watford are 16th.Chelsea are 3rd.I think this trend of a low tempo possession style game appears to be waning.

So pleased for Alex and us, hope we get on a roll now and get clear of he bottom 3

Wouldn''t that be nice Cityangel, could we dare to dream of a point at Spurs with two wins to follow? Would that not be a perfect Christmas?