Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Ruddy story in The Sun

[quote user="morty"]93 vintage, you are making an assumption that John Ruddy was drunk.

Pretty sure unless someone performs a breath or blood test then you can''t say that with any certainty.

And if you trust the word of a drunken idiot, another idiot with a cameraphone, a "lifelong Norwich City fan" all whose words were reported in The Sun, then you are probably buying the right "newspaper".[/quote]Huzzah !

[quote user="9Зvintage"]We can only really go on what the eyewitness said, which was that an inebriated Ruddy was mouthing off at people and being a dickhead before launching his attack. This appears to tally with the video, ie a drunk Ruddy pushing people away as he tries to further injure his victim.If the above proves correct, then I can only see one option for the club - put him on the transfer list.[/quote]So the bloke was injured was he ? [*-)][8-)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Some idiot''s think they can take advantage of the fact, as far as they''re concerned, a player won''t react or retaliate because they''re representing the club 24/7.
I''m glad Ruddy done it. These kind of people with absolutely no spine who walk around abusing people they think they can get away with, deserve it.
[/quote]How very indie of you... moron.

Oh dear God not you again canary_1902

Even looking past the blindingly obvious fact you have no idea what the definition of indie is, the next fact that out of 127 posts half of them must be quoting me and making an indie reference is the behaviour of an unstable psycho.

What do you want from me? Do you want to go out for a drink or something? Food perhaps? Or do I just politely decline? I''m really not sure how to handle a guy hitting on me.

I like the way this "lifelong fan"''s first port of call, rather than to the club saying he''ll delete the video in exchange for an apology and a couple of tickets to the next match, was straight to The Sun, probably in exchange for a grand or so.

Without knowing the circumstances only assumption can be made, based on the bases of the press and some dodgy video.

No doubt both had a few drinks and as always it only takes a few daft comments from either party to kick things off.

That said there''s never any good reason to physically attack someone, the circumstances can be severe, health, law and employment wise!

Silly boy should have listened to leave it alone.

Can''t condone violence but till everything is known who''s to say who''s wrong and right?

the hypocrisy on here is cringe worthy!!!!i dont believe anyone posting in this thread thats over the age of 13 has never had a bit of banter or an aggressive encounter /misunderstanding on a night out at any point in their life, if youre saying you havnt youve lived a very very boring sheltered life! it happens, even if you arent looking for it.someone antagonizing  a large professional athlete should probably count himself lucky he didnt connect properly, ruddy isnt a small manOf course mr ruddy should know better, but so should the halfwit trying to wind him up.50 of one half dozen the other. no one got hurtjog on

There seems to be a lot of people on here stating what a good bloke John Ruddy is. Based on what? That he plays for us?

It''s okay to slag off players from other clubs but someone who provokes one of our own deserves all he gets it seems and never mind the law. That is plain hypocritical.

I don''t know John Ruddy but I do know he has been out of form and displaying a lack of confidence in his day job for months.

I know he has lost his place in the side and that is a bigger deal for a keeper than for any other position in a team.

I know he has shown dissent and been confrontation with his own supporters over his play in matches. He doesn''t appear to take criticism at all well.

I remember a story someone posted on here about an old boy who worked at a Norwich Hotel when Ruddy parked on the disabled bay. It was pointed out to him, Ruddy said he didn''t see it and the reply was along the lines of not seeing Suarez shots in the previous game to which Ruddy told the man to eff off.

I know footballers get stick all the time but the media isn''t full of stories of retaliation so most either take care where they go or else handle the situation differently. Anyone in the media glare these days gets trolled, it isn''t nice but it can be managed while thinking of the rewards.

I don''t know what is going on in Ruddy''s private life or what he is going through with his form as a professional footballer. I was pleased to see Declan given a chance and Ruddy dropped to re-build. If he is a better keeper than Declan he will re-group, work hard and his talent will come through.

But even without the benefit of a blood test he exhibits all the signs of being drunk as a skunk in the video. It is 2-40am in a City centre where everyone knows him and the area is full of similarly inebriated people lacking self control. He is a 29 year old man who has put himself in a stupid position when he is in the throes of a professional crisis.

Wiz is absolutely right; if Ruddy punched someone he is likely to have inflicted the usual injuries but, from the punch alone or from a resultant fall, or from the victims pre-condition, he could just as easily be facing a manslaughter charge. He behaved like an utter yob and if a fan did this at Carrow Road they''d get a life ban.

Someone is always likely to have a phone recording an incident these days. Loads of people filmed the Walthamstow Tube Station stabbing. It is modern day crowd behaviour. It is inevitably shared and that is it. But Ruddy was probably too drunk to think of any consequences which somewhat reflects his on the pitch decision making this season. The man needs to manage his temperament all round.

He has been a good servant to Norwich but Norwich City absolutely made his career; right place, right league, right manager, right time. I wonder if he has forgotten this; keepers of his standard are not uncommon although English keepers are less so.

Quite honestly I don''t care what the Club does with him; he has discredited the Club and needs to learn some humility for his own good.

rudolphyouve never done anything wrong have you

MTFU

this isnt even 1/4 as bad in terms of setting an example as bassong waving his gun around

Not really sure how anyone can objectively say what has or hasn''t gone on between Ruddy and the other individual unless they were there. The video made public is quite short, and only shows a pissed off Ruddy - everything else is guesswork.

With the club not commenting, if there''s to be any further info/explanation, it''s down to EDP reporters to find those involved, otherwise its all simply conjecture.

You don''t know anything about me Iron Stan.

I''m sorry if my opinions came across too subjectively when I was trying to be objective.

Please explain what MTFU means?

As for Bassong and others, if a player is worth keeping to his club it doesn''t matter if he karate kicks fans in the stands, bites opponents or gets into City Centre fights.

If he isn''t wanted; any excuse to get rid will do.

Rudolph I know that hotel story, I was working there at the time. I remember it to be Matty Pattison though not Ruddy.

I think some may be judging the whole thing a bit too quickly. No proof of anything more than two guys puffing there chests so far. I notice too that the more reputable news outlets aren''t reporting the upper cut either. I''m sure CCTV will be checked and if he has hit someone he will get charged.

I don''t care what happens to Ruddy other than as it affects the reputation of Norwich City and the performance of the team.

If Declan plays well he can get his head down and sort his game out. If he works his way back he will be the better for it.

If he moves on, fine. I''m only glad we have a manager with the guts to drop him.

I would rather the whole incident hadn''t occurred, but I forgive all involved.

Hallelujah

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="9Зvintage"]We can only really go on what the eyewitness said, which was that an inebriated Ruddy was mouthing off at people and being a dickhead before launching his attack. This appears to tally with the video, ie a drunk Ruddy pushing people away as he tries to further injure his victim.If the above proves correct, then I can only see one option for the club - put him on the transfer list.[/quote]So the bloke was injured was he ? [*-)][8-)][/quote]Maybe he was feigning injury in order to try and get Ruddy sent off?

Why is it that so many on here are so eager to jump on a players back without any proof.

The claims may well be correct, who knows? what we do know so far is(as far as I''m aware):

No charges have yet been made, and no reports to the authorities from the night of (yet since the sun posted something, you''re bound to see people becoming "witness'' who were likely miles away)

The video shows no physical attack

The blurry video shows no damage done to the "victim".

The Sun are world famous for their terrible reporting. anything to make a quick big issue and make some ad revenue.

and people are innocent until proven guilty.

If this video showed Ruddy actually decking the guy, it would be a different story. But so many on this site are either fake accounts looking to stir sh*t up, or are so eager to be a "I told you so" they would send one of our most loyal players up sh*ts creak without a paddle (or a boat for that matter)

Agree with everything aboveNow on BBC Football page - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-35095348But strangely, or maybe not, nothing on the Pink ''Un

Redders Right Foot I can''t believe that''s your take on this thread.  My take on this thread is quite the opposite.  There''s a lot of people on here, not just defending Ruddy without any proof, but there''s also some going further and criticising the ''victim''!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Redders Right Foot I can''t believe that''s your take on this thread.  My take on this thread is quite the opposite.  There''s a lot of people on here, not just defending Ruddy without any proof, but there''s also some going further and criticising the ''victim''!
[/quote]

If he didn''t go around head-butting peoples fists then maybe we could have a bit more sympathy for him.

lord did you see the bit in the video where ruddy pushed a women into the road to get at the man ?

lets just be thankful a taxi didn''t hit her !

so yes we don''t know what was said by who . we don''t know if any punches were thrown , we can only say what we see on the video and the fact is JR lost control and the video shows ruddy would of attacked the man if allowed so at least threating behaviour

he could of jumped in a taxi and been home without any of this

just also think ruddy is a professional footballer who should also protect himself as we might be in sleepy Norwich but there are plenty of people on the streets who could end HIS career with one kick or punch no matter how big he is

[quote user="norfolkngood"]lord did you see the bit in the video where ruddy pushed a women into the road to get at the man ?

lets just be thankful a taxi didn''t hit her !

so yes we don''t know what was said by who . we don''t know if any punches were thrown , we can only say what we see on the video and the fact is JR lost control and the video shows ruddy would of attacked the man if allowed so at least threating behaviour

he could of jumped in a taxi and been home without any of this

just also think ruddy is a professional footballer who should also protect himself as we might be in sleepy Norwich but there are plenty of people on the streets who could end HIS career with one kick or punch no matter how big he is[/quote]

I''m not saying Ruddy was in the right in any way at all but there is a hell of a lot of supposition on here about whose fault it was (on both sides of the fence) and I would never rely on a grainy video or a dodgy newspaper report on which to base an opinion.

Unless there was actually some kind of physical altercation - which there is absolutely no evidence of on the video - this is a non-story spun out of proportion by the nation''s favourite substitute for toilet paper. Yeah, sure, Ruddy should''ve been the bigger an (figuratively speaking, he obviously is in a literal sense) and ignored whatever was said but he didn''t, and it''s hard to have any sympathy for the other bloke who evidently did something to provoke Ruddy''s anger and as far as the video shows didn''t get anything hurt except for his feelings.

Ruddy will likely get a telling off and a fine for bringing the club into disrepute and that''ll be the end of it. He''s clearly and unambiguously second choice now anyway; I don''t actually see him getting back into the team unless Rudd gets injured so it probably won''t affect our season very much.

If it turns out there''s more to the video and he did actually assault the guy then, whatever the provocation, he''s crossed a line and things will be different; but there''s nothing in that video to show any physical contact, and seeing as no assault has been reported I doubt it happened.

Incredibly unprofessional of Ruddy to be involved in such a situation, regardless of circumstances.

The club have clear training and guidelines for players regarding dealing with such situations, where to be, where not to be, how to behave.

Negative PR will be kept to a minimum, though Ruddy will be both embarrassed and reprimanded by the club.

Parma

This story is far juicer than Ruddy hits a random drunk in the street!!

[quote user="Lord Horn again"]So you''ve decided who the ''victim'' is in this case, based on the always accurate journalism of The Scum - I rest my case m''lud![/quote]

If this is directed at me, then no, hence the speech marks!