Sign in to follow this  
Gunthorpe

Why Cant We Find Anyone ?

Crystal Palace have completed a deal that sees American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer take a large stake in the club.

The pair, who already own the NBA''s Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL''s New Jersey Devils, will join chairman Steve Parish in control at Selhurst Park.

Harris, Blitzer and Parish will each own an 18 per cent stake in Palace.

Parish said shareholders had agreed an "initial £50m injection of capital" to develop the club''s stadium.

Parish helped rescue the south London club from bankruptcy in 2010. His partners in that deal - fellow Palace fans Stephen Browett, Jeremy Hosking and Martin Long - will have smaller stakes

We going no where with present owners ?

Just goes to show what a dump Selhurst Park is, £50m to bring it up to date!Parish has failed to get anyone else interested in paying for the upgrade of the stadium so it looks like in desperation he''s had to accept this offer from the Americans.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Maybe being in London made them a more attractive club to pursue.[/quote]Extremely possible.

Do we really want to find anyone though?

Personally I find it very concerning for our game when a foreign owned club with a French manager comes to Carrow Road with a starting line-up made up entirely of non-english players and no one even finds it worth mentioning any more.

I''m quite happy to have the club owned by local, loyal owners who only have the clubs best interests at heart rather than as an overseas business investment.

Yes you could say "it''s what everyone else is doing", "wouldn''t it be great for us to be competitive", "yada, yada, yada" but as they''re all now just overseas owned business ventures with foreign mercinaries playing in the teams you might as well just go and support Manchester City now and get your satisfaction without the wait.

Our current owners are approaching retirement from the helm.......and should be preparing for replacements to step into their shoes......Question is.....Who?

If w had these benevolent fellows we could get out of the championship and pay off all our debts.Can anyone show

me a club that has some of these money folk that is not in the PL. So it might be better

stop laughing at the OP and seeing him as an idiot.

Berty Me wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 1:27 PM:

Nothing to stop you putting up your money, instead of endlessly grizzling and whining on here.

That''s the whole point BM - current owners will not dilute there shareholding

AS THEY WANT TO RETAIN 100% CONTROL

Berty Me wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 2:15 PM:

If w had these benevolent fellows we could get out of the championship and pay off all our debts.

Can anyone show me a club that has some of these money folk that is not in the PL. So it might be better stop laughing at the OP and seeing him as an idiot.

ATTENTION HALF WHIT ALERT

BERTY ME - why do you half to insult posters who do not follow your party line

IDIOT

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Berty Me wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 2:15 PM:

If w had these benevolent fellows we could get out of the championship and pay off all our debts.

Can anyone show me a club that has some of these money folk that is not in the PL. So it might be better stop laughing at the OP and seeing him as an idiot.

ATTENTION HALF WHIT ALERT

BERTY ME - why do you half to insult posters who do not follow your party line

IDIOT[/quote]Bekoz I half toAlso it will be a party when I get back, watching MOTD. Calling you an idiot is not an insult. The only insult is your idea that NCFC fans share your stupidity about money.

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]Berty Me wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 1:27 PM:

Nothing to stop you putting up your money, instead of endlessly grizzling and whining on here.

That''s the whole point BM - current owners will not dilute there shareholding

AS THEY WANT TO RETAIN 100% CONTROL[/quote]

Brentford Derby Blackburn Birmingham Cardiff Charlton Sheff Wednesday Leeds Notts Forest Bolton Brighton Blackpool Salford City

IDIOT - most of them are in or near financial melt down.

You can also probably put Villa in that category

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Our current owners are approaching retirement from the helm.......and should be preparing for replacements to step into their shoes......Question is.....Who?[/quote]

Who says they are approaching retirement?  They are in their early seventies and there''s nothing to stop them continuing their roles for as long as they want to.  Matriachal figures in particular tend to go on and on and as long as DS keeps her enthusiasm, there''s no reason to suppose she is going to step down any time soon.  If a suitable investor was to come forward  I presume she might consider stepping down, but retiring?  I doubt it.  

[quote user="Berty Me"] Calling you an idiot is not an insult. The only insult is your idea that NCFC fans share your stupidity about money.[/quote]I thought you would have remembered City1st that Newton never was very good with maths when it comes to NCFC.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Our current owners are approaching retirement from the helm.......and should be preparing for replacements to step into their shoes......Question is.....Who?[/quote]

Who says they are approaching retirement?  They are in their early seventies and there''s nothing to stop them continuing their roles for as long as they want to.  Matriachal figures in particular tend to go on and on and as long as DS keeps her enthusiasm, there''s no reason to suppose she is going to step down any time soon.  If a suitable investor was to come forward  I presume she might consider stepping down, but retiring?  I doubt it.

[/quote]

I know she won''t stand down.......I was being ironic.......But, you weren''t to know that......Still, thanks for your responding comment. I''m humbled that a poster of your esteem actually took some of your precious time to actually peruse and make comment on my post........Now, in my opinion, no ''suitable'' investor has been deemed ''suitable'' to Delia and MWJ since the mid-nineties when they took the helm.....Cullum, The Turner''s and Mr Air Asia didn''t materialise - and many reasons for and against which have been discussed and reiterated on this forum. Now, whether it''s because it''s matriarchal, narcissistic.....or her extreme enthusiasm as for the reasons why.......Delia, will not let go.......Maybe, that''s the real reason.......why we can''t find anyone?

Hey, anyone for her chum and true Canary Fan Ed Balls to become a future board-member? Personally, he''s not for me.......

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 6:26 PM:

Berty Me wrote:

Calling you an idiot is not an insult. The only insult is your idea that NCFC fans share your stupidity about money.

I thought you would have remembered City1st that Newton never was very good with maths when it comes to NCFC.

Till u are wrong there, my maths are perfect - we just cant shoe horn that pair out & move on. We only owe them around £2M and there initial share investment of approx. £10M must now be worth £60M

If they loved Norwich so much why not sell 50% of there shareholding for £30M - invest that cash in the club and insist that new shareholder invested a similar amount

Extension to City stand brought and paid for - no debt to the club

Till or anyone tell me why they wont do it ?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Now, in my opinion, no ''suitable'' investor has been deemed ''suitable'' to Delia and MWJ since the mid-nineties when they took the helm.....Cullum, The Turner''s and Mr Air Asia didn''t materialise....[/quote]None of them offered money for their shares Mello.

Have you got anybody in mind Newton who would stump up £30 million and not have control of the club ?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Now, in my opinion, no ''suitable'' investor has been deemed ''suitable'' to Delia and MWJ since the mid-nineties when they took the helm.....Cullum, The Turner''s and Mr Air Asia didn''t materialise....[/quote]None of them offered money for their shares Mello.[/quote]

Hmm, would D&MWJ have ever accepted, if those mentioned had offered them money for their shares? Maybe if it was a gargantuan and ridiculous amount offered - and not an acceptable and fair

''going rate'' price....Personally, I somehow don''t think they ever intend to relinquish overall control over the club......regardless of what is put on the table......and, I do think you know that.....

Someone''s got to take over the reins in the future, she has no immediate family to hand the baton to?......Mickey Foulger, maybe? He''s got the best interests of the club at heart.....

[quote user="Berty Me"]If w had these benevolent fellows we could get out of the championship and pay off all our debts.Can anyone show

me a club that has some of these money folk that is not in the PL. So it might be better

stop laughing at the OP and seeing him as an idiot.[/quote]Plymouth Argyle.... what makes them more attractive to investors than us?

[quote user="Gunthorpe"]TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 6:26 PM:

Berty Me wrote:

Calling you an idiot is not an insult. The only insult is your idea that NCFC fans share your stupidity about money.

I thought you would have remembered City1st that Newton never was very good with maths when it comes to NCFC.

Till u are wrong there, my maths are perfect - we just cant shoe horn that pair out & move on. We only owe them around £2M and there initial share investment of approx. £10M must now be worth £60M

If they loved Norwich so much why not sell 50% of there shareholding for £30M - invest that cash in the club and insist that new shareholder invested a similar amount

Extension to City stand
brought and paid for - no debt to the club

Till or anyone tell me why they wont do it ?[/quote]If you can find a rich person willing to pay £60m for a minority stake in Norwich City (ie one that gives them a warm feeling inside but no control over the club and their investment) then you will have discovered a very useful idiot.

TIL 1010 wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 8:43 PM:

Have you got anybody in mind Newton who would stump up £30 million and not have control of the club ?

Till this was the whole point of my post - Crystal Palace have

My first post was taken from the BBC website - read it

The current owner at Palace has the club in mind and trying to take it to the next level

All the Stowmarket 2 are concerned about is ultimate control hence they will not dilute there shareholding below the 50% barrier

Very sad when you consider we have the best young manager in the prem and enormous potential as a club which is being stifled

I am trying to create a valid discussion but it is very difficult as this board is haunted by trolls who are not prepared to listen to anything that does not tow the party line

Delia has been fantastic for Norwich - but like Holty she needs to move on

Why can''t we find anyone? I reckon it''s our club colours, name and emblem. History and sentiment never won anything, so given the growing interest in football in China, I suggest we drop the yellow and green in favour of black and white patches and rebrand ourselves as Norwich Giant Pandas. If that doesn''t do the trick by itself, I''m sure a new book of Delia''s chinese recipes presented to every member of the Central Committee should clinch it.

PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 19/12/2015 10:17 PM:

If you can find a rich person willing to pay £60m for a minority stake in Norwich City (ie one that gives them a warm feeling inside but no control over the club and their investment) then you will have discovered a very useful idiot.

Purple = Palace have

As expected from you Purple - we have to read your 100,000 word epilogues on comparisons between UK and World Football over the last 50 years which have missed out the fact that we won the World Cup in 1966 (Hilarious but excruciating boring) but if someone makes a valid post daring to criticize the Stowmarket 2 you have a minor spasm

What a sad individual you are and a prime example of what is wrong with this forum

Why don''t we change the name from Pinkun to Delia & Mike Fun Club

Boring

What a sad individual you are and a prime example of what is wrong with this forum

Why don''t we change the name from Pinkun to Delia & Mike Fun Club & join up in a loving with your boring buddies Purple & Til

Indeed create your own love in forum & then we wont have to put up with your ridiculous boring posts and constant abuse to anyone that does not support the Stowmarket 2 are fab scenario