Sign in to follow this  
GPs Beard

Ruddy story in The Sun

Damn what a stupid man, suspect we have seen the last of him in a Norwich shirt!! Always seemed like he had his head on shoulders but recent comments and this act show him as just another egomaniac

Ruddy did well to keep his cool in my opinion. That lad was wasted and was clearly looking for trouble, I particularly like the way he pooped himself when Ruddy lunged at him.

Problem with selling is that his stock has already gone down considerably prior to this incident. This will only remove another couple of mill from his value. With hindsight should have sold him when we had the chance.

''''Problem with selling is that his stock has already gone down considerably prior to this incident. This will only remove another couple of mill from his value. With hindsight should have sold him when we had the chance.''''

....Pricey

Funy that,cos when i did a search for the story, the first link that came up was our refusal to sell him to Chelski a while ago.

But yeah, stupid uneccessary behaviour from an ''adult proffessional''.......should know better but obviously lost the head.

Not a great example to set for our young fans he should be subject to full club discipline

There is also a criminal law element to the case he could and should also face investigation for common assault.

As a professional footballer why was he out on the lash anyway at this time. You would think all his energies would be in getting back in form and back in the team rather than doing his impression of a budget Rocky film

Seems a fair few people were trying to get rid of the idiot.

Yes JR has had a few words with members of the crowd at CR in the Barclay during hughtons era.

But this guy is a total idiot, going to get a nice pay out for clearly escalating a situation by goading JR and the group around him.

He has made a mistake, a big one for him and no doubt discussions are needed to find the full story and to deem what is necessary punishment.

However this idiot will get a nice pay out and have achieved nothing. What is the point in his actions, no idea.

One thing I will add if players want to have late nights and a few too many drinks why not fly away or book a private venue, book cabs.

They can afford it and it means that the idiots do not meet them.

Wcorkcanary - I also recall the chelski rumours and seem to remember they didn''t hit our valuation. Arsenal also linked at one point. However at that time I think most would have preferred to keep Ruddy.

As I think Smooth mentioned, this won''t become a criminal matter, the guy involved will get a very handsome payout from Ruddy to prevent any charges being brought.

Love the testimony from the fan! It was hilarious!

Bet he phones canary call next week

"I had an opinion about him as a good guy, but frankly I''m thrilled at the prospect of using this as a stick to beat the club with"

"I''m pretty sure Russell Martin and Stephen Whittaker held the bloke down"

"Kyle Lafferty and Cody McDonald stepped in and broke the fight up using the power of the force"

How can anyone tell the guy was "an idiot" or that he was goading Ruddy?

He may have been but you can''t tell that. You can''t tell what caused it and who was provoking whom.

Ruddy may have been provoked but regardless IF he smacked the bloke he was unprofessional and out of order and you could argue the same generally from the way he is being aggressive in the video.

On a lighter note great banter from the bloke who shouts "great technique Jon" at the end of the vid!

Ruddy appears to have been in a slippery slope now for a while. He maybe needs some help to sort his head out off the pitch.

If we''re not talking about a footballer in the public eye then the fact some guy kept goading some other guy and eventually the other guy had enough and smacked him is hardly news.
You''ve also got to be pretty stupid to start on someone the size of Ruddy.

Oh get off your moral high horses.This is typical of this generation, people think they can behave how they like with no consequences.If some drunken idiot starts chest poking a bloke far bigger bloke than him and gets chinned for it, then hopefully its a life lesson he will take onboard.

Dean Coney''s boots wrote the following post at 14/12/2015 8:39 AM:

"Yes we all make mistakes. But he isn''t 17!!!

Learn to handle yourself on booze or stop drinking. Never did work out why some people have to get violent"

His reaction can never be justified Dean, and yes of course he should not have done what he did.

I have no idea what had been going on before this though, there could have been a deliberate attempt to provoke him to get this reaction.

I know the mantra is that behaviour like this is never acceptable and even less so with a role model, that''s correct and I subscribe to it, however all I would say though there is a limit to what someone in the public eye can be expected to take before they react, it''s human nature.

My first instinct is to leap to defend our players but I accept that the film is pretty damning.

[quote user="Alex "]I can only hope the bloke John smacked was Grefstad.[/quote][:D]!!Though unfortunately unlikely he was in Norwich!

Oh dear oh dear, that''ll hand Dec the No1 shirt for a while then.

Not that he needed any help after his solid performance on Saturday!