Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Ruddy story in The Sun

Nobody is pressing charges by the looks of it and police can''t be bothered with handbags. It''s a dead story.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="JF"]Why wouldn''t it be? There is nothing in it to warrant deleting it.[/quote]Not so. I am not going to be specific, for pretty obvious reasons, but there are several posts that are potentially defamatory, and not necessarily of only one person. There is also a possible danger of contempt of court. But apart from all that the thread is absolutely fine...[/quote]So why have Archant not removed the thread then or been asked to remove it Purple if they are facilitating a host of offences ?[/quote]
Tilly, you are asking the wrong person. I can think of some reasons, but cannot answer that for sure. I will make a few extra points. It seems likely that no-one who has posted about what happened was there. Even if someone was I wouldn''t necessarily trust their account. Studies have shown that if six people watch the same fast-moving incident you will have half a dozen versions of what went on. But in this case we are almost certainly getting at best second-hand reports and probably ones at more removes than that. As Slim has indicated, that is a recipe for the truth to be mangled beyond repair.In cases like this, with talk of a criminal offence, there is a double-bind that operates. If a court case ensues then comments beforehand may be held to be contempt of court, being prejudicial. And if no trial follows (or there is a not guilty verdict) then anyone who has alleged a criminal offence is in danger of being sued for libel, since the official proved/provable truth is that no crime was committed.And although truth is usually (not always) a working defence in defamation it is not truth per se, but proved/provable truth that is necessary. And those are often not at all the same thing.

You mention libel Purple and previous experiences on here have repeatedly seen threads removed when even a whiff of it is smelt by Archant. This is what i find all rather strange regarding this '' incident ''.

All reminds me of the so called DM incident down POW - funnily enough nothing ever came of that made up nonsense as well, I wonder why?. I do wonder if Ruddy will be on the bench tomorrow, or whether Kean will be in his place - that will possibly indicate if the club saw it as anything more than a bit of verbal and handbags...

[quote user="Alex "]All reminds me of the so called DM incident down POW - funnily enough nothing ever came of that made up nonsense as well, I wonder why?.[/quote]Made up nonsense Alex hey ?....yeah whatever. Norwich maybe a city but sometimes it is just a village.

[quote user="Alex "]All reminds me of the so called DM incident down POW - funnily enough nothing ever came of that made up nonsense as well, I wonder why?. I do wonder if Ruddy will be on the bench tomorrow, or whether Kean will be in his place - that will possibly indicate if the club saw it as anything more than a bit of verbal and handbags...[/quote]

Made up? My cousin dropped his pizza in amazement. Fact is, a certain someone has the local press by the balls.

Go against us and get the boot. He banned look east once

If reports are to be believed its also pretty obvious why no complaint has been/is likely to be made to police in this instance.

Having heard what I consider to be a reliable account of what went on I have more sympathy for Ruddy than I did initially.

I still don''t know what happened and don''t really care - but it''s in the open so people know about it - IMO regardless of what happened the club have taken the right approach by saying what they NEED to about it and nothing more - good on them for that.

Regardless of what happened Ruddy has been a great stalwart for this club which has seen us through our best moments of the modern era. Whilst he''s still at the club and certainly whilst he has not been charged or proved guilty of anything I will continue to support him as one of our players and a member of my beloved team and everyone else should do the same.

He''ll be on the bench today. Not because he doesn''t deserve to start because of anything other than Rudd deserves his chance after his impressive display last week.

I have had it confirmed tonight you are a small minded individual who likes to delude himself that he is big by happening to have heard some stories

[quote user="T"]I have had it confirmed tonight you are a small minded individual who likes to delude himself that he is big by happening to have heard some stories[/quote]Very big of you to say so, T. Have you followed CUSDP''s posts over the years? His track record is pretty much the best on here in terms of inside info.

[quote user="T"]I have had it confirmed tonight you are a small minded individual who likes to delude himself that he is big by happening to have heard some stories[/quote]As someone who knows this poster personally, I can assure you that you are way off the mark.

[quote user="T"]I have had it confirmed tonight you are a small minded individual who likes to delude himself that he is big by happening to have heard some stories[/quote]

T. Crawl back under your rock. Morty....FTW....thanks 👍🏽

Funny how Archant didn''t prove into anything eh!

McNally survives again.

The sooner this thread dies away the better, because based on you latest post I am afraid there is a serious point you are missing, although whether it is the same point you were earlier accused of failing to grasp I could not say.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The sooner this thread dies away the better, because based on you latest post I am afraid there is a serious point you are missing, although whether it is the same point you were earlier accused of failing to grasp I could not say.[/quote]

That was a reply to cusdp.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The sooner this thread dies away the better, because based on you latest post I am afraid there is a serious point you are missing, although whether it is the same point you were earlier accused of failing to grasp I could not say.[/quote]Great job in letting it die away there[Y]

Somewhat ironic that someone blurting out info on the Internet best dealt with privately suggests someone crawls under a rock. Hope they get help resolving their apparent personal issues.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Oh dear. Purple has spoken 🙈[/quote]

it was serious advice given in a friendly spirit. Make of it what you will. I won''t make the point again.

Apologies was meant tongue in cheek. I''m not sure what you said but I''m not gonna trawl through all this thread to find it.

I just find it odd that this thread is still up and running like Tilly says.

Anyway that''s me done now, have a good Xmas all 👍🏽

[quote user="T"]Somewhat ironic that someone blurting out info on the Internet best dealt with privately suggests someone crawls under a rock. Hope they get help resolving their apparent personal issues.[/quote]

Cool story. Maybe put it in your autobiography 💤💤💤