Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

lamine kone from lorient

norwich are leading the race to sign centre back for £5 million, should have talks this week according to reports today

While there may be genuine interest, Kone''s been linked with other Premier League clubs over the past two weeks - repeatedly Newcastle and Sunderland - who are also said to be close to a deal for him.

I don''t know enough about him at the moment to judge but I imagine if AN wants him he''s good enough for us. Hopefully AN can convince him we''re a good prospect!

27 yr old, quite composed defender. Got a bit of a cool head, shields the ball very well. Big frame, around 189 cm, I think.

He is a centre back, but can also play right back. May come in handy...

Also very good at travelling with the ball, almost similar to the marauding runs of Sissoko at Newcastle (when in form).

His height is handy at set pieces, and he has scored a few for Lorient on set pieces.

Represented France U17-U20 levels, but capped by Ivory Coast at senior level.

Probably the kind of defender we can realisticly recruit. He is very decent, but not top of the pile. A defender for the middle or lower half of the Premiership, i.e good enough for us.

I think his contract runs out in June (not checked it), so he will likely have some suitors.

Can also more than hold his own in one-vs-one situations, and that is something we lack a bit from our present defenders, be it CB or fullbacks.

[quote user="grefstad"]27 yr old, quite composed defender. Got a bit of a cool head, shields the ball very well. Big frame, around 189 cm, I think.

Also very good at travelling with the ball, almost similar to the marauding runs of Sissoko at Newcastle (when in form).

His height is handy at set pieces, and he has scored a few for Lorient on set pieces.

Probably the kind of defender we can realisticly recruit. He is very decent, but not top of the pile. A defender for the middle or lower half of the Premiership, i.e good enough for us.

I think his contract runs out in June (not checked it), so he will likely have some suitors.[/quote]

So basically you went on Wikipedia and then made a post pretending you knew all this without the help of the Internet.

Cool.

[quote user="grefstad"]27 yr old, quite composed defender. Got a bit of a cool head, shields the ball very well. Big frame, around 189 cm, I think.

I think his contract runs out in June (not checked it), so he will likely have some suitors.[/quote]
Isn''t Wikipedia useful?

A classic check of his latest FIFA ratings comes up with strength of 90.. and some comments about being like a defensive version of Akinfenwa haha

If we beat Sunderland, Newcastle and Swansea to him we can be very pleased with ourselves indeed. Sam Allardyce has admitted this CB is high on his priority list.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="grefstad"]27 yr old, quite composed defender. Got a bit of a cool head, shields the ball very well. Big frame, around 189 cm, I think.

Isn''t Wikipedia useful?
[/quote]The more he posts the more it becomes obvious that the ''oneliners'' have got him sussed.

Squit: must be clear to all that you, also in this thread, have contributed with insightful knowledge for us to enjoy. Not

[quote user="grefstad"]Squit: must be clear to all that you, also in this thread, have contributed with insightful knowledge for us to enjoy. Not[/quote]Like many of the ''oneliner'' brigade, I make plenty of fair and reasonable contributions elsewhere on the board.I just like calling you out for your condescension and bullsh*t.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="grefstad"]Squit: must be clear to all that you, also in this thread, have contributed with insightful knowledge for us to enjoy. Not[/quote]Like many of the ''oneliner'' brigade, I make plenty of fair and reasonable contributions elsewhere on the board.I just like calling you out for your condescension and bullsh*t.[/quote]

Believe me, feedthewolf, you would never be able to recognize any bullshit if ever you saw it. Apart from your own dull stuff, ofcourse.

[quote user="Al Harrington"]Grefstads combined knowledge of Wikipedia and Fifa16 stats coming to the fore.[/quote]

Really? Where in Wiki does it say he is good at running with the ball, Sissoko-style? And the other attributes I wrote about him?

As for FIFA, never played a footie game on console or PC in my life. Only losers spend time on that shi@te. I guess you are familiar with time wastings like that, Al?

If not, let us please hear your insightful view on Kone. Sadly you don''t have one, and likely never will, because apart from Messi and Neymar, you would probable know feck all about players outside of Norfolk, let alone England.

Not worthy of a discussion, in other words.

[quote user="grefstad"]Believe me, feedthewolf, you would never be able to recognize any bullshit if ever you saw it. Apart from your own dull stuff, ofcourse.[/quote]Face it, no one likes you. The main reason for this is you talk like you are the only person who knows anything about anything. I''m perfectly civil and polite to most posters; in general, the ones I don''t like I tend to ignore. You, however, are so phenomenally rude and condescending to everyone that I quite enjoy calling you out.You should get out more, there must be more to your life than loitering around here trying to break records for unpopularity. You come across as a terribly sad little man who suffers from low self-esteem due to a lack of genuine fulfilment or accomplishment in life.

Do I have to be liked? I like having right. I could not care less if feedthewolf or others dislike my direct (but very often correct) style.

Its a fecking fan forum, not a Miss World contest where it is important to be "liked"

If you can not see that, my argument is right. You are not worthy of the discussion.

Besides, you should see, read, and discuss every post, every argument, in this forum solely on the basis of its own content. Not mix in your silly predjudice from other posts or forums. It just makes the impression that your are completely out of arguments, and therefore attack the messenger.

I only attack those who attack my completely sensible posts. If lunatics want to attack me without any reason, I will always bite back, and you will then get the debate climate you seem to crave.

If you want a better climate for discussion, spend your time actually disussing, not attacking people who defend themselves from being attacked.

[quote user="grefstad"]Do I have to be liked? I like having right. I could not care less if feedthewolf or others dislike my direct (but very often correct) style.

Its a fecking fan forum, not a Miss World contest where it is important to be "liked"

If you can not see that, my argument is right. You are not worthy of the discussion.

Besides, you should see, read, and discuss every post, every argument, in this forum solely on the basis of its own content. Not mix in your silly predjudice from other posts or forums. It just makes the impression that your are completely out of arguments, and therefore attack the messenger.

I only attack those who attack my completely sensible posts. If lunatics want to attack me without any reason, I will always bite back, and you will then get the debate climate you seem to crave.

If you want a better climate for discussion, spend your time actually disussing, not attacking people who defend themselves from being attacked.[/quote]I don''t deny your right to post however you wish, just as I am sure you do not deny me mine.There is a lot of substance in a many of your posts, and many arguments that are definitely worthy of discussion.However, I have no interest in discussing them with you, because you are so wholeheartedly unpleasant to everybody. I am sure I am not alone in this, otherwise more of the ''deluded'' would surely engage in discussion with you rather than just mocking you. I''ll go back to ignoring you now. Have a nice Christmas.

"If you cannot see that, my argument is right. You are not worthy of the discussion."

You surely don''t mean that do you grefstad? Why else would you be here? Perhaps write a blog if that''s what you truly believe. As you said yourself it''s a football forum, and you have just demonstrated the same narrow minded behaviour that you frequently accuse others of.

Some points can be in football are finite, but ultimately there is more than one way to flay a sheep!! Or something like that, hence the different opinions.

I hope you have a Merry and Picturesque Christmas in Norway!!