Sign in to follow this  
Gunthorpe

Why Cant We Find Anyone ?

Since you lot started this crusade against the cook and her cohorts how many dozens of clubs have had the investment you all crave?

How many of them do you wish we were? Palace this season? But will you still want to be palace next season? How many of you wanted to be Ipswich when Evans rolled into the tahn? It will be in the archives no doubt...

[quote user="Bor"]Why don''t you change the G in your user name to a C?[/quote]Your posts should be issued with plasters, just in case someone cuts themselves on you razor sharp wit.

Before certain folk try to derail the original question put - and slide in with their usual attempts to personally attack and discredit those posters/supporters - who are genuinely concerned as to why we can''t find anyone.

Question raised....."Why Can''t We Find Anyone?"

Why can''t we find anyone to seriously invest?.......Is it maybe because.........We aren''t actually looking for anyone to seriously invest.......? Is it all about control?

We are looking for a replacement Chairman though........Oh, and possibly new board members......Although, I sincerely hope Ed Balls isn''t one of them......

Maybe Mello, but maybe not. Unless you have some evidence you might as well claim it''s because Delia and McNally are aliens planning to enslave Norfolk.

Maybe it''s because the board don''t want to sell to anyone who may put the future of the club at risk, and it''s hard to find potential buyers for an unfashionable club in a relative isolated part of the country

You mention Ed Balls Mello but nobody has suggested Mick Dennis yet although he wasted no time in keeping Alan Bowkett''s old seat warm in the directors box at the Everton game. Yes he may for the odd game sit in the directors box but his season tickets are elsewhere in the ground. Maybe i put two and two together and came up with five but who would bet against him joining the board ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You mention Ed Balls Mello but nobody has suggested Mick Dennis yet although he wasted no time in keeping Alan Bowkett''s old seat warm in the directors box at the Everton game. Yes he may for the odd game sit in the directors box but his season tickets are elsewhere in the ground. Maybe i put two and two together and came up with five but who would bet against him joining the board ?[/quote]

I concur, I see Mr Dennis on occasion sat in the Director''s Box (near to and regularly next to) our majority shareholders. I do wonder if he may be anointed with some role within the club?.......Not keen on that one either.......

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 10:17 PM:

If you can find a rich person willing to pay £60m for a minority stake in Norwich City (ie one that gives them a warm feeling inside but no control over the club and their investment) then you will have discovered a very useful idiot.

Purple = Palace have

As expected from you Purple - we have to read your 100,000 word epilogues on comparisons between UK and World Football over the last 50 years which have missed out the fact that we won the World Cup in 1966 (Hilarious but excruciating boring) but if someone makes a valid post daring to criticize the Stowmarket 2 you have a minor spasm

What a sad individual you are and a prime example of what is wrong with this forum

Why don''t we change the name from Pinkun to Delia & Mike Fun Club[/quote]Oh you poor darling! I had no idea my contributions caused you such angst. But I have a solution. There is this other poster, Newton, who also succumbs to fits of the vapours when faced with one of my interminably long snoozefests (spookily enough, his complaints have been very similarly worded to yours). So why not form a symbiotic two-person support group? One can declaim my posts aloud while the other screams like a banshee, followed by  a mini-group hug, after which you reverse the roles for the next reading. That should cure the problem, or possibly make it far worse...

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Maybe Mello, but maybe not. Unless you have some evidence you might as well claim it''s because Delia and McNally are aliens planning to enslave Norfolk.

Maybe it''s because the board don''t want to sell to anyone who may put the future of the club at risk, and it''s hard to find potential buyers for an unfashionable club in a relative isolated part of the country[/quote]

Oh, not the old ''Don''t want to sell to anyone who may put the future of the club at risk/hard to find potential buyers for an unfashionable club in a relative isolated part of the country''......excuse/mantra.....

"We dunt wornt henny furriners cummin ere bringun dizeeze dorty munny an'' stuff to Naarfalk"........ Slightly exaggerated, but, is it really because of our location that is a credible reason that deters prospective investors/buyers; from showing interest in what I feel is a good investment/business? Full stadium regardless of league status, performance or position of the football team. Railway Station, airport, the Broads, guaranteed Tourism, two shopping centres, Castle, two Cathedrals, adorable countryside, housing/property being constructed near to the stadium and the coast is a short drive away......etc.....etc......Only negative, the road to the North A47 and beyond......Now, if you owned a business interest that more or less centred within the above.....Would you flog it? Perhaps not......Oh, and I saw Delia the CE and the board at 20:15 last night, alighting from an alien mother ship on a secluded area on the perimeter of Nodge Airport just back from Madchester........They then shape shifted into Lizards - but Mickey F, transformed into Jabba the Pizza Hut..... Mello the mutant.....

[quote user="Iwans A Big Knob"][quote user="Bor"]Why don''t you change the G in your user name to a C?[/quote]Your posts should be issued with plasters, just in case someone cuts themselves on you razor sharp wit.[/quote]
Very good, Iwan.  I am bereft of ribs.

Re: Why Cant We Find Anyone ?

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 10:17 PM: If you can find a rich person willing to pay £60m for a minority stake in Norwich City (ie one that gives them a warm feeling inside but no control over the club and their investment) then you will have discovered a very useful idiot. Purple = Palace have As expected from you Purple - we have to read your 100,000 word epilogues on comparisons between UK and World Football over the last 50 years which have missed out the fact that we won the World Cup in 1966 (Hilarious but excruciating boring) but if someone makes a valid post daring to criticize the Stowmarket 2 you have a minor spasm What a sad individual you are and a prime example of what is wrong with this forum

Oh you poor darling! I had no idea my contributions caused you such angst. But I have a solution. There is this other poster, Newton, who also succumbs to fits of the vapours when faced with one of my interminably long snoozefests (spookily enough, his complaints have been very similarly worded to yours). So why not form a symbiotic two-person support group? One can declaim my posts aloud while the other screams like a banshee, followed by a mini-group hug, after which you reverse the roles for the next reading. That should cure the problem, or possibly make it far worse...

Poor Purple ; -Is getting upset because I have suggested some of us who dare to post on here may not share his favourable opinion of the current owners

So sad - he has suggest I move off this Forum ???????

It is unfair what you do solely based on fact I am not in your little click

Who is this Newton person sounds like someone with some common sense if he was as tired as I am of this ridiculous round robin slap on the back of the boys system (driving new posters away with abuse and sarcasm) that is operated by the daily trolls that haunt this forum

Every time someone''s asks this question it determinate so into kinder garden derailed by the normal sides......

The question isn''t why but more when! It won''t be too long before Delia & MJW will no longer be our great clubs custodians. It will be interesting to see our next chapter.

I''m sure there has been more than a couple interested parties enquired but for reasons and restriction in place by the owners nothing has come of them.

It would be great to know all the details of who, when and the outcome of any enquiries over these years.

Was there a sub heading on this thread that only certain posters should be allowed to comment while certain other posters should keep their beaks out?

I don''t know of any investors who have been turned away. The last comment on that I can remember was Bowkett''s that Purple quoted. Have there been any? If somebody wanted to invest but were being unfairly blocked would it not be in their interests to let us all know? If someone wanted to buy the owners out wouldn''t the shareholders have to be told by law? Maybe Purple could shed some light on that.

As for Dick Menace I think he would be bad news for our wonderful community and fear he would exert his influence to shut this message board down. Where as all supporters are equal in the eyes of the cook that isn''t the case in the eyes of all her cohorts....

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]

Who is this Newton person [/quote]Confirmation of just how ridiculous you are Newton.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Was there a sub heading on this thread that only certain posters should be allowed to comment while certain other posters should keep their beaks out?

I don''t know of any investors who have been turned away. The last comment on that I can remember was Bowkett''s that Purple quoted. Have there been any? If somebody wanted to invest but were being unfairly blocked would it not be in their interests to let us all know? If someone wanted to buy the owners out wouldn''t the shareholders have to be told by law? Maybe Purple could shed some light on that.

As for Dick Menace I think he would be bad news for our wonderful community and fear he would exert his influence to shut this message board down. Where as all supporters are equal in the eyes of the cook that isn''t the case in the eyes of all her cohorts....[/quote]Yes, nutty. Shareholders have to be told of any formal offer, whether friendly or hostile. Since that has never happened during the Smith and Jones era that means there has never been such an offer, not even from Cullum. And the point, just to be clear, is that the owners cannot ignore or bury offers they don''t like. I disagree that Mick Dennis would try to shut down this message-board. As a journalist that would be awful for his reputation.

So Smudger has hit the old campaign trail again, the only man that Donald Trump can look to to feel good about himself.

If you feel so strongly about it why haven''t you continued your protests? Is that because no one listens? Is it because everyone else is wrong?

Yawn.

As for why can''t we find anyone. Why not send emails to the investors of these clubs and ask them why they saw them as viable investments and then reflect that upon our club.

Now I will get barracked for stating this but some pretty basic information is already out there. For starters they are located in/around the largest City in the country with international air connections to pretty much every corner of the planet. This makes it useful if you are regularly doing other business around the world (shirt deals maybe, other European sponsors etc).

However, it also means that your immediate audience is much larger.

Shirt sales for example. Lets say your shirts are £40. If they manage to raise the profile of the club more, or continue to do so at the rate they are at the moment, then sales of things like shirts and other merchandise will rise in conjunction with that. They have millions of people to appeal to - there is competition but the reality is that a sustained period of success for a London club means that they are having more of an impression on the locals. A good example is how Fulham went from the doldrums and up the leagues and grew their support again with success.

When you look at Norwich, you have around 860,000 people in Norfolk. Lets say around a third of those are in and around Norwich and it''s urban area.

Then you start to see a picture. As a club and as a city we are relatively isolated. The airport really only supports relatively close holiday destinations - or to Amsterdam for connecting flights. The immediate customer base in terms of fans is pretty well established, how much more can it grow with success in terms of return for your investment?

A few figures have been bandied about on here, but if you go by the boards assessment, then a 35,000 stadium is probably our ceiling at the minute.

Another thing to consider is that Palace already had decent backing prior to this. They have a strong squad in place with the likes of Cabaye and a successful manager in Pardew.

It''s still a risk but the chances are, being in London, they''ll be able to offload it should they want to, much faster as well.

At the moment, if the board had £30million, I very much doubt it would be spent on the ground . . . . at this point in time that could be well spent on improving the squad.

Also, if I get what you are saying correctly, you are suggesting Delia and MWJ to give away half of their shares for nothing . . . . . and if you do, then you need to consider what effect that would have on any potential investor. Why would they want to take up a position if later on down the line, a similar sort of pressure or expectation is placed upon them?

Investment is exactly that - investment. Normally the investors will want to see a healthy return. If they don''t they get shot.

Far more horror stories than success stories in recent years. I''d rather be steady eddy than free-falling down the leagues like Portsmouth etc.

Thanks Purple.

And I was being a bit childish about Mick but a Facebook conversation still rankles a bit. He refuses to recognise any thing good about this forum. This thread itself is good in that people are free to post their views.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Yes, nutty. Shareholders have to be told of any formal offer, whether friendly or hostile. Since that has never happened during the Smith and Jones era that means there has never been such an offer, not even from Cullum. And the point, just to be clear, is that the owners cannot ignore or bury offers they don''t like. I disagree that Mick Dennis would try to shut down this message-board. As a journalist that would be awful for his reputation.[/quote]O/T Purple, I sent you a PM yesterday.

I don''t think you are entirely right Purple, it depends to how the share agreement is written to "tag along or "drag along" and as majority share holders don''t have to disclose any discussions if they are not in formal approach.

Just gone through the same process in our old company where I and other investors had minor share holding and our majority share holder of 59% didn''t disclose two enquiries to purchase our company.

Unless our old boss did something illegal, not according to our lawyer then we will never know if any approach has ever been made.

Well either way we now are in the realms of questioning the integrity of the owners as your suggesting that they have lied about approaches if there have been any.

No I''m not nutty, I''m saying they don''t have any obligation to tell anyone about informal discussions which may be in their minds detrimental to the club, or any other reason, you nor I nor anyone other than the owners know! All we do is discuss on here.

But it''s a valid question to ask as I''ve said its not why but more when the time comes, does anyone really have any idea what will happen if the owners call it a day through age?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Yes, nutty. Shareholders have to be told of any formal offer, whether friendly or hostile. Since that has never happened during the Smith and Jones era that means there has never been such an offer, not even from Cullum. And the point, just to be clear, is that the owners cannot ignore or bury offers they don''t like. I disagree that Mick Dennis would try to shut down this message-board. As a journalist that would be awful for his reputation.[/quote]O/T Purple, I sent you a PM yesterday.[/quote]Thanks, lapps. I have just replied - I needed to check my thesaurus for synonyms for "imbecile"...

I know nothing Indy. And neither do I pretend to.

As for the future. I can only assume it''s taken care of. The board of directors would be negligent if nothing was in place for the future. If only just as an insurance for if the worst happens. If there is a succession plan part of it wouldn''t be that it be made public in advance. And neither should it be.

[quote user="Indy"]I don''t think you are entirely right Purple, it depends to how the share agreement is written to "tag along or "drag along" and as majority share holders don''t have to disclose any discussions if they are not in formal approach.

Just gone through the same process in our old company where I and other investors had minor share holding and our majority share holder of 59% didn''t disclose two enquiries to purchase our company.

Unless our old boss did something illegal, not according to our lawyer then we will never know if any approach has ever been made.[/quote]No, I am right, because - as made clear in my post - I am talking about a formal offer. I used those two precise words. Any company subject to the Takeover Code, as we are (your old firm may not be but I hardly care), that receives a formal offer, no matter how it is framed, has to tell its shareholders. A formal offer is a formal offer is a formal offer.

No one has said Formal Offer, any offer starts with an approach.....as you well know. You''re just taking your own angle again.

As

I said any contact could have been kept to the majority holders as would have the informal Cullum approach, was it not Cullum who made his contact and interest known in the press?

Still we can leave it there as you know more than our lawyers.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I know nothing Indy. And neither do I pretend to.

As for the future. I can only assume it''s taken care of. The board of directors would be negligent if nothing was in place for the future. If only just as an insurance for if the worst happens. If there is a succession plan part of it wouldn''t be that it be made public in advance. And neither should it be.[/quote]

Yes but as fans you would like to know rather than assume? I assume and like you hope that there is an advanced plan in place but circumstances change all the time.

We will find out one day.

[quote user="Herman "]A great big city called London on its doorstep??[/quote]

Of which has a damn sight more football clubs within its catchment area than we have.......Our nearest is 40 miles away.......

[quote user="Indy"]No one has said Formal Offer, any offer starts with an approach.....as you well know. You''re just taking your own angle again.

As

I said any contact could have been kept to the majority holders as would have the informal Cullum approach, was it not Cullum who made his contact and interest known in the press?

Still we can leave it there as you know more than our lawyers.[/quote]Indy, which bit of..."Yes, nutty. Shareholders have to be told of any formal offer, whether friendly or hostile."...did you not understand? All the way through this, in answer to nutty, I have been talking about formal offers, because they are what matter. Companies often get informal approaches (according to Bowkett back in 2011 a search brought in more than 50 expressions of interest in investment) but it is only when they get formalised that it becomes necessary to tell shareholders. You are right about one thing - that we can leave it there. I am not going to waste any more of my time trying to get you to understand straight-forward English.